Venture Capital Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
Getting into a partnership without capital what equity and profit sharing percentage?

I am about to get into a technology related business with two other individuals that themselves are savvy entrepreneurs but only on FMCGs, Agriculture and Real Estate. They have made a billion and...

0 Votes
0 Answers
I am fresh out of university with an idea that could disrupt the fitness industry. I have been offered 250K for 60% of my business should I take it?

The business is essentially a concept at this moment in time. I need both money and experience to get this business to where it needs to be. The investor is 70 years old with plenty of experience...

asked Nov 3 '17 at 09:15
Blank
Jack Roberton
1 point

3 Votes
0 Answers
1.99K Views
VCs always say they invest in teams, not ideas. So should the pitch be mostly about the team's experience?

Every VC and funded startup says that venture capitalists invest in the team, not the idea.By that logic, shouldn't your pitch mostly be about the team's experience?Also, How can you highlight your...

asked May 7 '14 at 13:25
Blank
Denise Crabill
16 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.73K Views
Different stages of funding for a new startup?

What are the different stages that a seed-stage startup goes through while getting funded? i.e. things like: Connect with junior associates at VCs Pitch to VC partner Pitch to all partners at the...

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.69K Views
Once you raise money from angel investors, how often do you contact them with status updates?

I'm new to the venture capital process. Once you raise a seed round from angel investors, how often are you supposed to contact them and keep them in the loop of things?Also, what sort of...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 19:29
Blank
Joseph Sanders
12 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
1.09K Views
How to start a venture firm and get large investors to invest in your fund?

I have had a small exit in a previous startup and looking to start my own venture capital firm. I'm looking to start with a fund of at least $20M. Out of which, I will put in $1M of my own...

asked Jul 25 '14 at 18:57
Blank
David Blum
7 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.74K Views
Hacking Venture Capital: could you connect with a partner at a firm only to have another partner lead the round?

I'm trying to (unsuccessfully) connect with a partner at a VC firm, but most likely would be able to with another partner. Would it be okay for me to try to get the main partner to lead our round...

asked Jun 4 '14 at 20:58
Blank
Norman Carrero
12 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.34K Views
When to start seeking funding from angel investors?

I'm currently bootstrapping my startup with about $25,000 of my own savings. We've validated the idea by talking to potential customers well before we even started developing the product.We're...

0 Votes
0 Answers
How are associates at a VC firm compensated for companies that get funded?

Do associates at VC firms get a percentage of the amount of funding a company receives? (ones that they source and schedule a partner to meet)If that is indeed the case, wouldn't it be in their...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 19:13
Blank
Jake Mosqueda
4 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How can a payment startup without VC backing gain initial users?

One of the reasons Stripe was able to get it's initial customers was that it was funded by YCombinator and other VCs. How does a startup in the same space get initial traction without first raising...

asked Jun 13 '14 at 16:11
Blank
Alvera Vasquez
2 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.43K Views
Can you raise money from VCs if you're a solo founder and all your employees are ODesk contractors?

I have a solo founder (technical) who has hired 8 full time contractors on ODesk for my startup. We have launched an MVP and starting to get some initial traction.Would VCs reject such a startup...

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to prepare to raise money from VCs?

What are the most likely questions that VCs ask startup founders? And what questions should I be asking myself before even getting started with raising our seed round?

0 Votes
2 Answers
Why do VCs continue to fund "photo app" startups?

Except for the 2-3 outliers (Instagram, Snapchat, etc), most of the photo sharing apps fail and close doors. Or get acqui-hired.Yet why do VCs continue to fund them? Is there much more to be had in...

0 Votes
1 Answers
Is it possible to raising funds from funding platforms before registering a company?

I'm trying to build an eCommerce company. Company registration is not yet completed, but is under process. Now I'm planning to raise capital to begin operations as soon as the company gets...

asked Jun 26 '14 at 11:15
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How much does it cost to create a game such as ESPN streak for the cash?

Hi, I'm researching everything about ESPN Streak for the cash game, since I'm planning to create a game of the same nature. I am more of a business guy, and don't know much about programming and...

1 Votes
0 Answers
What should a good executive summary include for VCs?

What type of content should an executive summary have when a venture capitalist requests one?Any tips on things to avoid and include in an executive summary? Things like length of the summary,...

1 Votes
1 Answers
Does incorporating your startup in another country for tax benefits negatively affect being able to raise money from VCs?

If we were to incorporate our company in another company (where one of our co-founder lives), would that seriously limit our ability to raise money from venture capital firms?The primary benefit to...

asked Jul 10 '14 at 20:14
Blank
Ronald Whittaker
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Do VCs look into possible patent infringement when doing their due diligence?

When venture capital firms do their due diligence on startups, do they look at possible patents that the startup is infringing on?If so, that seems like a very costly thing to do (legal resources)....

asked Jul 11 '14 at 14:18
Blank
Jennifer Black
6 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Which is better: crowd funding, bank loan, angel round, or VC funding?

I have almost set up all concerns of my start up, but I am facing a critical challenge now of raising capital so I could execute my business plan.Due to limited resources, it will not be possible...

asked Jul 23 '14 at 18:00
Blank
Moustafa Ezzat
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How can an international startup raise money from VCs in silicon valley?

If a startup is based and registered in Europe, would it be possible to get venture capitalists in silicon valley to invest in a series A round?Do larger VC firms often invest in international...

asked Jul 24 '14 at 17:12
Blank
Alfred Loftus
2 points