Market Research Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.19K Views
What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

asked Mar 21 '20 at 06:12
Blank
Vipin Kv
1 point

5 Votes
8 Answers
3.69K Views
Researching my market size?

I have an outdoor site that makes money by displaying ads (mostly travel and outdoor gear related) and selling outdoor gear. I am trying to find some industry statistics on the outdoor gear size,...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 10:01
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Estimating market size when creating a new market

How would a startup that intends to provide a brand new type of service quantify the market potential without spending a lot of money on legitimate survey research? Or without rolling out the...

asked Dec 24 '11 at 06:00
Blank
Caligirl
204 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Where to start our market research?

Our product is a cloud based application available cross platform. It's functionality, summed up, is to help you share the books you read with your friends. We are in the stages of market...

asked Sep 20 '12 at 17:57
Blank
Max Willmo
106 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.13K Views
How to find the market size, expected revenue etc. for any start up idea? for eg market size of online flash banner creator websites

I have seen many website which create flash banner ads online and you can directly download the customized flash banner, thought it is not a new business idea I feel I can add some unique feature...

asked Aug 16 '11 at 03:05
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.33K Views
How much does a SaaS customer support cost on average?

For subscription-based B2C SaaS businesses where the business is not charge for the support, but for the subscription. How much does on average customer/visitor support account to? In other words,...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 15:13
Blank
Simpatico
198 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.92K Views
How to determine "market size" when researching ideas or creating a pitch deck?

How does one determine the "market size" for a business opportunity. Lets presume I'm selling mugs. How do I figure out what the market size for mugs is?

asked Jun 4 '14 at 15:55
Blank
Dolores Jensen
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Marketing a software product to new lawyers, when their industry shows mass unemployment?

I am creating a SaaS software product that targets brand new law graduates. But statistics show that law schools are churning out TWICE as many lawyers than there is demand.So that means half of...

asked Jun 24 '14 at 22:10
Blank
Violet Hall
12 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Large enough market for an Airbnb for dog walkers?

The only real competitor in this market, DogVacay, is focused primary on dog boarding.I feel there might be a bigger market for just dog walking, but how can I go about quantifying that market? Is...

asked Mar 17 '14 at 19:48
Blank
Jordan Vargas
45 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.91K Views
How to define your target market on a broad service?

One of the main reasons I've joined is to learn how I can best push a open-source product I've worked on with the occasional help of others over the years. Approach is most capable as a SaaS...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 20:48
Blank
Garet Claborn
324 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
Calculating market size for a CRM app?

How can I figure out my market size for a CRM app similar to ZenDesk (support desk)? I am creating my pitch deck and can't figure out to accurately calculate that.

asked Feb 25 '14 at 17:45
Blank
Kevin Prudhomme
40 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
Distinguishing Need to Have vs Must Have in Client Interviews

When I investigate enterprise client software needs, I can easily identify a list of things that can make them happier. (none are necessarily directly cost-cutting or revenue gaining, but all...

asked Oct 16 '13 at 06:38
Blank
Max
113 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.51K Views
What are the tools to find out if I have a good start plan?

I have a starting plan, a good idea, some financing and all... The question mostly relates on the fact that the guys (who finance the product I am looking for to make) are asking who would buy this...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 06:13
Blank
Salketer
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
research the profit potential of a hobby wood carving business

I am a software developer and i wish to start a side business as a hobby wood carver. What is the best way to go about researching the profit potential of those idea? i was thinking: 1. go on...

asked Sep 26 '13 at 05:23
Blank
Victor
137 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
Recognition of the needs of the majority when not being part of it (socially, intellectually,...)?

Disclaimer first: the scope of this question is not to create polemics. The question is not elitist but based on reality. I am facing this business problem: How to recognize the needs of the...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 18:03
Blank
Data Smarter
1,274 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.75K Views
Will SaaS solution work for POS and Inventory Management in small retail stores in India

How could I measure the effectiveness of a subscription or commission model for POS and inventory system, in a high volume low cost market?

asked Aug 23 '13 at 19:32
Blank
Srkgupta
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Is my market size estimation correct?

I made a quick calculation on my market size based on varous articles I found online, and came to the conclusion that my target market (Wordpress development) is a multi-billion dollar a year...

asked Jul 18 '13 at 01:45
Blank
user1721135
182 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
What should the target market be for free community e-magazine

I'm developing a business plan for a free community e-magazine. In the marketing section, should the target market be the advertisers or the readers? Thanks

asked Jun 22 '13 at 18:47
Blank
User794726
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
Research online communities for "willingness to purchase"

How can I research whether or not an online community is willing to spend money on products that are within their area of interest? Is there a better way to determine that they will spend (or not)...

asked Jun 25 '13 at 22:32
Blank
Charles
106 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.84K Views
How to ask Customer Discovery Questions?

I want start a business around selling baby related items to moms and dads. I have quite a number of friends who are going to get married/are going to have a baby/already have a baby. So I already...

asked Jun 29 '13 at 16:32
Blank
Graviton
871 points