Social Questions

5 Votes
2 Answers
3.94K Views
How to make a product sticky? Like Facebook or Instagram.

What are some ways to add social value or stickiness to a website about video games?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 00:34
Blank
James Smith
70 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Recognition of the needs of the majority when not being part of it (socially, intellectually,...)?

Disclaimer first: the scope of this question is not to create polemics. The question is not elitist but based on reality. I am facing this business problem: How to recognize the needs of the...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 18:03
Blank
Data Smarter
1,274 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
How can I raise venture capital for a free and ad-free venture?

I am planning to start an online company, which would be a social tool, much like instagram and kik messenger, but I fail to see how these companies promise to return the investor's money. History...

asked Jul 1 '13 at 13:23
Blank
Jani Kovacs
75 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
How to generate revenue from a website using visitor counts? Is there a standard way for doing it?

I want to build a web application that would showcase realestate properties of different owners. One way to generate revenue from this is charging for their property posting and for featured...

asked Mar 18 '13 at 02:10
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Is it possible to start a self sustaining web design business with limited finances and experience? Do i need a partner?

I want to start a web design company, and ultimately a brand name. I am hoping to acquire skills, financing, and contacts simultaneously. Is this possible? Can one generate enough money with...

asked Mar 1 '13 at 01:57
Blank
D Keifer00
6 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
1.91K Views
Social media advertising

I am starting a business that produces its product based on customer opinion that is collected via a website. How effective is word of mouth proliferation over online social media for spreading the...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 02:54
Blank
William Ernster
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
What is the salary for an experienced social marketer?

I'm looking to hire a experienced professional on a part-time contact basis to manage the online marketing of my smartphone app. Our focus will be social media. I've found many qualified people on...

asked Mar 17 '12 at 07:13
Blank
Barry Fruitman
119 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.96K Views
Will people use a site that pays them to share?

We have just launched a beta of our website that pays people to share products and services they like with friends in their network who might be interested. We are trying to figure out the best way...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 06:37
Blank
Ben Stewart
11 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
2.85K Views
What are the Pro's and Con's of using log in with Facebook or log in with Google?

I have seen more and more websites allowing you to log in with your facebook or google account. I am in the process of building a new website and I am wondering what the pro's and con's of doing...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 02:02
Blank
Don Tarinelli
51 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.96K Views
What are the revenue streams of social gaming?

I'm thinking to build some social games that can be played via website, social networks (Facebook, etc) and mobile apps. So, what are the successful revenue streams of social gaming companies?

asked Jul 8 '11 at 23:29
Blank
Jeff
58 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
How do I get users to sign-up to my product that isn't launched yet?

Whats the best way to promote your website if still in beta? I have a sign-up page for anyone who wants to create their own social trivia game, but the platform hasn't launched yet. Where can I get...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 08:27
Blank
Maryam
21 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.27K Views
How can I make my site more social / involved for posters?

I've just created a new site which allows users to post content around their local area and any activities. As it has just been launched there is not much in the way of content for those people...

asked May 19 '11 at 12:03
Blank
Xiaohouzi79
1,257 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
How to grow a social media business based on location, from one location to global?

I assume Foursquare faced this issue. You've got a social service that is location based but requires a lot of users to make valuable. I'm in a similar boat with an upcoming start up, and I'm...

asked May 17 '11 at 19:13
Blank
Long Winter
271 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
What would you spend 15 minutes a day of "Social Media" on?

I work in the B2B market. Many of our clients are owned and managed by the entrepreneur or owner. These are not high-tech companies. They make things, they manufacture, they develop, they produce...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points