Beta Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.14K Views
Get feedback or improve product before contacting people who have shown interest?

I've built an MVP and have about 35 beta sign ups. It's not much but my landing page conversion rate is fairly high so far, so that's a good sign. I've sent out about 10 invitations to sign up....

asked Aug 26 '14 at 14:44
Blank
Mnort9
201 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
4.81K Views
Should a beta version be free, or come at a premium?

My natural inclination for pre-release software is that it should be free. You're trying to get people to try it out, knowing that the product is incomplete and potentially more buggy than you'd...

asked Feb 24 '14 at 23:15
Blank
rbwhitaker
3,465 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.91K Views
How to define your target market on a broad service?

One of the main reasons I've joined is to learn how I can best push a open-source product I've worked on with the occasional help of others over the years. Approach is most capable as a SaaS...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 20:48
Blank
Garet Claborn
324 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
2.79K Views
How to get initial beta users?

We're building an awesome platform and we need to get beta users. I'm offering exclusive invites on craigslist, stumbleupon, and a few forums and it's not getting me much. We're just trying to...

asked Jan 17 '13 at 07:19
Blank
Anthony B
41 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views

I have been working on a startup for some time now, and a couple of weeks ago we came up with an idea for a pivot (the original startup isn't getting the traction we were expecting). To avoid the...

asked Jan 23 '13 at 10:52
Blank
Willvv
138 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
8.92K Views
For alpha/beta testing, should I charge users or pay users?

I'm creating a mobile app for small business wholesalers and the alpha will be finished soon. I have done some face-to-face market research by visiting trade shows they exhibit in and showing...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 01:49
Blank
Sguptaet
242 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
14K Views
What to ask on a beta testing survey?

I am nearly done with the development of a medium scale website and I want to do a bit of beta testing on the actual site. I am looking for some useful but somewhat generic questions that I should...

asked Nov 1 '12 at 06:54
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
After private beta, when would a SaaS startup need a public beta before public launch?

We currently running an early adopter with about 30 users getting ready for a private beta of our SaaS collaboration/project management tool for Agile software development team. Lean Startup camp...

asked Sep 3 '12 at 20:45
Blank
Kulawat The Eidos
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Is it wise to incorporate after beta?

We're two Italian developers, and we're about to release a software technology in open beta. However, we're not incorporated as this is a long-term side project of ours and we're both employed...

asked Jul 5 '12 at 19:03
Blank
Tunnuz
101 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
When to move from private into public beta?

I'm having an app in private beta for some months now. When should I move it into public beta?

asked Jun 10 '12 at 00:33
Blank
Thomas
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.48K Views
It's ok to launch a software product when Beta testing is not fully finished?

I'm having trouble finishing the Beta testing period of my software product. In particular it hangs/crashes in some laptops with low to moderate memory and speed capabilities. This problem is hard...

asked Apr 15 '12 at 16:04
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Beta testing free of charge?

Possible Duplicate: Advice on getting early Beta testers I am a representative for Movieggs, a Swedish IT start-up, looking for beta testers. As we are self-funded we do not have the financial...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 18:12
Blank
Joakim Hedvall
4 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.38K Views
How do I gather people to beta test my productivity tool?

Possible Duplicate: Beta Testers: What is the best way to find good beta testers? I'm designing and developing a little project overview application. I'd like some people to test it, but so far...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 02:31
Blank
Kslstn
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Launching as free beta, then eventually making some features premium-only

For the launch, we're thinking of including all the eventual premium features at no cost, referring to the launch as a public beta. Eventually, once traffic picks up, we would put up a notice...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 06:00
Blank
Mirov
384 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.43K Views
Promoting landing page to get signups

OK, now I have my landing page with a signup form ready. Now how do I promote it to get early adopters? Should I: Pay a content farm to put backlinks to the page Pay adwords to get traffic Find a...

asked Nov 26 '11 at 05:41
Blank
Adib
293 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Involving Beta Testers / Clients - When?

Working with a business guy to develop an application. I'm looking to have it complete say March-April, 2012. At what point do you involve beta testers -- a day before the expected launch? How does...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 00:53
Blank
Meow
56 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Transition of a mobile app from free to freemium

I'm about to release a mobile app I wrote. Since the first version is somewhat bare-bones (aka a MVP), I'm making it free. However, in the future I want to use the freemium model. Do you think it's...

asked Oct 26 '11 at 13:41
Blank
Black Rider
297 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Freemium business model in beta (would this work?)

I am starting an online b2b networking portal. It is somewhat comparable to linkedin in a sense that most of the content is user generated, meaning more users it has more attractive service...

asked Oct 14 '11 at 22:56
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Using mock data until real users show up

I just beta launched my website and right now there is only one user signed up for my service (it's only been a day and I'm not marketing it yet). It is highly data driven so without much context,...

asked Oct 20 '11 at 01:11
Blank
Jared
31 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.41K Views
Startup "Press Release" months before alpha/beta product available

So I am currently developing a web project with is SaaS, I'm committed to the project, but in order to judge the market while I work on it I was considering doing a some blogs post about the...

asked Oct 22 '11 at 10:04
Blank
E Wizard Ii
150 points