Subscriptions Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Subscription billing for a B2B SaaS

I understand I can either go with a combination of: Payment Gateway (ex: Authorize.net) and Subscription management service (Spreedly, Cheddargettar) or go with one solution that provides both...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 01:27
Blank
User3462
345 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Selling cakes online. Is it a viable business and are there regulations against it?

Are there any regulations that I would need to adhere to if I wanted to bake and sell cakes online? I would only be shipping within the United States and offering the product at a premium price...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 22:25
Blank
Pablo Webb
14 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Are there any regulations for monthly subscription boxes that send food items?

There have a myriad of startups lately that provide a monthly subscription which send you a goodies box of curated items. All the items would be packaged items (by a manufacturer). Even though...

asked Jul 24 '14 at 17:41
Blank
Santos Wilkes
9 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
What's a better subscription pricing model: per-user, or multi-user packages?

I'm currently working on a web application that will be used by medical clinics. We're discussing the pricing model we're going to use. We've already decided to go with a monthly subscription...

asked Oct 14 '13 at 23:22
Blank
Jonathan
126 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Saas Startup in India

We are currently in design stage for a SaaS product aiming at Indian market. Our initial (fairly local) market survey suggests that there is a demand for this product. The desktop version of this...

asked Oct 18 '13 at 20:03
Blank
User25018
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Dealing with missed/overdue payments for add-ons

We are building a SaaS product where there will be some plans to subscribe to. In addition to subscribing, the user can also buy some add-ons for more functionality. Since these add-ons do not...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 13:36
Blank
F21
142 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Converting a paid service to a free service

Are there any examples where converting a paid service to a free service caused issues for subscribers? Imagine a startup with a paid service, that is acquired by a large corp who lacks a...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 22:49
Blank
New Alexandria
221 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
How do you charge for consulting services of varied amounts?

We charge a monthly fee for customers to use our service. On the sign-up form the calculation for this fee is done and the cost is shown to the customer. They can then complete the billing info and...

asked May 22 '13 at 23:27
Blank
Sjbotha
116 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Does Monthly Curation Subscription work on Crowdfunding Platform?

Currently, I launched a monthly discovery business; I have yet to find another monthly discovery business started off on crowd-funding. We launched roughly 2 days ago (marketing on Facebook right...

asked Apr 19 '13 at 01:17
Blank
Gary Yau Chan
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Accounting upfront payments in an accrual manner

In a subscription-model context, a customer can be offered to pay for a year in advance in exchange for a rebate. This might be desirable for the business for cash flow reasons. In accrual...

asked Feb 3 '13 at 09:33
Blank
Jonallard
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Billing for addons - how?

We are building an SaaS service that will be billed on a monthly basis. For example, if the user's service starts on 4th December 2012, then we bill them on 4th December 2012 for the month's fees....

asked Dec 5 '12 at 14:24
Blank
F21
142 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
Handling pro-rated upgrade/downgrades

I'll be handing recurring billing with pro-rated upgrades/downgrades. Although upgrade seems simple, but I'm unsure wether to provide a refund incase the remainder amount exceeds the required total...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 18:26
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
New Site ... How do I get New Members?

I remember awhile back watching a video where either David Heinemeier or Kevin Rose started about how crucial it is to start with live data for a new web app. Where's the best place to purchase up...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 20:44
Blank
Dikaio
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
Selecting a Pricing structure-How to offer free membership?

We are nearing the launch of our website which is a wholesale marketplace and network, which hosts transactions between Buyers and Sellers. We are deciding between two offers for a period of free...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 10:22
Blank
Doug C
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
Moving customers from free to paid

I've got a subscription service with a free tier. Initially, the free tier was far too generous. We've since significantly lowered what that free tier provides. However, we had grandfathered in...

asked Jul 18 '12 at 06:36
Blank
Marc Hughes
111 points

-2 Votes
3 Answers
What is the best way to charge subscription costs?

I've developting a SaaS product and would like to charge my users a subscription charge, I'm considering a model with a monthly fee and a annual discount - but now my question is this. How do I...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 20:31
Blank
Martin Kristiansen
102 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
1.1K Views
Is yearly subscription for a new SaaS a bad idea?

We're working hard on a new SaaS idea. We're bootstrapping as much as we can and are not looking for outside investment. Our goal was start charging for the service on a yearly basis, in our minds...

asked May 2 '12 at 20:05
Blank
Littlejim84
141 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
When a client chooses a lesser subscription in a web app

What happens when a user had a greater subscription plan but chooses to convert to a lesser one? Of course, the features should be locked/limited, but what happens for example in this...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 06:33
Blank
Mihalis Bagos
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How to deal with the subscriber email address shift from the subscribed email address to a new one?

How to deal with the subscriber email address shift from the subscribed email address to a new one? example : Mr.A subscribed on www.example.com by using mr.a@yahoo.com, however, now he tend to...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 17:54
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Would you recommend CheddarGetter.com (subscription payment SaaS) and why?

I've narrowed our list of vendors for managing our subscription billing down to Spreedly.com and CheddarGetter.com. I'd love to hear from customers what their experience with...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 08:49
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points