Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

4 Votes
5 Answers
5.2K Views
How did stackoverflow become a success when most of its predecessors/clones are not?

There are hundreds of stackoverflow clones, but none as successful as the original. What is the secret behind the huge success it has got? Is it the initial pool of developers who answered the...

asked Jun 13 '11 at 22:01
Blank
Aib
126 points

43 Votes
3 Answers
17.7K Views
Are there any blogs or websites introducing new websites?

I want to know is there any blogs or websites introducing some of new websites? New start-up websites are always looking for report and introduction by other famous websites. As we know,...

asked Oct 24 '11 at 06:30
Blank
Anlai
375 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.29K Views
Being scammed by someone who has been doing this for 10+ years.

After problems began I did some research about the company's owner and have discovered multiple bankruptcies beginning 10+ years ago after scamming others doing the same thing (taking money and not...

asked May 23 '18 at 15:32
Blank
Philip Gales
1 point

2 Votes
4 Answers
6.46K Views
Websites for helping choose a company name?

I found this very cool site that I thought I'd share with the community (I'm not affiliated with them)! http://www.panabee.com/ It helps you word play and create fun domain names... but it hasn't...

asked May 3 '11 at 09:18
Blank
Agile Scout
113 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
5.63K Views
Anyone know of any live chat solutions that integrate w/ Google Talk or other IM platforms?

My site currently uses Volusion live chat but honestly, it sucks, since I need to run the tool and sit in front of it all day long. I'd like something more mobile where I can respond to chat...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 10:45
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
10.8K Views
Design template for a SaaS website

Where can I purchase a professional looking, Web 2.0 styled template for a subscription service website. I'd need the PSD, the HTML, images and the styles.

asked Dec 6 '10 at 03:32
Blank
Nick H
120 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.19K Views
Business development /Sales strategy for a startup

I am ready with my product ( a marketing/discovery platform for local retailers) . I have started connecting with local retail chain stores - managed to get a few contacts in their marketing...

asked Jul 24 '13 at 23:41
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
17.1K Views
How much do publishers typically pay to run Google DFP (DoubleClick)?

I'm investigating ad serving software. Google has a product, acquired from DoubleClick, called DFP. They've divided it up into a free "small business" version (too small for me) and a premium DFP...

asked May 20 '10 at 01:25
Blank
Joel Spolsky
13,482 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
14.3K Views
kickstarter alternatives for non US startups?

I've recently been looking into getting funding for my startup (we're building a web-based social platform). I've looked into www.kickstarter.com and it looks pretty cool however it is only open to...

asked May 20 '11 at 22:04
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.76K Views
Trying to create a passive income. Should I create a web app or a mobile app?

I am looking to create a passive income stream. I have the skills to create both web and mobile apps. But I have been reading that making money from mobile apps is really hard and most iOS apps...

asked Aug 6 '14 at 13:57
Blank
Dale Slocum
2 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.19K Views
How to get freelancers to work on your website?

Releasing a website soon to connect ordinary people, students, business men with teachers and professionals, how do I recruit the teachers and professionals?

asked Jun 22 '15 at 02:46
Blank
C Wakeboard
11 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
3.74K Views
How to start a web development/design business without appearing too "corporate"?

These days, I've noticed that a lot of the one man (woman) shops all try to appear larger than life, i.e. go for a corporate look. I find that given how Social Media has progressed, this isn't a...

asked Jan 7 '12 at 13:18
Blank
Ray
215 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.06K Views
Will consumers expect a SSL secured site as a default standard, even if your site doesn't do financial transactions?

More and more startups seem to be using SSL sites as the default (even for their logged out states). Is this a trend to provide better privacy for consumers that has become the norm?SSL definitely...

asked May 5 '14 at 13:21
Blank
Karen Russ
7 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
5.28K Views
Web startup - possible legal issues with crawling content from other sites

We are building a website which will aggregate listings from various other websites. I would build my website to add extra search filters and other useful tools around this content that the other...

asked Mar 15 '13 at 17:05
Blank
Arahant
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.18K Views
Free tools for managing employees and hours

I am creating a service (PC maintenance) business and I need a tool for keeping track of which employees are available at what times. This data needs to be exported or otherwise accessible by a web...

asked Dec 1 '13 at 07:25
Blank
Joachim
6 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.69K Views
How do you get more users to your website?

I started a website about a month ago just as a side project for fun. It was initially a project for me to try out some new learned features and techniques in Ruby on Rails. Albeit, I started to...

asked Aug 18 '13 at 21:25
Blank
Apane101
106 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.29K Views
Where to start for a website for Online store?

One of my Aunt buys raw materials from her Kashmiri(Indian) friends and sells hand made or designed dress materials. She doing this for quite some time and very happy doing it as its keeping her...

asked Sep 2 '13 at 14:57
Blank
Sandiip Patil
35 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Is there any business alternative to that of online business?

Nowadays we have free domains, free hosting servers and free tools to make a website. Just copy some content (Not copyrighted) and paste it in your website. Add some ads given by Google...

asked Sep 17 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Gimp
427 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.14K Views
Do web-builders reserve rights to websites?

I've been pondering over this one for quite a while now, and after doing some research, nothing appeared to come up. So, my questions is, when you use a website builder like webs, weebly, or other...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 13:23
Blank
Dylan Katz
10 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.94K Views
Do you somehow store the user agreeing to T&C?

I am curious as to whether websites actually somehow store the agreement a user makes when clicking through the terms and conditions. This way there is no way they could deny agreeing right, should...

asked Nov 10 '13 at 20:58
Blank
I Scotts
152 points