B2B Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.34K Views
Which ecosystem to build an app for first: iOS or Android?

We are building an app that caters to the B2B crowd, and our initial research has shown that our audience is split evenly among the platforms.Both of us are non-technical co-founders so we will be...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 15:42
Blank
John Moe
14 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.32K Views
How would you start finding business ideas? ("pain" that businesses or customers experience)?

This is for someone who is perfectly positioned to start a business (IT graduate, no expenses, saving all of his money, living at home and unchallenged at work). BUT.... he doesn't have any...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 15:30
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.15K Views
Hiring sales people on just commission for a B2B SaaS product?

Is it possible to hire sales people for a B2B SaaS company that work solely on commissions? If we were to offer them 50% of sales (which is a gigantic amount considering most companies offer 2% to...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 15:13
Blank
Joseph Key
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How much is the average sales commission in B2B SaaS sales?

I'm currently running a SaaS and I'm starting to look around to hire the first sales rep / sales agent, so the last few days I've read a lot about creating a sales plan, commissions, base...

asked Jul 20 '14 at 22:46
Blank
James
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.39K Views
Cost of creating a single content piece for a B2B blog?

I'm looking to hire writers to write blog posts on various topics for my app's blog (in the B2B space). How much can I expect to pay per blog post for quality content?

asked Sep 9 '14 at 18:58
Blank
Mable Guillory
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.32K Views
Does cold calling work for B2B SaaS applications?

Is cold calling a viable marketing channel for a B2B Saas product? We are trying every possible channel to see what sticks in order to get more paid customers.Cold calling has a higher investment...

1 Votes
0 Answers
Differences in B2B and B2C sales?

Up until now, I've also launched products that are B2C. A gaming reviews site that also sold consoles and an e-commerce that drop shipping consumer electronics.I'm starting my first venture in the...

asked May 5 '14 at 13:40
Blank
Willie Homan
7 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Quickest way to validate B2B SaaS ideas?

I have a ton of good ideas about SaaS products I want to build for the B2B market. How can I quickly validate them to figure out which one to pursue?

asked Apr 7 '14 at 13:29
Blank
Jason Wilcoxson
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
B2B physical product: charge for samples or provide them for free?

I'm starting a business similar to Zazzle, but geared more towards B2B products. The sales process is unfamiliar territory for me.What should I do if companies ask for samples? Should I charge for...

asked Apr 4 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Jorge Bolton
14 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
Pricing for B2B buyers? Should I follow the same guidelines as for B2C?

There is a plethora of pricing advice available on the web and BrightJourney. Most of it seems like it's only geared towards consumers.For example: Have prices as $3.99 instead of $4.00, etc.Do the...

asked Apr 2 '14 at 16:43
Blank
William Bell
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Website promotion

Sometimes when you create an account in some websites they send you promotional material like stickers and shirts of their company and other companies. I am starting a website and want to do a...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 13:03
Blank
User2636368
8 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
How do you measure your B2B startup marketing ROI?

How do you measure your B2B startup marketing ROI? What's the main difference between SMM ROI for a startup and a corporation? The goal should be the same, find prospects, nurture relationships,...

asked Sep 25 '13 at 18:40
Blank
Rutada
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
Is enterprise software more difficult to sell than consumer software?

I see several questions on this site that discuss how, as a startup, to sell software to large businesses. On the other hand, Paul Graham of Y Combinator says that If you're building something for...

asked Jul 18 '13 at 08:00
Blank
Dan
111 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
Which is the more suitable business type for first time entrepreneurs

Which business type b2c or b2b is more suitable for a first time entrepreneur, with little money (> 20k)? Are B2B typically tougher? Let me also note: I have a technical background

asked Feb 5 '13 at 04:53
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
Ignoring Facebook - is it safe?

I was wondering, if its safe to entirely drop facebook out of the focus and not bother with it at all. The company in question is B2B and sells enterprise level software with licenses range 10k -...

asked Feb 9 '13 at 00:29
Blank
user1721135
182 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.63K Views
For alpha/beta testing, should I charge users or pay users?

I'm creating a mobile app for small business wholesalers and the alpha will be finished soon. I have done some face-to-face market research by visiting trade shows they exhibit in and showing...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 01:49
Blank
Sguptaet
242 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
Customer discovery and validation in B2B

I have a very immature idea of a B2B startup, and I want to gather some feedback on it. Assuming, that "future customers" are business people, what is the best way to communicate with them on...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 15:46
Blank
Filipovskii Off
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
kickstarter for business to business distribution, B2B instead of B2C

I have a technology product that I've created and is ready to be ramped up for distribution. To get interest, funding and presales, kickstarter looks very attractive. My problem is that the...

asked Nov 12 '12 at 08:14
Blank
Cqm
137 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
1.27K Views
Market validation for expensive, enterprise software

I have a working prototype for an enterprise software. It is basically a very niche product catering a subset of the engineering firm. Now, what I need, is to validate the market as soon and as...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 14:19
Blank
Graviton
871 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Can I use Terms of Service for my SaaS instead of regular contract?

I have a B2B SaaS web app. In most cases my clients are small or medium sized organizations and we have annual contracts. In other words, they sign the contract, according to which they are 'locked...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 01:03
Blank
Salmon
960 points