Terms And Conditions Questions

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.87K Views
How to find a technical co-founder without compromising our company's plans?

We are a team of 2 and we hit an idea about a social media startup some time back. Everything said and done we know that we don't have a tech cofounder. while we look for one we don't want to...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 05:26
Blank
Vishal
73 points

27 Votes
9 Answers
44.8K Views
Does plagiarism apply to legal documents?

I want to copy a Terms & Conditions agreement from a competitors site & swap out their name for mine. A few entrepreneurs I know have also done it but I wanted to make sure there aren't any...

asked Feb 16 '10 at 05:40
Blank
Yasmine
206 points

23 Votes
1 Answers
20.7K Views
Is there a Terms of Service (TOS) template that I can use for my SaaS product? Please help, I am a geek and this is new to me

I am at a point where I need to have a Terms of Service (TOS) page ready before I launch my SaaS product. Is there a template somewhere that I can use, or is this something that only a lawyer can...

asked Oct 18 '10 at 02:33
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.94K Views
Do you somehow store the user agreeing to T&C?

I am curious as to whether websites actually somehow store the agreement a user makes when clicking through the terms and conditions. This way there is no way they could deny agreeing right, should...

asked Nov 10 '13 at 20:58
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
Website terms and conditions/terms of use, how to avoid the big cost for something more bespoke?

Myself and a couple of associates are starting up a job advertisement and CV database site. As part of the functionality of our site will be that employers based in various countries, can look...

asked Nov 20 '13 at 09:36
Blank
Joe Taylor
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.92K Views
What's a basic "I'm not responsible for anything" legal policy?

I'm beginning to put out lightweight online communities pretty quickly -- about 1 every week! Many of these communities are oriented toward social change, and aim to provide the necessary...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 06:42
Blank
Themirror
130 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.62K Views
Can I copy from a few different terms of service pages from competitors?

I'm working with little funds so hiring a lawyer isn't an option. I'm starting a website like gazelle.com, nextworth.com, etc. and I was wondering if I can just use their concepts and piece...

asked Oct 30 '13 at 15:10
Blank
Colton
26 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.6K Views
Terms of service: Who should accept them?

We have an online service for creating and sharing work instructions. After a private demo of the software, companies usually go for a free 30-day trial. In our software, we define an administrator...

asked Oct 4 '13 at 00:43
Blank
Daniel Frechette
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Find legal document by a portion (content) of it

I'am about to start an IT company. Among other things I need Terms-and-Conditions and Privacy-Policy documents. As far as I know I can get such by: writing them by myself; by a lawyer; or buying...

asked Jun 18 '13 at 05:24
Blank
Basic
6 points

11 Votes
2 Answers
3.65K Views
B2B SAAS business. Enterprise customers keep asking to accept their terms agreements

My business is a B2B SaaS business that I've been running for the last two years. It is self-provisioning, self-service, subscription-based service charged to customers credit cards. Monthly...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 06:53
Blank
Igorek
886 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Payment methods and conditions for fresh startup

I am an Interface designer and a startup asked me to work with them. As of now they are only two people and do not have a budget, so they would offer a share in the company. I would be fine in...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 15:36
Blank
Lukas Oppermann
126 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.34K Views
Can you be sued by a competitor simply for looking at their website?

I have been working on a SaaS product for about a year and a half (on and off, among other projects). Lately I have gotten serious about the product. While doing a routine evaluation of competitors...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 09:06
Blank
Joe A
1,196 points

-2 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Is it legal to add content to a third party sites via a browser extension?

I want to create an extension that adds content on third party sites. I will not show any advertising and I will not hide the site's content. I'd like to add my related content to 5 or 6 third...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 18:10
Blank
Giorgio Resci
8 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Consequences with investors if company doesn't meet agreed milestones

I have a few questions about promised milestones to investors. Is it common to include very specific milestones in the term sheet? What are the consequences if you fail to meet them? Losing Board...

asked Oct 19 '12 at 05:02
Blank
Wewill See
53 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Where can I find a list of pricing structure types?

Whenever people or businesses purchase services or products for a price, they do so using a pricing structure put in place by a business. These pricing structures are really defined by the Terms...

asked Aug 6 '12 at 06:15
Blank
Leeand00
108 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.9K Views
Terms of Use: Meaning of "If these terms ... are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited ..."?

I'm copy editing WordPress' Terms of Service to my own web hosting service, and I wonder what does this mean: If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Automattic, acceptance is...

asked Aug 14 '12 at 16:29
Blank
Kaj Magnus Lindberg
110 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Terms and Conditions for a Meetup.com-style network?

I am about to open up registrations to my open-source meetup.com alternative, but am worried about the legal side. What sort of things should I put in the Terms and Conditions, and do I need them...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 21:44
Blank
Samuel Marks
3 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.33K Views
In what language should terms and agreements be written?

I'm launching SaaS which will be accessed mainly through mobile app and web browser. Company will be located in one of the EU countries, but will offer services worldwide. I'm wondering in what...

asked Jul 2 '12 at 19:17
Blank
Matej Zlodej
273 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
Can I use Terms of Service for my SaaS instead of regular contract?

I have a B2B SaaS web app. In most cases my clients are small or medium sized organizations and we have annual contracts. In other words, they sign the contract, according to which they are 'locked...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 01:03
Blank
Salmon
970 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
Disclaimer for application usage

I'm building an application that lets users upload images from their desktop. (A FTP kind of program) Where do I find a disclaimer text for a program like that? Something that says "I'm not...

asked May 28 '12 at 01:38
Blank
Thomas
6 points