Launch Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.48K Views
Pre-launch pages: what should you have on them?

What makes some pre-launch sites great? There is a lot of talk about beginning to market your site well before launch. How does one do that on a "coming soon" page?Most of the pages I've seen just...

asked Jun 10 '14 at 12:44
Blank
Michael Strunk
19 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.77K Views
Best way to roll out major changes to a site?

We've been working on a new version of Bright Journey for a long time now and it's finally coming to fruition (putting the final touches).There are some changes that might initially disorient...

asked Jul 24 '15 at 06:41
Blank
Nishank Khanna
4,265 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.03K Views
What is the low hanging fruit in driving traffic to a new website?

We are a few weeks away from launching our web app and getting marketing strategy in order.What are the "low hanging fruit" ways to drive traffic to a new website which isn't known or have any...

asked Jul 26 '14 at 02:12
Blank
Fabiola Phillips
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
Are startup directories like Product Hunt worth the effort to drive initial traffic?

There are a ton of "startup directories" like Product Hunt that list new startups and apps.Is it worth the time to add your new startup to all these sites? Due to the large numbers of companies...

asked Aug 25 '14 at 14:57
Blank
Geoffrey Ford
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.03K Views
Can a single person design, build, and scale a website on their own without any employees?

I have been looking for a co-founder for several months and haven't found anyone I click with. Rather than going to meetups and networking events to try and find one, I've decided to just learn how...

asked May 14 '15 at 12:59
Blank
Paul Rodriguez
19 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
Post launch: when should we pivot or call it quits if our startup isn't getting many users?

It always happens when I launch new apps. A month or two into marketing it, there is very little growth or paid customers. Which leads to me losing interest or getting pessimistic about the app...

asked May 22 '15 at 11:43
Blank
Robert Miller
14 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
6.02K Views
How do classified ad sites get their initial content?

I've seen "new" classified ad sites have a bunch of listings when they launch. It looks like lots of ads has been posted already although the website was just launched.Same is true with dating...

asked Jun 2 '15 at 05:13
Blank
Michelle
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.35K Views
Are there any startup related classes / seminars in Boston?

I'm moving to the Boston area for a job and have to venture into building my business on the side. Since this will be a first for me, I would love to learn from the startup experts. Are there any...

asked Jun 29 '15 at 09:58
Blank
Alvaro Perkins
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
How to get beta testers for new product?

What are some ways to get beta testers that are in your target demographic to try out my app?Friends and family are ruled out since they don't fit my target audience.

asked Mar 5 '14 at 08:29
Blank
Curtis Crespo
45 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
5.44K Views
How do you solve the "chicken and egg" problem?

There are two variants of the chicken-and-egg problem: When there are two distinct classes of participants in your business, e.g. buyers and sellers, but it is hard to attract one class without...

asked Mar 18 '10 at 14:51
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
complexity of project prevents me to launch "never done coding loop"

* I feel like im heading to a never done coding and never going to release my webapplication for several reasons. For the last year I have been using this project to learn a new programming...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 07:13
Blank
Rubytastic
139 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How do I get people to register on my new social network website?

We have had a social network website built and after some beta testing with friends and family we are now looking to get more users to register on the site. The site is aimed at posting good news...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 18:21
Blank
Rocky O'leary
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Need suggestion on launching/executing an ad network

We are about to launch an interstitial ad network for our country. Our startup is similar to companies like adfly and linkbuck. We need suggestions on how to properly launch our company. We are a...

asked Jun 6 '13 at 22:20
Blank
Nedy
109 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.91K Views
Should I launch Beta product now?

I am 50% done with my startup and I am appying to Techcrunch Disrupt at San Fran this Sept: http://techcrunch.com/events/disrupt-sf-2013/event-info/ They said that they will prefer companies who...

asked May 24 '13 at 00:06
Blank
Coder
28 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Domain name confusion

Intended name for my startup seems to be free to use. A search in global/eu/us trademark databases all returned no entity with the same name. TLDs with my domain are either free or offered for...

asked May 9 '13 at 05:15
Blank
Eneyee
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Initial Result of Customer Development

Hope all is well. I just conducted a round of feedback interviews with 20 people(mostly students) about my startup. The results are 50% saying its a great idea and other 50% think its not worth it....

asked Feb 21 '13 at 02:43
Blank
Trana
24 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.94K Views
When is the optimum time to launch a landing page?

I've seen a gap in a niche for a SaaS product that I know that there will be a demand for. I'm currently working on developing my MVP to launch as soon as possible and am wondering when the best...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 22:20
Blank
Anonymous
557 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
What defines a good product launch?

I have a product that I am ready to launch. What are the absolute critical processes to go through to launch the product properly? What events should definitely happen? E.g. online launch, website,...

asked Jan 22 '13 at 02:31
Blank
Andrew Welch
167 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
Explain product by example?

Is it a good idea to describe the features of a product/service by making fictional scenarious how to use this product? I know the best aproach would be to present at first the problem and show...

asked Oct 21 '12 at 18:39
Blank
Ovonel
33 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.75K Views
1-man show, coder/marketing/everything else... 10 months in the making, too long?

As a 1-man show I've been building a social startup for the last 10 months. A lot of the time on development has been spent learning a new programming language (Ruby on Rails) and also all the...

asked Sep 29 '12 at 22:54
Blank
Rubytastic
139 points