B2B Questions

3 Votes
5 Answers
4.93K Views
Ideas for bootstrapping a SaaS startup?

We are a B2B startup that has been started based on great technology (MIT PhD/Spin-off for developer tools/uml). We want to get around some of the inefficiencies in our industry by allowing for...

asked Oct 16 '09 at 12:41
Blank
Vineet
1,080 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.71K Views
How to start getting B2B leads/clients?

What is a good way to start drumming up business for B2B? I've thought of a few ways such as joining the local chamber of commerce for the city i'm targeting (with the intent of getting to know the...

asked Aug 31 '11 at 08:04
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.8K Views
Which ecosystem to build an app for first: iOS or Android?

We are building an app that caters to the B2B crowd, and our initial research has shown that our audience is split evenly among the platforms.Both of us are non-technical co-founders so we will be...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 15:42
Blank
John Moe
14 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
6.12K Views
How would you start finding business ideas? ("pain" that businesses or customers experience)?

This is for someone who is perfectly positioned to start a business (IT graduate, no expenses, saving all of his money, living at home and unchallenged at work). BUT.... he doesn't have any...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 15:30
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.3K Views
How much is the average sales commission in B2B SaaS sales?

I'm currently running a SaaS and I'm starting to look around to hire the first sales rep / sales agent, so the last few days I've read a lot about creating a sales plan, commissions, base...

asked Jul 20 '14 at 22:46
Blank
James
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.64K Views
Does cold calling work for B2B SaaS applications?

Is cold calling a viable marketing channel for a B2B Saas product? We are trying every possible channel to see what sticks in order to get more paid customers.Cold calling has a higher investment...

asked May 9 '14 at 01:10
Blank
Mike Lambert
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
B2B physical product: charge for samples or provide them for free?

I'm starting a business similar to Zazzle, but geared more towards B2B products. The sales process is unfamiliar territory for me.What should I do if companies ask for samples? Should I charge for...

asked Apr 4 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Jorge Bolton
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Website promotion

Sometimes when you create an account in some websites they send you promotional material like stickers and shirts of their company and other companies. I am starting a website and want to do a...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 13:03
Blank
User2636368
8 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
How do you measure your B2B startup marketing ROI?

How do you measure your B2B startup marketing ROI? What's the main difference between SMM ROI for a startup and a corporation? The goal should be the same, find prospects, nurture relationships,...

asked Sep 25 '13 at 18:40
Blank
Rutada
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
Is enterprise software more difficult to sell than consumer software?

I see several questions on this site that discuss how, as a startup, to sell software to large businesses. On the other hand, Paul Graham of Y Combinator says that If you're building something for...

asked Jul 18 '13 at 08:00
Blank
Dan
111 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.36K Views
Ignoring Facebook - is it safe?

I was wondering, if its safe to entirely drop facebook out of the focus and not bother with it at all. The company in question is B2B and sells enterprise level software with licenses range 10k -...

asked Feb 9 '13 at 00:29
Blank
user1721135
182 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
8.92K Views
For alpha/beta testing, should I charge users or pay users?

I'm creating a mobile app for small business wholesalers and the alpha will be finished soon. I have done some face-to-face market research by visiting trade shows they exhibit in and showing...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 01:49
Blank
Sguptaet
242 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
Customer discovery and validation in B2B

I have a very immature idea of a B2B startup, and I want to gather some feedback on it. Assuming, that "future customers" are business people, what is the best way to communicate with them on...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 15:46
Blank
Filipovskii Off
21 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.31K Views
Market validation for expensive, enterprise software

I have a working prototype for an enterprise software. It is basically a very niche product catering a subset of the engineering firm. Now, what I need, is to validate the market as soon and as...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 14:19
Blank
Graviton
871 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
Can I use Terms of Service for my SaaS instead of regular contract?

I have a B2B SaaS web app. In most cases my clients are small or medium sized organizations and we have annual contracts. In other words, they sign the contract, according to which they are 'locked...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 01:03
Blank
Salmon
970 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.5K Views
Should I try to bootstrap or find investors?

I am selling a b2b enterprise software application. We have been in development for about 4 years, which include some beta testing. Over the past 5 months, we brough on a couple developers with...

B2B
asked May 24 '12 at 03:56
Blank
User17410
5 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
Amazon Payments for B2B Software

We sell B2B software, and receive most of our payments by bank transfer or cheque. We're currently using Google Checkout to take online card payments. We have some issues with Google Checkout...

asked May 25 '12 at 19:57
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.83K Views
How can I improve my enterprise sales?

I have a SaaS product that helps certain type of companies improve their sales leads. My target audience is VP or Director of Sales - anybody within the company whose job is to increase sales. So...

asked May 11 '12 at 02:28
Blank
Salmon
970 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
B2B or B2C, How should I represent my startup in VC pitch

My web application offers subscription service to both individuals and groups. The subscription is per user basis. Most purchasers will buy on behalf of his company (individual or group). When...

asked Apr 30 '12 at 14:32
Blank
New Tothe Game
8 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
4.26K Views
'Startup' enterprise software application, question about ownership between investors and developers

Over the past four years, my business partner and I founded a company that is planning on selling B2B software. We have been paying the developers to create the software, thus keeping full...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 01:07
Blank
User17410
5 points