Success Questions

4 Votes
5 Answers
5.19K Views
How did stackoverflow become a success when most of its predecessors/clones are not?

There are hundreds of stackoverflow clones, but none as successful as the original. What is the secret behind the huge success it has got? Is it the initial pool of developers who answered the...

asked Jun 13 '11 at 22:01
Blank
Aib
126 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.45K Views
What's the worst failure you had in business and what did you learn from it?

What's the biggest failure you had while building a startup and what was the take away?

asked Jun 16 '14 at 21:25
Blank
Verdell Smith
22 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.42K Views
Most important factors to success for a restaurant?

What factors are crucial to a restaurant's success? Location is clearly the biggest. What else?

asked May 9 '14 at 14:18
Blank
Kathryn Hendrick
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Startup ideas people laughed at that eventually became very successful?

What are some of the top startups today that people thought would never work?

asked Apr 2 '14 at 21:55
Blank
William Kalb
9 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
5.09K Views
Why have most successful entrepreneurs gone to ivy league colleges?

Is there any correlation between going to an ivy league school and being successful in startups? Almost every successful startup in the valley has a founder which went to an ivy league school.Also,...

asked Mar 26 '14 at 23:26
Blank
Martha Gonzales
55 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.1K Views
Projects you did for fun (without intention of making money), but ended up being widely profitable?

What are some projects you started without the intention of every making any money from them, only to end up generating decent revenue from it?Any examples from your personal experience or other...

asked Mar 11 '14 at 12:24
Blank
Lawrence Hintz
35 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Best thing you did for your startup in the early days?

What was the one thing you did for your startup in the beginning stage that had the most positive effect in it's success?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 22:02
Blank
Stephanie Grasso
15 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
What are your daily habits / hacks that make your more effective in business?

Apart from just exercise and eating healthy, what are some your daily hacks that make you more productive or successful in running your startups?

asked Feb 18 '14 at 10:07
Blank
Paula Hall
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Which one book had the biggest impact in your success?

If you had to pick just one, which book would you say had the most positive impact for your career / business success. My own vote would be for The Art of Pitch by Peter Coughter.

asked Feb 8 '14 at 22:10
Blank
Zohra Sahertian
26 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Why don't usability testing companies succeed?

There seems to be a big demand for website feedback, usability and review services. However, companies that offer these services are not making much profit? For example, Concept Feedback stopped...

asked Dec 8 '12 at 17:12
Blank
Bonyhad
11 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Importance of Business Networking in a Tech Company

Everybody seems to think the opposite, but does it really matters how well you are connected with others entrepreneurs, developers or VCs when you own a tech company? It seems obvious that it...

asked May 30 '12 at 23:08
Blank
Hartator
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Was there ever a startup website that didn't require the help of angel investors?

I guess what I meant to say is; Has there ever been a startup that started small then became successful on its own, instead of having a large financial backup beforehand? If so, may I ask for a...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 23:32
Blank
Propeller
134 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Are books, videos, and blogs targeting startups really useful or are they just a distraction?

These days internet startups have gained a lot of popularity among young people and developers of all ages. Because of this same reason, many people have also started to benefit from this...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 13:29
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
How do you deal with the fear you might actually succeed?

It dawns on you: if we get any more than a few customers we might not survive! You are already working crazy hours and don't have the staff (nor the ability to quickly pull in new staff) to handle...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 21:06
Blank
Paul Filmer
790 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.68K Views
How do newcomers (startups) manage to surpass established companies?

Older company (generally?) have: more resources hire better talent (not sure about this though) are already popular - market share (guess more stuff can be added here that goes in favor of older...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 20:57
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.42K Views
Why are most successful web startup from the US? What are the factors?

I'm currently based in singapore. I have noticed that most startup, especially those that grow into super successful giants are mostly from US: facebook, groupon, linkedin. Or maybe because I'm...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 16:43
Blank
Melaos
131 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.05K Views
Are there Internet startups that became successful without enormous time commitment from employees?

The software and Internet startup companies I've worked for required 60, 80, or more hours a week of their employees (not just founders), for extended periods of time, up to a year. Are there...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 08:19
Blank
Meva
26 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.14K Views
How did the idea of Million Dollar Homepage became a hit?

How did the Million Dollar Homepage became a hit?

asked Mar 9 '11 at 07:51
Blank
Ashfame
128 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
4.49K Views
Examples of companies that made it big without outside investment?

We all know the legendary companies that became huge as a result of investors (both angels & VCs) but are there good examples of successful companies that took off simply on funding from the...

asked Jan 5 '11 at 01:16
Blank
Henry The Hengineer
4,316 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
What do you think of the book "The secret" by Rhonda Byrne?

Is it really helpful in reality? Why is it helpful? How is it helpful?

asked Dec 22 '10 at 22:35
Blank
Steven
1 point