NDA Questions

4 Votes
3 Answers
5.94K Views
Do I really need a NDA when talking to potential lawyers?

I've seen quite a few discussions on non-disclosure agreements, but not really for when you are approaching a potential lawyer to work with. Yet, I was advised by a friend to bring a NDA, the first...

asked Dec 3 '11 at 01:52
Blank
Claudia
52 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
7.02K Views
Is a lawyer needed to draft an NDA?

Do I need a lawyer to write up a non-disclosure agreement? If so how much should this cost on average? It is a small company and it would be beneficial for them if I did not bring this to other...

asked May 2 '12 at 04:45
Blank
Peter Chapman
16 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.41K Views
Who does code written by myself during a partnership belong to in the event the product is later "acquired" by the other party's company?

I was approached to do a re-skin of my work for 50/50. I agreed and continued to develop this new product. A third party joined and we agreed to 33.3% each. This new partner incorporated the...

asked Apr 7 '19 at 02:44
Blank
Sierra
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.48K Views
NDA questions - business or individual?

So, I am an individual currently making a game. I am asking for volunteers to help with the project, but I would prefer if an NDA was signed before they join. Issue is, I am not a legally...

asked May 1 '17 at 23:04
Blank
Shikarra Wo W
11 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.87K Views
How to find a technical co-founder without compromising our company's plans?

We are a team of 2 and we hit an idea about a social media startup some time back. Everything said and done we know that we don't have a tech cofounder. while we look for one we don't want to...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 05:26
Blank
Vishal
73 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.25K Views
Are NDAs even worth signing for employees? Are they even enforceable?

As an employer, is it even worth getting employees to sign an NDA? Do they provide any significant legal protection (enforceable)?Most startups don't even have the resources to pursue a legal...

asked Apr 16 '14 at 18:26
Blank
Jason Wood
17 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
software / digital signage start-up early stages

In the early stages of a start-up, my key market is digital signage, a hardware development kit I use requires signing an NDA to receive the SDK, as stated in the early stages of the start-up. Do...

asked Mar 21 '13 at 05:58
Blank
William
1 point

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Question regarding contracts for unpaid work

we're starting a website that caters to a certain demography - and need some illustrations done. We have a few folks interested in contributing the illustrations for free - but we want to be safe...

asked Feb 22 '13 at 05:18
Blank
Ram
21 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.41K Views
Is it okay to ask potential hires about previous NDAs?

I'm in the midst of conducting research on starting up a small consulting/services business. Some of the services provided would involve developing proprietary algorithms. I would like to avoid...

asked Feb 11 '13 at 08:27
Blank
Nick Evans
23 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.91K Views
Is a company required to return a signed copy of an NDA?

I saw a similar question but it doesn't quite cover what I am asking: Signed an NDA but the company never returned their copy to me The NDA in my case was signed in the context of discussing a...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 16:58
Blank
Martin's
121 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
7.86K Views
What invalidates an NDA agreement?

I signed an NDA agreement with a company (an on campus entity in Canada) that is very vague, contains errors and there is a multitude of issues surrounding it. Its from legal zoom. 1: After my...

asked Jan 28 '13 at 09:12
Blank
User1550052
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.39K Views
As an app developer, should I have an NDA?

I am in the process of launching an LLC for app development. I already have a potential customer who has inquired about an app which I am currently creating mock-up designs for. Before I present...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 18:03
Blank
Matt Clark
135 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
Terms of agreement with a co-founder after split-up

I recently quit working with my co-founder. We had started a software business together and had agreed on a certain profit share. But shortly after the launch of the apps, we had to split because...

asked Nov 13 '12 at 23:57
Blank
Brown And Friendly
43 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Should I get investors to sign an NDA before sharing my idea?

I have an idea for a company and I want to share it with potential investors. I'm a bit concerned about my ability to protect the idea. Should I get them to sign an NDA? Would that scare investors...

asked Oct 18 '12 at 05:56
Blank
Sarah Simpson
23 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Consultants offers

We are a small marketing consulting company. Usually we are invited to solve some kind of problem or task. But we face a large problem. Our offer needs to have an idea of how to solve a particular...

asked Jul 10 '12 at 03:55
Blank
Boris
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Non-compete clause for a early employee

Is it common to ask early employee of a startup to sign a contract containing non-compete clauses? I am against our employee, but I have a little concern on our competitor as they have money to...

asked Jul 15 '12 at 01:28
Blank
Yoga
116 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Meeting with potential partners: should I make them sign a NDA?

I'm a Web developper and have a dating website idea. I'll meet in the next few weeks some webmarketers that could be my potential partners. I'll talk about the idea of course and make them an...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 22:52
Blank
Younès
120 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.75K Views
Expiry date for NDA

I am in talk with another company for developing a software for them. They require a Non-Disclosure agreement. Should I ask to specify an expiry date for the NDA? Or does it apply to my entire...

asked Mar 22 '12 at 02:12
Blank
Cnu
123 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
19.5K Views
Signed an NDA but the company never returned their copy to me

I signed an NDA with a company, sent it back to them, but they haven't returned their signature (executed copy) back to me. This has been laying out their for 7 weeks. If I can't get them to send...

asked Mar 7 '12 at 05:30
Blank
Joe
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
I need a document that both parties will sign agreeing not to sue each other

What kind of document would this be called? A little background: Party#1 is the programmer contracted to help build my website. He has signed an NDA/work for hire. Over the last couple months he...

asked Feb 16 '12 at 10:02
Blank
Kyle Berkley
31 points