Startup Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.19K Views
What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

asked Mar 21 '20 at 06:12
Blank
Vipin Kv
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.89K Views
Can I hold the equity of 1% in my friends start up while on H1-B?

I am on H1-B working for MNC in bay area. I have a question like, Can I hold the equity of 1% in my friends start up(C-Corp)? My friend is GC holder. I invested some money, so in return he would...

asked Jul 23 '19 at 21:22
Blank
Sateesh Kumar
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
3.73K Views
How companies divide company shares between founders and investors?

I came here to ask about: How do companies divide their equity shares among the founders and investors? For example, consider two persons are building a company. Person1 came with the idea of an...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 07:28
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.05K Views
Where to find work in a part-time startup?

I am a software engineer. I am looking to work in some startup part time (paid or non-paid). Something to do after work or on the weekends. What is the best in-person place in the SF bay area or...

asked Oct 21 '14 at 01:27
Blank
Dan
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
How to find the right advisors?

As our product development goes along, we are looking for more advisors to form an advisory board - we need well considered input from people who have already proven themselves in the tech / IoT...

asked Jun 28 '15 at 12:01
Blank
Alexander Hill
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
Process to let go of an employee?

We made a hiring mistake and need to terminate an employee. It's one of the hardest things I've come across as this will be a first. What the best way to gently let go of someone who isn't the...

asked May 25 '14 at 20:43
Blank
Dorothy Taylor
16 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
CTO's tasks at a funded startup with 3-4 engineers?

What kind of day to day tasks does a CTO deal with at a seed-funded startup (seed, not series A) that has ~4 software engineers? I'm looking to apply for such positions on AngelList and curious...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 17:12
Blank
James Thompson
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
How do I set the share capital of a company and the type of shares to allocate?

I intend to set up an IT company. As a one person startup, how do I determine what share capital the company should have? It can be $1, $1,000 or $100,000. Then, the shares can be ordinary or...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 10:53
Blank
Wayne
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
I have $50,000 that I want to invest in startups? Where do I start?

I want to begin using $50K of my savings to invest in other seed-stage startups. How do I get started?What are some strategies for picking startups with the best odds of a positive ROI?

asked Mar 19 '14 at 19:43
Blank
Brandon Nicholson
145 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Should I form an LLC, get a copyright, or S corp for an online educational platform?

I'm sure if I should do an LLC, S.Corp or whatnot for my online educational business. Also, I have a name, but what would I legalize it as? This has had me stumped and I want to share the idea,...

asked Mar 12 '14 at 18:31
Blank
Imani Pope
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Best thing you did for your startup in the early days?

What was the one thing you did for your startup in the beginning stage that had the most positive effect in it's success?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 22:02
Blank
Stephanie Grasso
15 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
How to hire employees or good management team for a startup when I have no friends?

I have no friends and I am alone with the idea of the startup. Though I know execution is the main part in a startup, I don't know where should I or how to hire people for my startup.

asked Feb 28 '14 at 19:26
Blank
jolt
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.98K Views
Need advice on assigning equity structure for 1 year old startup

I need advice and experienced views on establishing a proper original founder equity picture in a project. Here are the details: Founder A - Coder / Co-Product Designer / Co-Original Idea...

asked Feb 25 '14 at 18:49
Blank
Dan Newman
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Questions to ask yourself when doing your first startup?

I'm 20 years old and have always wanted to start a company of my own. What questions do entrepreneurs who have already had exits ask themselves to make sure the idea they're focusing on is the...

asked Feb 8 '14 at 15:27
Blank
Pia Jansson
6 points