Inbound Marketing Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.58K Views
bootstrapped startup needs to be creative about "enaging" with out of house expertise

Fanciful title really translates in simple English as this: We are (read I am ) a bootstrapped, cash strapped startup and I need to employ the services of outsite experts but want to a). minimise...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 21:09
Blank
Voidstar
55 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
Content marketing: how to make your content viral?

What are some strategies to create content that has the most chance of going viral organically? I have been writing a few long, well thought blog posts in my niche which, while are super high...

asked Apr 13 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Yolanda Troutman
7 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Your best strategies for content marketing?

What are some of the best strategies and techniques for content or inbound marketing? What has been working great for you in 2014? What hasn't?

asked Mar 31 '14 at 23:45
Blank
Earl Coleman
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Factors that determine a quality link in link building?

What are things to look out for when considering the value of a link? What factors make a back link good or bad?The factors seem to change drastically every year. Here are some things that were...

asked Mar 25 '14 at 16:13
Blank
Michael Trent
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Best way to show a client benefits of content marketing and inbound marketing?

I run a web development consultancy that also provides marketing services. How can I convince my clients to let us do content marketing for them?Most have no idea what content marketing is, so...

asked Feb 28 '14 at 13:57
Blank
Ruth Rose
50 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.26K Views
What kind of skills should I look for in a Head of Marketing?

IT used to be said that half of the money you spent on advertising was wasted - but you couldn't tell which half (bonus points to anyone who know who originated that). Online marketing is...

asked Jan 22 '10 at 08:00
Blank
Puk
81 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
84.2K Views
How should I approach the media and influencers about my small business software?

I recently spoke to the Director of Sales of a new, successful CRM software. He said a key part of their marketing is PR and getting the media to talk about them. We're building a software for...

asked Jan 1 '13 at 05:50
Blank
Sguptaet
242 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.98K Views
How to approach SEO for a new website?

We have just launched (yesterday actually!) a website for our startup - providing mobile and Facebook app development services. Sales will totally drive from leads generated from the website....

asked Jul 21 '12 at 17:21
Blank
Ali
179 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
What are basic steps to creating a simple marketing strategy for a small startup?

I have started a small startup online business. I need to drive traffic to the site and create new users - a classic "inbound marketing" problem. I have seen that people have asked similar...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 19:33
Blank
Slightly Dillusioned Startup Guy
48 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
How do I get the word out about my SMS Reminder Service startup?

Possible Duplicate: How Do I Promote My Business I launched an online SMS appointment reminder service about 6 months ago. So far the users have been quite happy with the service and the...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 16:03
Blank
Michael
6 points

12 Votes
2 Answers
3.18K Views
How Do I Promote My Business

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. For this question and answer, we will tackle the Promotion...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 06:46
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.69K Views
What is the best webinar platform/service to use?

I am likely to launch a webinar series with some partner companies that is targeted at individuals. Initially we might be as small as 50 - 100 attendees at first but it has the potential to be...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 06:32
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.75K Views
What is standard marketing practice for a niche SAAS product?

My product solves a known problem for a specific industry and I am wondering how best to sell this. Eventhough it is a SAAS based product, our leads won't come online to search for this type of...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 07:30
Blank
User11074
39 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
4.31K Views
How can I evaluate a link building company?

We're looking for a link building company, but are weary of anything we find in Google. So far I've looked at: backlinkbuild.com (most promising so far for their blog network) submitedge.com (for...

asked Jun 15 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Mike
252 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Facebook pages for different websites

I am having problems getting my head around facebook pages. I'm a technical guy, and I have read the facebook docs as well as a few blogs on why to use facebook pages - however, I don't quite get...

asked Jun 9 '11 at 00:58
Blank
Voidstar
55 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
3.9K Views
What is the best way to spend an initial budget of $1000 on SEO?

We recently launched an online quoting SaaS and are targeting some fairly competitive keywords (e.g. quoting software or quoting system). Because the domain is relatively new (~6 months), I know it...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 08:35
Blank
Mike
252 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
I launched a DIY website software company. How/where would you market it?

Currently the software is in alpha and we're looking for some more users and are not sure where the best place is to drop an invite code or whatever other strategy will help us gather up some...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 14:33
Blank
Nfriend21
31 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
Sales quoting - what tools do you use to generate and manage quotes, and how much time do you spend?

I am curious what tools people are using out there to generate and manage their sales quotes. I would like to better understand the market for our online quoting system. Where do most of your...

asked May 30 '11 at 11:26
Blank
Mike
252 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
What are the marketing techniques can startups use to reach to its target market - Hotels and restaurant

We are a service startup and we work with hotels and restaurants helping them create their online presence like their site/blog or presence and spread in social media platforms. Though some of our...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 04:03
Blank
Beginning Steps
50 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
How to narrow a specific target market from a larger overall market? (B2B SaaS)

We're in the final stages of building an online quoting system that automates quoting and lead generation for B2B companies, via their own website. The overall market for our software is large -...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 15:38
Blank
Mike
252 points