Landing Page Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Intro video vs just having an illustration with text?

Which is better for explaining your product on the homepage? There is a trend of having videos above the fold on the homepage that explains your startup.Maybe I'm biased by my own usage patterns,...

asked Jun 11 '14 at 18:40
Blank
Timothy Lund
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3K Views
Should you ask for name when collecting emails addresses on landing pages?

Most landing pages just ask for your email address -- which is likely because the fewer fields, the better the conversion.The problem is addressing your subscribers in the emails you'll send...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 02:14
Blank
Alan Hamilton
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
How to optimize your squeeze landing pages?

What are some tips for making high converting squeeze pages (where you only have an email signup and nothing else)? Do you have any examples of great squeeze pages or would like to show off ones...

asked Jun 24 '14 at 15:27
Blank
George Salter
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Should you make an intro video for your startup even though most visitors don't usually see it?

Is it worth spending money making a video explaining your startup on your homepage? Most startups have a short 1 minute video on their homepage that explains what their business does. Yet only a...

asked May 9 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Thomas Colgan
2 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.93K Views
How to validate an app idea using landing page?

I have an app idea that I believe has a real potential. Since I am going to bootstrap it, I want to only invest in development + marketing after idea validation. Following is my plan for...

asked Aug 17 '13 at 16:53
Blank
Ali
179 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.94K Views
When is the optimum time to launch a landing page?

I've seen a gap in a niche for a SaaS product that I know that there will be a demand for. I'm currently working on developing my MVP to launch as soon as possible and am wondering when the best...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 22:20
Blank
Anonymous
557 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views

I have been working on a startup for some time now, and a couple of weeks ago we came up with an idea for a pivot (the original startup isn't getting the traction we were expecting). To avoid the...

asked Jan 23 '13 at 10:52
Blank
Willvv
138 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.16K Views
Lean Startup Landing Page Test: How do I measure success?

I've set up a landing page for a startup idea as per the instructions here. In other words I have already done the following: I've set up a basic landing page quickly explaining my idea I've...

asked Nov 12 '12 at 00:56
Blank
Nick Budden
129 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
What legal considerations must be taken before launching a stealth landing page?

Not sure if this is a silly question but wanted to make sure I dot my i's. Are there any particular legal aspects that need to be considered or finalized before launching the stealth (sign-up)...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 10:22
Blank
Anand Patel
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
What's the best way of validating your idea with AdWords?

I have an idea that I want to try and validate via a landing page and Google adwords. The plan is to try and get 100 visitors a day for a few weeks and measure conversions. Pretty standard...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 11:46
Blank
James
139 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.02K Views
What is the right way to test an idea using a landing page?

I know there is a method to test your product idea using a landing page that describes your product, and asks for the user to enter his email if he would like to register for the beta. Then there...

asked Apr 2 '12 at 04:55
Blank
Meir
238 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
3.24K Views
Affordable email marketing for Prelaunch Page

I'm making a prelaunch page for my start-up. I have my page designed, but now I need an affordable or maybe even free way to email all the subscribers who input their email to receive...

asked Jan 29 '12 at 21:42
Blank
User744319
94 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Which metrics are more appropriate for landing page?

right know I have an idea that would like to test out and would like to know which metrics are regularly used to understand why people are signing in or not. So far I have just Google Analytics,...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 13:25
Blank
Pdjota
532 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.98K Views
When should I start worrying about the number of signups I have on my landing page?

I just launched my landing page a few days ago,and I'm already fearful that I won't succeed, which may be unrealistic considering how early I am in the process. I've started working through The...

asked Dec 17 '11 at 22:16
Blank
Levi Campbell
118 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.43K Views
Promoting landing page to get signups

OK, now I have my landing page with a signup form ready. Now how do I promote it to get early adopters? Should I: Pay a content farm to put backlinks to the page Pay adwords to get traffic Find a...

asked Nov 26 '11 at 05:41
Blank
Adib
293 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.42K Views
Should I show pricing on a test landing page?

I put up a test landing page for a SAAS product/service that I think has potential. My goal is to test the market to see if there is enough interest to justify building out the...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 23:07
Blank
Bc Web
16 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.98K Views
Good examples of sales page for validating an idea before realization?

I often read the suggestion to validate a business idea doing a marketing campaign (Adwords, Facebook...) and leading to a "sales" page for a product that doesn't exist yet and check if there...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 22:36
Blank
Danmaz74
381 points