Getting Started Questions

These are the basics you'll need if you're looking to be an entrepreneur and start marketing yourself.

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.17K Views
How to do without a lawyer when launching your SaaS startup?

There are several things that are needed for a SaaS startup from a legal standpoint: Privacy policy Terms of service Contracts How can a bootstrap startup do these without spending money on a...

asked Aug 29 '14 at 15:55
Blank
John Jackson
7 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
23.7K Views
Help with my company name. What is the difference between 'technology' and 'technologies'?

I am setting up my new startup company. I noticed some company named XXXX technology Inc. and some other named themselves XXXXX technologies Inc. . I would like to name my startup MyCoolName...

asked Oct 21 '10 at 05:15
Blank
Xlione
118 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
57.4K Views
Getting projects for a software development startup?

I want to start a software company based mainly on web application development and designing. So my question is, to whom should I contact in a software company to get projects or how can i contact...

asked Nov 8 '12 at 15:26
Blank
Agnihotram Srikanth
29 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Is dropshipping business still alive?

I'm thinking to start drop shipping business – to open an online store with products from AliExpress. Now I'm choosing between Oberlo and AliDropship. But the more I'm reading about that type of...

asked Jun 13 '18 at 11:11
Blank
Ольга Гончарова
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.65K Views
Avoiding information overload and how to begin learning about entrepreneurship from one source?

I am looking to get into starting my business (my first) and have no idea where to begin. Is there an online class or resource that provides most of the principles and concepts I should learn and...

asked Jun 30 '14 at 14:42
Blank
James Dowd
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.79K Views
How much does it cost to create a game such as ESPN streak for the cash?

Hi, I'm researching everything about ESPN Streak for the cash game, since I'm planning to create a game of the same nature. I am more of a business guy, and don't know much about programming and...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 15:13
Blank
Nicolás Fernández Llorente
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.07K Views
What is the low hanging fruit in driving traffic to a new website?

We are a few weeks away from launching our web app and getting marketing strategy in order.What are the "low hanging fruit" ways to drive traffic to a new website which isn't known or have any...

asked Jul 26 '14 at 02:12
Blank
Fabiola Phillips
12 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
5.65K Views
Should I learn to code or hire a contractor?

I'm a marketing person with an idea for an app that I want to launch. Should I spend a few weeks or months learning how to code or should I save up some money and hire a programmer?Are there...

asked Sep 3 '14 at 21:55
Blank
Doug Blackwell
22 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Using personal credit cards to fund a new startup?

Has anyone risked using credit cards to fund their startup in the beginning? I have looked at other options like angel funding, bank loan, etc. But none of those channels is something that I can...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 16:45
Blank
Benita Mc Dermott
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.89K Views
Outreach to potential customers in order to pitch consulting services?

I'm just getting started with a consulting business and don't have any clients or personal network I can tap into to get the ball rolling.Is it ok to cold-reach potential customers that fit my...

asked Sep 18 '14 at 21:44
Blank
Lorenzo Washington
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.79K Views
Should I go for funding for a new startup or build a marketing business that isn't scalable?

I have two ideas. One of which is pretty open but will require new software and a marketing team. I will need funding for the software. The other I can build grassroots-style but will have to get a...

asked Apr 19 '15 at 19:31
Blank
User34363
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.77K Views
I'm building an encyclopedia site. How can I ensure my new startup generates enough revenue?

I am starting a web encyclopedia in Nigeria but my fear is how to generate revenue with this online encyclopedia.

asked May 29 '15 at 22:08
Blank
Hassan Sani
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.39K Views
Are there any startup related classes / seminars in Boston?

I'm moving to the Boston area for a job and have to venture into building my business on the side. Since this will be a first for me, I would love to learn from the startup experts. Are there any...

asked Jun 29 '15 at 09:58
Blank
Alvaro Perkins
1 point

2 Votes
0 Answers
3.81K Views
What is the key to securing a large investment in a project? How much should I offer the investor in return for his risk?

Let's say all of the following conditions are true: I have the connections needed to get audience with multiple multi-millionaires, although I, myself, am not one. I have, in concept, designed a...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 03:01
Blank
Jonathan Todd
28 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.01K Views
Does age matter in leading a company?

I was thinking to start something of my own. Sometimes, I feel I am too young to get all this started. I think I need to be more experienced. Any suggestion guys, what should I do? I know this is...

asked Nov 10 '13 at 05:34
Blank
Habi
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
Low cost options for convertible desks that are both sitting and standing?

We're looking to get desks that fit both developer preferences: sitting and standing. All the convertible desks I've seen online cost $500 to even $1200.Are there any low cost options available?...

asked May 3 '14 at 19:58
Blank
Jessica Logan
6 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
4.49K Views
DIY Payroll Processing?

I have tried (and been rejected by) a few online payroll solutions. As I am about to start (very soon) working with real employees, I need to find a way to do payroll more or less manually (though...

asked Mar 30 '12 at 01:53
Blank
Michael Trausch
135 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.62K Views
Why should my partner keep me (the sole developer) as a co-founder instead of hiring a contract developer who has no ownership or revenue sharing?

A little background. I built an app for a friend's small business, it was his idea. I went to him when it was finished and told him it's a good idea and I'd like to turn it into a product I could...

asked Apr 3 '14 at 15:19
Blank
Ryan Arneson
16 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Good starting place to finding and defining entrepreneur track

I am looking for some reading, either internet articles, books, blogs or experiences to expand my awareness to build an entrepreneur track. My natural assets are gifted intelligence very high...

asked Nov 26 '13 at 08:40
Blank
Kapish M
134 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.24K Views
Setting up company in India vs United States

I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of starting a company in India in contrast to the United States. As far as I am concerned, I have seen companies (not all) set up in the...

asked Dec 9 '13 at 18:48
Blank
Java Technical
152 points