Startup Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
Series LLC for a tech startup

Would it be good to have a Series LLC for a tech start that would want to launch products and services in software and electronics? How could this be organized better?

asked Oct 6 '17 at 15:48
Blank
John
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
Is there any free finance management application for a startup?

We are new IT startup. We need to manage our finance which we currently use excel sheet. Since we are engineers, we make the accounts in the way we know and thanks to google. But is there any...

asked Aug 10 '17 at 15:22
Blank
Naseef Umar
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
How companies divide company shares between founders and investors?

I came here to ask about: How do companies divide their equity shares among the founders and investors? For example, consider two persons are building a company. Person1 came with the idea of an...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 07:28
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Is there an effective process or system for organizing data and ideas that can become a tangible product?

I want to start a niche site based on educating people. I started with this idea and has been working on it for quite sometime (several months), I was reading more books, articles and gathered more...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 17:11
Blank
Crane
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
Best type of office space for startups?

Should a new startup sublet or rent it's office space? We are a small team of 4 and bootstrapping our startup with our own money.

asked Jul 25 '14 at 21:44
Blank
Vernell Santos
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.73K Views
Where to find work in a part-time startup?

I am a software engineer. I am looking to work in some startup part time (paid or non-paid). Something to do after work or on the weekends. What is the best in-person place in the SF bay area or...

asked Oct 21 '14 at 01:27
Blank
Dan
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.28K Views
How to approach potential clients?

Basically I’m looking to create a mobile app where people can book last minute spa treatments/breaks on their phone. What I want to know is how do I get the spa companies to be on board with this...

asked Nov 22 '14 at 09:21
Blank
Karen George
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
Where are all the Southern UK Tech Entrepreneurs?

Apologies if this is too off-topic to post, I thought I'd give it a go anyway. So basically I'm starting my own tech startup and meetup events / networking are pretty rare near me, I was wondering...

asked Jun 1 '15 at 14:40
Blank
Reece Matthews
76 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How do I start a peer-to-peer lending business?

I want to start a P2P lending business in my country. How do I go about this? Where do I find talent to work with me?

asked Jun 2 '15 at 07:05
Blank
Ellora
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
How to find the right advisors?

As our product development goes along, we are looking for more advisors to form an advisory board - we need well considered input from people who have already proven themselves in the tech / IoT...

asked Jun 28 '15 at 12:01
Blank
Alexander Hill
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
Process to let go of an employee?

We made a hiring mistake and need to terminate an employee. It's one of the hardest things I've come across as this will be a first. What the best way to gently let go of someone who isn't the...

asked May 25 '14 at 20:43
Blank
Dorothy Taylor
16 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Is writing agile user stories worth the effort when developing your product?

The standard practice with the agile methodology is to write user stories before starting development. The stories can be as broad or as detailed as you'd like.Example if I'm building a backup...

asked May 2 '14 at 17:44
Blank

0 Votes
0 Answers
What SaaS products should a seed-stage startup be using?

For a web based startup (we're building a checkout B2B product on top of Stripe's API), what are some SaaS products that we should be utilizing?Some categories that come to mind: Analytics Email...

asked Apr 15 '14 at 18:11
Blank
Kevin Moore
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Fair equity for engineers vs. designers at seed stage startup?

How would you calculate how much equity to give to engineers vs. designers at a startup?Should it be according to their salaries for simplicity?

asked Mar 2 '14 at 17:13
Blank
Aaron Fuller
25 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
CTO's tasks at a funded startup with 3-4 engineers?

What kind of day to day tasks does a CTO deal with at a seed-funded startup (seed, not series A) that has ~4 software engineers? I'm looking to apply for such positions on AngelList and curious...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 17:12
Blank
James Thompson
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How do I set the share capital of a company and the type of shares to allocate?

I intend to set up an IT company. As a one person startup, how do I determine what share capital the company should have? It can be $1, $1,000 or $100,000. Then, the shares can be ordinary or...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 10:53
Blank
Wayne
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
I have $50,000 that I want to invest in startups? Where do I start?

I want to begin using $50K of my savings to invest in other seed-stage startups. How do I get started?What are some strategies for picking startups with the best odds of a positive ROI?

asked Mar 19 '14 at 19:43
Blank
Brandon Nicholson
145 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Should I form an LLC, get a copyright, or S corp for an online educational platform?

I'm sure if I should do an LLC, S.Corp or whatnot for my online educational business. Also, I have a name, but what would I legalize it as? This has had me stumped and I want to share the idea,...

0 Votes
2 Answers
Best thing you did for your startup in the early days?

What was the one thing you did for your startup in the beginning stage that had the most positive effect in it's success?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 22:02
Blank
Stephanie Grasso
15 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to hire employees or good management team for a startup when I have no friends?

I have no friends and I am alone with the idea of the startup. Though I know execution is the main part in a startup, I don't know where should I or how to hire people for my startup.

asked Feb 28 '14 at 19:26
Blank
jolt
11 points