Subscriptions Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.59K Views
Subscription billing for a B2B SaaS

I understand I can either go with a combination of: Payment Gateway (ex: Authorize.net) and Subscription management service (Spreedly, Cheddargettar) or go with one solution that provides both...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 01:27
Blank
User3462
345 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Selling cakes online. Is it a viable business and are there regulations against it?

Are there any regulations that I would need to adhere to if I wanted to bake and sell cakes online? I would only be shipping within the United States and offering the product at a premium price...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 22:25
Blank
Pablo Webb
14 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.77K Views
What's a better subscription pricing model: per-user, or multi-user packages?

I'm currently working on a web application that will be used by medical clinics. We're discussing the pricing model we're going to use. We've already decided to go with a monthly subscription...

asked Oct 14 '13 at 23:22
Blank
Jonathan
126 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.98K Views
Saas Startup in India

We are currently in design stage for a SaaS product aiming at Indian market. Our initial (fairly local) market survey suggests that there is a demand for this product. The desktop version of this...

asked Oct 18 '13 at 20:03
Blank
User25018
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Dealing with missed/overdue payments for add-ons

We are building a SaaS product where there will be some plans to subscribe to. In addition to subscribing, the user can also buy some add-ons for more functionality. Since these add-ons do not...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 13:36
Blank
F21
142 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Converting a paid service to a free service

Are there any examples where converting a paid service to a free service caused issues for subscribers? Imagine a startup with a paid service, that is acquired by a large corp who lacks a...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 22:49
Blank
New Alexandria
221 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How do you charge for consulting services of varied amounts?

We charge a monthly fee for customers to use our service. On the sign-up form the calculation for this fee is done and the cost is shown to the customer. They can then complete the billing info and...

asked May 22 '13 at 23:27
Blank
Sjbotha
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.65K Views
Accounting upfront payments in an accrual manner

In a subscription-model context, a customer can be offered to pay for a year in advance in exchange for a rebate. This might be desirable for the business for cash flow reasons. In accrual...

asked Feb 3 '13 at 09:33
Blank
Jonallard
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Billing for addons - how?

We are building an SaaS service that will be billed on a monthly basis. For example, if the user's service starts on 4th December 2012, then we bill them on 4th December 2012 for the month's fees....

asked Dec 5 '12 at 14:24
Blank
F21
142 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.99K Views
Handling pro-rated upgrade/downgrades

I'll be handing recurring billing with pro-rated upgrades/downgrades. Although upgrade seems simple, but I'm unsure wether to provide a refund incase the remainder amount exceeds the required total...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 18:26
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
New Site ... How do I get New Members?

I remember awhile back watching a video where either David Heinemeier or Kevin Rose started about how crucial it is to start with live data for a new web app. Where's the best place to purchase up...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 20:44
Blank
Dikaio
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Selecting a Pricing structure-How to offer free membership?

We are nearing the launch of our website which is a wholesale marketplace and network, which hosts transactions between Buyers and Sellers. We are deciding between two offers for a period of free...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 10:22
Blank
Doug C
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
Moving customers from free to paid

I've got a subscription service with a free tier. Initially, the free tier was far too generous. We've since significantly lowered what that free tier provides. However, we had grandfathered in...

asked Jul 18 '12 at 06:36
Blank
Marc Hughes
111 points

-2 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
What is the best way to charge subscription costs?

I've developting a SaaS product and would like to charge my users a subscription charge, I'm considering a model with a monthly fee and a annual discount - but now my question is this. How do I...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 20:31
Blank
Martin Kristiansen
102 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.74K Views
Is yearly subscription for a new SaaS a bad idea?

We're working hard on a new SaaS idea. We're bootstrapping as much as we can and are not looking for outside investment. Our goal was start charging for the service on a yearly basis, in our minds...

asked May 2 '12 at 20:05
Blank
Littlejim84
141 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
When a client chooses a lesser subscription in a web app

What happens when a user had a greater subscription plan but chooses to convert to a lesser one? Of course, the features should be locked/limited, but what happens for example in this...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 06:33
Blank
Mihalis Bagos
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
How to deal with the subscriber email address shift from the subscribed email address to a new one?

How to deal with the subscriber email address shift from the subscribed email address to a new one? example : Mr.A subscribed on www.example.com by using [email protected], however, now he tend to...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 17:54
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Would you recommend SubscriptionBridge? And why?

We're looking a a recurring billing and subscription management service. I've narrowed it down to Spreedly and Subscription Bridge. Spreedly is a bit bare bones but pretty easy to use. And they...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 05:02
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Subscription pricing for iPhone app

Are there any examples of selling iPhone apps - other than weekly magazines and the like - using a subscription model instead of a one-time app store purchase?

asked Sep 8 '11 at 03:14
Blank
Kevin Lawrence
277 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.19K Views
How Should I Price My Products or Services

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. For this question and answer, we will tackle the Pricing...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 00:54
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points