Sales Questions

Discuss startup sales strategies and what it takes to sell the product that you’ve designed and developed.

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.98K Views
What should I charge for my new software product at launch?

I have a software product I'm launching in August. I'm not sure how to price it. THE PRODUCT is a database utility that does something simple and useful that corporations normally hire software...

asked Jun 2 '20 at 14:36
Blank
Elliot Easton
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
How to deal with competitors who are constantly slashing their prices?

I recently noticed that one of our competitors has been very aggressive in slashing their product prices. Although our costs are relatively low I am not much of a fan in reducing our product prices...

asked Jan 29 '13 at 15:16
Blank
Bernie
23 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.37K Views
Should I offer discount coupons for beta users when turning to paid service

This is bit generic question, however I would appreciate to hear different opinions. I have developed a user based over the last couple of months for my online SAAS business. Now I am going to end...

asked May 10 '12 at 04:21
Blank
Ruvana
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.06K Views
Which CRM for a SAAS company?

We're struggling to find a CRM suitable for ourselves, a SAAS company. When customers sign up for trials, we want to be able to keep a record of their progress with prompts to call or email them...

asked Sep 19 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Igor K
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.19K Views
Business development /Sales strategy for a startup

I am ready with my product ( a marketing/discovery platform for local retailers) . I have started connecting with local retail chain stores - managed to get a few contacts in their marketing...

asked Jul 24 '13 at 23:41
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
4.46K Views
Can one person do both Marketing & Sales/Business-Development jobs?

Context: We are a small 3-developer company that sells Windows desktop software for small businesses on our website. We believe that we need both: "Marketing" - i.e. one-to-many interactions,...

asked Mar 5 '10 at 04:00
Blank
Polemarch
301 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.2K Views
What if your customers ask how much your software costs you to make?

We have built a white-label forum software that we license to B2B customers for internal use. One question that sometimes comes up during the sales cycle is: "How much does it cost you to...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:12
Blank
Melvin Burdette
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
How to price ads and sponsor packages?

I am planning to launch a business that includes having selling machines at several areas in the city. I could identify the fixed and variable costs of the business. I am intending to allow...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Moustafa Ezzat
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.3K Views
How much is the average sales commission in B2B SaaS sales?

I'm currently running a SaaS and I'm starting to look around to hire the first sales rep / sales agent, so the last few days I've read a lot about creating a sales plan, commissions, base...

asked Jul 20 '14 at 22:46
Blank
James
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.69K Views
Excellent user feedback but sales still low, what am I doing wrong?

I developed a desktop application for Windows and I'm now trying to sell it.http://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnapUser feedback are excellent, I receive encouraging emails from user saying...

asked Dec 17 '14 at 10:27
Blank
User34203
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.27K Views
How to do effective marketing of a software design and development company to win more clients/projects?

We are a small software design and development company with expertise in the areas on facebook apps, iphone, android apps development. Most of our clients/projects have come from sites like Elance,...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.58K Views
bootstrapped startup needs to be creative about "enaging" with out of house expertise

Fanciful title really translates in simple English as this: We are (read I am ) a bootstrapped, cash strapped startup and I need to employ the services of outsite experts but want to a). minimise...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 21:09
Blank
Voidstar
55 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
How a company that uses a website like groupon calculates the minimum items they need to sell?

I have the intention of giving a try at one of those group buy like businesses that you can get prepared for you and start selling in your neighborhood or village. I understand, how the hold idea...

asked May 13 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Entire sales process when selling to enterprise clients?

What does a full sales cycle look like when selling a SaaS solution to enterprise clients?Here is what I think is how it works: Try to find a decision maker at the company. Try to contact that...

asked May 22 '14 at 18:28
Blank
Sheryl Chung
4 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.64K Views
Strategies to "cold email" prospective clients?

I run a small mobile app consulting shop and filling the pipeline has become very hard. Even though the media talks about a shortage of good app developers and a high demand, I'm having a tough...

asked May 19 '14 at 20:26
Blank
Jonathan Pulley
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.36K Views
How to monetize a low budget film?

Apart from ticket sales, what are all the possible ways one could monetize a low budget film / documentary? Options for indie film-makers are limited because there isn't a large production house...

asked May 13 '14 at 20:43
Blank
Armando Ridinger
2 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
Whats your opinion on using freelancing sites over other lead generation techniques

We are an outsourced software product development company from India, quite recently started. We started using freelancing sites for finding prospects as it was the easiest way to get started till...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 02:59
Blank
Ameya Phadke
56 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
Fastest way to build an email list for your niche?

What is the fastest way to build a large email list of potential customers that you can pitch your product to?PS. I don't mean mass emailing people, but contacting them one by one manually and...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Russel Corley
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Should you have a cap on sales commissions?

I have a small sales team that gets a commission for each new client they sign on for a B2B SaaS app.Should I cap their commissions at some point? What are some strategies on how to structure sales...

asked Apr 18 '14 at 21:40
Blank
Patricia Brock
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Sales people: How do you overcome the feeling of potentially wasting leads?

It's easier for other professions, like programming, where you have unlimited chances. If your code isn't right, you can correct it. With sales, that isn't the case.In sales you only get one try...

asked Apr 14 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Benito Smith
7 points