Sales Questions

Discuss startup sales strategies and what it takes to sell the product that you’ve designed and developed.

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Which is the right way Technology Consulting or Technology Centric Consulting

I am a regular reader of this forum and am trying to clear my doubts before I actually dive in the real sea. I am a hardcore developer working in a specific stream, web2.0. precisely on Rich...

asked Aug 14 '12 at 20:56
Blank
Dhananjay
33 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
CRM 'expected revenue' and subscription based services

Many CRM applications include sales pipeline tracking and sales workflow. Generally, when a new opportunity is created, one has to somehow enter the 'expected revenue' for the deal. This is easy...

asked Jul 26 '12 at 01:37
Blank
Tim Long
108 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.96K Views
Selling original cartoon artwork online

What is the best way to take original cartoon characters that my offspring have drawn and sell them online either for the character themselves, or on merchandise as in T-shirts, hats etc.

asked Jul 31 '12 at 09:46
Blank
Amanda
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
8.89K Views
Does a visible sales tracking board have a positive effect on the sales team?

We are considering tracking sales in our business and within the company publicly displaying the performance of the team and each member. What are good ways to implement this and is such a...

asked Aug 4 '12 at 22:47
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.43K Views
Consulting while working

I kinda have a dilemma! My partner and I, who are coworkers, came up with the idea to start our own consulting firm. Our firm will target our present clients. We are Medicaid consultants in a...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 11:45
Blank
Girl Trying To Market
21 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
4.02K Views
How to approach SEO for a new website?

We have just launched (yesterday actually!) a website for our startup - providing mobile and Facebook app development services. Sales will totally drive from leads generated from the website....

asked Jul 21 '12 at 17:21
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Selling Software: How Short Can My Sales Form Be? People Are Lazy!

Ok, I want to sell software online. To boost conversion rates I want a really short and sweet sales form, because people hate long forms. So, what are the minimum things I should ask for. I guess...

asked Jul 23 '12 at 18:54
Blank
Mashup
15 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Where to advertise for such a very targeted market?

My company makes and sells computers for Autodesk software, so Structural Engineers, 3D designers etc. Where would be best to advertise? We have an adwords campaign running, but we are only...

asked Jun 26 '12 at 21:15
Blank
Adam
133 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
2.45K Views
How to answer questions about estimates?

I have startup company and we have SaaS application which we sell as subscription. There is a lot of competition(which is good) and often first question I get from prospectives is "How...

asked Jun 28 '12 at 05:41
Blank
Katit
276 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Employees working for other companies?

Our company is a small, Eastern European outsourcing firm, focusing on PHP, .NET, and mobile development projects). As our company is trying to get off the ground, and since we don't have much...

asked May 27 '12 at 18:51
Blank
Davey Boy
55 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
When to give up on a product?

I'm getting ahead of myself here because my product hasn't launched yet, but I thought about this and would appreciate the thoughts of this community: Imagine this: You're launching a great app...

asked May 30 '12 at 14:56
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
Business Plan Timeline with regards to Start Date / Launch Date

I'm pretty sure I know whats the answer, would like another opinion. I am using generic time values in my business plan (M1, Y1). I want to know the proper way of displaying my sales forecast....

asked May 30 '12 at 23:55
Blank
Chieftec
10 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.63K Views
Inventory management

we have a simple spare parts selling business online. At present We store and search parts from stores manually. Which is becoming hard day by day as inventory is growing. The solution I thought is...

asked May 9 '12 at 19:43
Blank
Eagleye
108 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.85K Views
How can I improve my enterprise sales?

I have a SaaS product that helps certain type of companies improve their sales leads. My target audience is VP or Director of Sales - anybody within the company whose job is to increase sales. So...

asked May 11 '12 at 02:28
Blank
Salmon
970 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.45K Views
Founder is responsible for sales and wants incentives in addition to our equal compensation

My partner is the founder and I am the co-founder of our company. He has a sales background and I have operations. We agreed for him to have more equity (50/30) as the company/products were his...

asked May 13 '12 at 04:45
Blank
Alex
31 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
How to estimate future App Store sales?

Before launching an app in Apple's iPhone App Store, it would be useful to have at least a vague idea of the sales potential. But how on earth am I going to estimate this? As an example, let's...

asked May 13 '12 at 20:14
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.96K Views
Hire a sales guy for a part-time start-up?

Background: I'm a tech guy with alot of product building experience I've built and recently launched a SaaS/cloud application for a niche market, targeting small-size companies The product...

asked May 23 '12 at 11:39
Blank
Cloud Mark
125 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
Profit Share with Customers

Has anyone here ever tried giving a share of company profits to regular clients? We are thinking of allocating about 30% of after tax profits to a pool in which our regular customers share. The...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 18:05
Blank
Jacques
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.31K Views
Can I sell an open source project to my client?

i have one open source project, i want to sell this to my client by making some modification in the existing project. Is it good to sell or is it permissible to sell the open source project to...

asked Apr 19 '12 at 14:33
Blank
Sam
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Charging U.S. sales taxes on product purchased online and sold from foreign location

We are building an online application that will allow users to create and purchase high-quality typographic logos and business cards. The application is taking a while to develop so we've decided...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 21:41
Blank
Miguel Buckenmeyer
482 points