Sales Questions

Discuss startup sales strategies and what it takes to sell the product that you’ve designed and developed.

0 Votes
0 Answers
Outside Sales: Should I pay his monthly parking in NYC

My office is around 30 miles outside of NYC in NJ. I have a handful of Sales reps that I assigned with designated geographical territories. We provide them with company vehicels and (quote from...

asked Mar 28 '18 at 02:17
Blank
Herbert
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
How to deal with competitors who are constantly slashing their prices?

I recently noticed that one of our competitors has been very aggressive in slashing their product prices. Although our costs are relatively low I am not much of a fan in reducing our product prices...

asked Jan 29 '13 at 15:16
Blank
Bernie
23 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.35K Views
What do you call the revenue enabled by another product?

Let's say you offer product A and B. The customer is purchasing 100 x product A, but only 10 x product B. Your competitors offer product A, but not product B. So, you made the sale of 110 items...

asked Feb 22 '17 at 17:21
Blank
Reza Soltani
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.19K Views
Should I offer discount coupons for beta users when turning to paid service

This is bit generic question, however I would appreciate to hear different opinions. I have developed a user based over the last couple of months for my online SAAS business. Now I am going to end...

asked May 10 '12 at 04:21
Blank
Ruvana
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Which CRM for a SAAS company?

We're struggling to find a CRM suitable for ourselves, a SAAS company. When customers sign up for trials, we want to be able to keep a record of their progress with prompts to call or email them...

asked Sep 19 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Igor K
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.16K Views
Business development /Sales strategy for a startup

I am ready with my product ( a marketing/discovery platform for local retailers) . I have started connecting with local retail chain stores - managed to get a few contacts in their marketing...

asked Jul 24 '13 at 23:41
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
1.98K Views
Can one person do both Marketing & Sales/Business-Development jobs?

Context: We are a small 3-developer company that sells Windows desktop software for small businesses on our website. We believe that we need both: "Marketing" - i.e. one-to-many interactions,...

asked Mar 5 '10 at 04:00
Blank
Polemarch
301 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.33K Views
Hiring sales people on just commission for a B2B SaaS product?

Is it possible to hire sales people for a B2B SaaS company that work solely on commissions? If we were to offer them 50% of sales (which is a gigantic amount considering most companies offer 2% to...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 15:13
Blank
Joseph Key
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.15K Views
What if your customers ask how much your software costs you to make?

We have built a white-label forum software that we license to B2B customers for internal use. One question that sometimes comes up during the sales cycle is: "How much does it cost you to...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:12
Blank
Melvin Burdette
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Allocating capital resources after an angel round: product development or marketing?

We are going to close a $200K seed round later this month. How should a startup allocate this early round of financing. Should you spend more on product development or marketing the MVP?

asked Jul 7 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Robert Futral
2 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How to price ads and sponsor packages?

I am planning to launch a business that includes having selling machines at several areas in the city. I could identify the fixed and variable costs of the business. I am intending to allow...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Moustafa Ezzat
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
How much is the average sales commission in B2B SaaS sales?

I'm currently running a SaaS and I'm starting to look around to hire the first sales rep / sales agent, so the last few days I've read a lot about creating a sales plan, commissions, base...

asked Jul 20 '14 at 22:46
Blank
James
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Excellent user feedback but sales still low, what am I doing wrong?

I developed a desktop application for Windows and I'm now trying to sell it.http://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnapUser feedback are excellent, I receive encouraging emails from user saying...

asked Dec 17 '14 at 10:27
Blank
User34203
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
How to do effective marketing of a software design and development company to win more clients/projects?

We are a small software design and development company with expertise in the areas on facebook apps, iphone, android apps development. Most of our clients/projects have come from sites like Elance,...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.3K Views
bootstrapped startup needs to be creative about "enaging" with out of house expertise

Fanciful title really translates in simple English as this: We are (read I am ) a bootstrapped, cash strapped startup and I need to employ the services of outsite experts but want to a). minimise...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 21:09
Blank
Voidstar
55 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
How a company that uses a website like groupon calculates the minimum items they need to sell?

I have the intention of giving a try at one of those group buy like businesses that you can get prepared for you and start selling in your neighborhood or village. I understand, how the hold idea...

asked May 13 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Entire sales process when selling to enterprise clients?

What does a full sales cycle look like when selling a SaaS solution to enterprise clients?Here is what I think is how it works: Try to find a decision maker at the company. Try to contact that...

asked May 22 '14 at 18:28
Blank
Sheryl Chung
4 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Strategies to "cold email" prospective clients?

I run a small mobile app consulting shop and filling the pipeline has become very hard. Even though the media talks about a shortage of good app developers and a high demand, I'm having a tough...

asked May 19 '14 at 20:26
Blank
Jonathan Pulley
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
How to monetize a low budget film?

Apart from ticket sales, what are all the possible ways one could monetize a low budget film / documentary? Options for indie film-makers are limited because there isn't a large production house...

asked May 13 '14 at 20:43
Blank
Armando Ridinger
2 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Differences in B2B and B2C sales?

Up until now, I've also launched products that are B2C. A gaming reviews site that also sold consoles and an e-commerce that drop shipping consumer electronics.I'm starting my first venture in the...

asked May 5 '14 at 13:40
Blank
Willie Homan
7 points