Pricing Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.37K Views
Should I offer discount coupons for beta users when turning to paid service

This is bit generic question, however I would appreciate to hear different opinions. I have developed a user based over the last couple of months for my online SAAS business. Now I am going to end...

asked May 10 '12 at 04:21
Blank
Ruvana
6 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
4.04K Views
Offering bulk discounts on SaaS user subscription fees

Please note that I am specifically referring to SaaS providers that have adopted the traditional pricing model of charging per user per month, and have at some point considered offering pricing...

asked Apr 16 '12 at 19:37
Blank
Kosta Kontos
216 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.88K Views
SaaS and volume discount

How is the typical way to present volume discount to SaaS offering for large accounts ? If the standard prices are for example $50/seat/month. Should we define an extra segment starting with a...

asked Jan 6 '15 at 14:52
Blank
Mac
6 points

4 Votes
8 Answers
8.04K Views
Software Outsourcing Price Comparison

Does someone know where to find any information about price comparison for Software Outsourcing across different countries?

asked Dec 31 '09 at 08:26
Blank
Oyushche
36 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.94K Views
How to decide whether smartphone app should be free with ads or paid ($0.99) without ads?

Is there any data (such as from app downloads or consumer surveys) that would help a developer decide whether people (consumers) will be more likely to use (download/install) a smartphone app (iOS...

asked Feb 15 '13 at 18:24
Blank
User25036
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.06K Views
My product is better than the competitor and I can afford to lower the price. Should I ask for a higher price or sell cheaper?

I have a product that costs less than the competitors' to manufacture, so I know that I can afford to ask for a lower amount of money, but I know that my product is better. Should I then ask my...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 18:55
Blank
Robert Kotula
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
How to price ads and sponsor packages?

I am planning to launch a business that includes having selling machines at several areas in the city. I could identify the fixed and variable costs of the business. I am intending to allow...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Moustafa Ezzat
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.42K Views
SaaS pricing: many smaller customers paying $x or a few customers paying $x,xxx? Which is better?

We are in a unique SaaS segment which has few competitors. In terms of pricing our plans, is it better to charge a premium (and get fewer customers) or price them low and potentially get a large...

asked May 1 '15 at 12:29
Blank
Bruce Wigington
12 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Strategies for pricing tables? What are some of your pricing hacks?

Creating a pricing table for my product. What are some of your favorite pricing hacks you've learnt from experience and tests?

asked Feb 28 '14 at 17:07
Blank
Robert Collins
160 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.79K Views
MVP SaaS application: should I send out an email campaign to prospective users half way through development?

I have a SaaS application I have made a 6 months ago. A month ago, I decided to shut it off and upgrade it. I have shut the SaaS down so that I may do another launch as the first version was very...

asked May 21 '14 at 16:50
Blank
Jo K
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
12.5K Views
How much equity should I give up to the app developers?

I am in the process of designing a mobile app and i'm at the stage where I need to finalise the cost with the developers. They have sent me a quote which I believe to be quite high, however they...

asked Mar 11 '13 at 09:56
Blank
Jack
8 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.78K Views
How to prevent pricing strategy from cannibalization higher-end products?

Lets say my higher end product is like the iPhone 5S and retails for $500. And starting a lower end product like the iPhone 5C.Should I be concerned that pricing the lower end product will...

asked Feb 27 '14 at 23:33
Blank
Charles Williams
15 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
4.81K Views
Should a beta version be free, or come at a premium?

My natural inclination for pre-release software is that it should be free. You're trying to get people to try it out, knowing that the product is incomplete and potentially more buggy than you'd...

asked Feb 24 '14 at 23:15
Blank
rbwhitaker
3,465 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
How to figure out pricing structure for SaaS product?

What are some ways to workout how much to charge people?How many packages are usually optimal?Should you show prices upfront for all packages or have people fill out a short form to call /email...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 17:07
Blank
James Rumph
20 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
Does price of a product determine the desirability of said product?

I recently started my own business, an electronic cigarette company. Right out of the gates I offered extremely competitive pricing, sometimes 50% cheaper than direct competition. For example: one...

asked Dec 11 '13 at 08:08
Blank
Riista
106 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Beta Crowdfunding

We are launching our startup, and would like to crowdfund a beta. Since the service already exists, the users would donate, and get their accounts first before everyone else can sign up - with...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 01:18
Blank
Erik Aigner
116 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Pricing strategy dilemma for SAAS marketplace web app

We are stuck on which is the most appropriate pricing strategy for our Saas marketplace web application. We have consumers who post details of their problem x and service providers y who propose...

asked Nov 6 '13 at 09:32
Blank
Chuck
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Determining the number of sales at a given price point

I wish to develop a few jquery plugins and sell them on a site like http://codecanyon.net. My question is, before developing a plugin, are there at least some guidelines as to estimating the...

asked Oct 14 '13 at 01:59
Blank
Victor
137 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.77K Views
What's a better subscription pricing model: per-user, or multi-user packages?

I'm currently working on a web application that will be used by medical clinics. We're discussing the pricing model we're going to use. We've already decided to go with a monthly subscription...

asked Oct 14 '13 at 23:22
Blank
Jonathan
126 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
what costs to factor and how much to charge monthly

what costs do I need to consider and factor into my total cost when determining how much to charge for a subscription service? I am developing a web based application with various subscription...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 11:58
Blank
Mike Mc Mahon
103 points