India Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.31K Views
How can a non US citizen get 20% equity in US company?

Background: I am an Indian citizen residing in India. For the past 3 years I've worked with a US company to develop a software product at a very low price. Now the product is generating some...

asked Feb 2 '20 at 15:48
Blank
Raghu N
1 point

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.96K Views
What's the legal framework for a US company (Delaware LLC) to hire a full-time remote developer (e.g. India, Sri Lanka)?

We don't need a one-shot collaboration (see elance.com, odesk.com) but a long-term remote developer. We don't know, legally speaking, how to proceed and which are the needed steps. Thank you

asked Oct 12 '10 at 23:45
Blank
Leonardo Dario Perna
106 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
10.2K Views
Options for hiring Indian workers directly

My core aim is to hire people directly in India (Delhi) and spend a lot of time there myself (I am a British person with a British passport). I am interested in knowing what are the best options...

asked Dec 10 '10 at 22:47
Blank
Dav
26 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.62K Views
How to set up an LLC company in USA and a bank account for operating the LLC

Possible Duplicate: How to register LLC in USA or LTD in UK and bank account, for foreigner? Please help me out to form an LLC company in USA along with a bank account to operate it. I am an...

asked May 21 '12 at 18:08
Blank
Avinash
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.69K Views
Can I start a company in India while working in the USA on an H1B?

Can I start an internet-based company in India, while working in the USA on an H1B visa? Will I be able to incorporate in India and pay taxes? Is it allowed? What are my options?

asked Jul 20 '11 at 23:14
Blank
Ravi
6 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.29K Views
Where to start for a website for Online store?

One of my Aunt buys raw materials from her Kashmiri(Indian) friends and sells hand made or designed dress materials. She doing this for quite some time and very happy doing it as its keeping her...

asked Sep 2 '13 at 14:57
Blank
Sandiip Patil
35 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.18K Views
Setting up company in India vs United States

I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of starting a company in India in contrast to the United States. As far as I am concerned, I have seen companies (not all) set up in the...

asked Dec 9 '13 at 18:48
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.98K Views
Saas Startup in India

We are currently in design stage for a SaaS product aiming at Indian market. Our initial (fairly local) market survey suggests that there is a demand for this product. The desktop version of this...

asked Oct 18 '13 at 20:03
Blank
User25018
109 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Would like to hire a full time programmer from India

I'm looking to hire a full time programmer in India. Of course he would need to pay tax in India. But would I also need to pay tax in USA? If I've got an LLC taxed as an S-Corp in California?

asked Oct 22 '13 at 12:19
Blank
Ron
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Outsourcing in India

Before i ask this question i want to preface it by saying that it is not meant with any racial judgement and i would like answers that are pure and coming from an honest and non-bigoty place. With...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 02:55
Blank
Amin Brodie
39 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Do I need to register a company for IT services?

I am working on a web project to provide tutoring and consulting to the USA student online. for this kind of startup, do I need to register company in India before provide any such paid...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 04:13
Blank
Daniel
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Incorporate company for running a web2.0 website to be used globally

I live in India. I need to start a social networking site here for the indian users as well as spread it to users abroad in USA, Europe, Australia. As of now, I start as a 1-man startup. I need to...

asked May 22 '13 at 21:01
Blank
User01
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Legal consultation in India

I just started working in India and the firm,I am working for, faces some small legal issues frequently. Small things like boundary dispute, customers check bounce etc. Since we have offices at...

asked May 1 '13 at 05:05
Blank
User899893
24 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
What would be the right strategy to promote a startup in India?

We have a rating based social blogging platform. The webiste got launched about a month ago and is in its beta stage now. Being established in India, where the domain of users of the site, the...

asked Jan 23 '13 at 17:31
Blank
Pranjay Mittal
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
Shipping goods from India to Texas

I am starting a clothing business and have a manufacturer in Mumbai, India. Do I pay and Indian tax and/or a US tax for importing/exporting? THANKS

asked Dec 11 '12 at 03:40
Blank
Lisa Armstrong
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
What legal documents should I receive after incorporation of a private company?

Few months ago, I started to incorporate a private company in India. Due to legal process overheads, I outsourced the task to a reputed law company. Now, whole process is almost finished. I want...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 23:29
Blank
Sachin Shekhar
260 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.38K Views
What is the legal and tax implication of a US company (Texas C Corp) hiring employees directly in India

I am the co-founder/shareholder of a US based software startup (Texas C Corp). Due to some personal reasons I have had to move to India and to make the most of it, I am planning on hiring a few...

asked May 9 '12 at 14:32
Blank
Rajat Mittal
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
Registering a company in India with multiple activities

I am from Chennai, India. I'm planning to start a few different websites in sectors like recruitment, social networking, health care, IT solutions, matrimony, real estate, promotion of products,...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 07:01
Blank
Radha
1 point

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.68K Views
How to accept payments from companies in India?

Our business accepts payments via credit cards (Google Checkout + PayPal) and also via PayPal directly. We've had several requests from companies in India, stating that they cannot pay with a...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 06:33
Blank
Romkyns
118 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.46K Views
What is the difference between incorporation, private ltd and limited?

I'm an IT student from India. I want to start a new IT company in India with the name for example "Simplesoft Incorporation". I want to know, what is the difference between using incorporation and...

asked Nov 23 '11 at 22:59
Blank
Amanjot Singh
1 point