Email Marketing Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3K Views
Should you ask for name when collecting emails addresses on landing pages?

Most landing pages just ask for your email address -- which is likely because the fewer fields, the better the conversion.The problem is addressing your subscribers in the emails you'll send...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 02:14
Blank
Alan Hamilton
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.64K Views
Strategies to "cold email" prospective clients?

I run a small mobile app consulting shop and filling the pipeline has become very hard. Even though the media talks about a shortage of good app developers and a high demand, I'm having a tough...

asked May 19 '14 at 20:26
Blank
Jonathan Pulley
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
Fastest way to build an email list for your niche?

What is the fastest way to build a large email list of potential customers that you can pitch your product to?PS. I don't mean mass emailing people, but contacting them one by one manually and...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Russel Corley
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Email service to do advanced mailings than MailChimp is capable of?

We've been using MailChimp for a long time to send our email newsletters. While it allows for some general segmentation of your list, we need a solution that allows us to trigger emails based on...

asked Apr 14 '14 at 18:57
Blank
Leroy Hardin
7 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How to prevent users from signing up with disposable email addresses? Should I even care?

There is a small percentage of users on my site that signup for the free trial using disposable email addressed like Mailinator, etc. How can I prevent them from doing so? Are there any negative...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 20:35
Blank
Larry Gatto
50 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.66K Views
Appearing in the spam email

We have been contacted by some online magazine with the barter offer: appearing in each others next email campaign(newsletter). Now I have subscribed to their newsletter and the first one I...

asked Apr 10 '13 at 23:08
Blank
Max81
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Is it ever okay to send marketing emails to a list of emails that didn't request them?

Is it ever okay to send emails regarding your start up to a scraped or purchased list? Is this okay in any scenario? For example, if my start up sold software for managing mobile-hairdressing...

asked Feb 17 '13 at 10:00
Blank
Anonymous
557 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Rules and laws on sharing/using customer emails

I'm wondering if there are any specific regulations and laws regarding the use of customer email addresses for companies (more specifically in my case, CA-based corporations). For example, say I...

asked Dec 13 '12 at 20:34
Blank
Glitch
156 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
Examples of email autoresponder strategies?

I'm searching for some examples / case studies / strategies / advice for crafting an email autoresponder series, with the goal of converting newsletter subscribers into customers of my saas...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 07:14
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Contact information towards customers

I own a start up, and me and my staff are adding some slogans onto our twitter graphics (background). We we're thinking of adding my [email protected] instead of generic info@ or contact@...

asked Jun 21 '12 at 17:58
Blank
Patrick Voth
30 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.6K Views
Who should I contact if I want to sell my website to big company?

I am a founder. I'm planning to write a letter/email to sell one of my website to big company, but the question is: Who should I contact? The CEO of company, the product manager or just anyone...

asked Jun 27 '12 at 02:39
Blank
Anlai
375 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Sending an offer/request by e-mail

Are there in the UK any particular regulations regarding sending business offers/requests by e-mail? I was unable to find any, but for example in my home country, Poland a company can send an...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 04:21
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

8 Votes
7 Answers
5.02K Views
Should I send sales emails from [email protected] or [email protected]?

I don't want to appear impersonal, but having a sales specific email address would be useful to let everyone who is doing sales have access to it. What do you do? And how has it worked out for you?

asked Mar 2 '12 at 08:24
Blank
Drew
141 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Are there any 'rules of thumb' regarding email response rates?

I am running a startup and I reached out to an industry publication that I read while I was working for my last employer (for advertising our product with them). I am interested in their email...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 13:11
Blank
Ktr
53 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
3.24K Views
Affordable email marketing for Prelaunch Page

I'm making a prelaunch page for my start-up. I have my page designed, but now I need an affordable or maybe even free way to email all the subscribers who input their email to receive...

asked Jan 29 '12 at 21:42
Blank
User744319
94 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
B2B email marketing spam laws

When sending commercial emails to people you do not know, is there any difference between targeting b2b or b2c. For example, assume I send an email to a contact info of another company (for...

asked Dec 30 '11 at 21:44
Blank
Vondip
584 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
How to deal with the subscriber email address shift from the subscribed email address to a new one?

How to deal with the subscriber email address shift from the subscribed email address to a new one? example : Mr.A subscribed on www.example.com by using [email protected], however, now he tend to...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 17:54
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Email blasting worth it for small group?

I am currently part of a small team of people (<6) who are working on building a mobile application for release on a few of the popular mobile stores. We were deciding on ways of advertising and...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 00:37
Blank
A Sandwhich
121 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.62K Views
How to change my part time business in to a permanent business?

I've had a small, part time email sales business for the last 3 years which shows good potential. I do however have a permanent day job which I can not afford to leave yet but I want to increase my...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 21:58
Blank
Elle
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Elevator pitch by email

I am developing a web application. As part of my marketing attempts, I am trying to send messages to different companies that might have interest in my product. Unfortunately I only have an email...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 18:41
Blank
Vondip
584 points