Venture Capital Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.25K Views
How do I split company profits 3 ways?

Hi , Me and two of my friends are opening a retail space in order to rental out nail booths. If we have 8+ booths and are charging about $400+ monthly rent ( not sure if you need this info) how...

asked Jul 29 '20 at 06:20
Blank
Sey S
1 point

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.28K Views
I have an almost working mobile application, how do I get investment?

I am new to the game. How do I get investment? Will having an almost working mobile application help when it comes to investors taking me seriously. I am a developer by trade. 5% of the work is...

asked Dec 7 '14 at 15:21
Blank
User34199
46 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.28K Views
ABC of startups, startups for dummies

Is there book "Startups for Dummies" that details the available funding sources (I so frequently hear about A, B, C investment rounds), that details the standard documentation that shoud be...

asked Aug 18 '19 at 13:46
Blank
Alex Maier
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
I have an idea for a mobile app. Should I fund it myself or raise money?

I have an app for an idea that will require around $100K capital to completely build and launch. Should I try to raise money or figure out a way to invest my own money?

asked Apr 4 '14 at 12:41
Blank
Alexandra Scalise
16 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.78K Views
Venture capital method for valuing my pre revenue deep tech startup

Hello, I'm using the vc method to arrive at my business valuation. My sector ebitda multiple is 22.54. Using a discount rate of 70% I have arrived at my valuation. However I'm also aware that the...

asked Jan 9 '19 at 12:35
Blank
Narayanan K.A
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.91K Views
Is this style of fund-raising doable?

Scenario Give investors the option to have 50% of their equity returned as cash in the event that the cash value will equal their original investment amount. The idea is to make this a LOW RISK...

asked Nov 12 '18 at 20:19
Blank
Jackson Rollins
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.88K Views
Equity buyback program as a vc round

One of the companies that I am a partner in is raising capital. We are considering offering shares with a repurchase program. We have calculated a CAGR that tracks projected YOY revenue growth and...

asked Sep 4 '18 at 22:20
Blank
Alex Notov
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.54K Views
Ethics and legality of leaving a company mid-raise

I am in a complicated situation and would appreciate advice from experienced founders and also investors so I take the right ethical course and also avoid legal issues. I am the CTO of a small...

asked May 29 '18 at 23:35
Blank
George84
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.25K Views
Can you raise money from VCs if you're a solo founder and all your employees are ODesk contractors?

I have a solo founder (technical) who has hired 8 full time contractors on ODesk for my startup. We have launched an MVP and starting to get some initial traction.Would VCs reject such a startup...

asked Jun 13 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Mark Ballard
14 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
Why do VCs continue to fund "photo app" startups?

Except for the 2-3 outliers (Instagram, Snapchat, etc), most of the photo sharing apps fail and close doors. Or get acqui-hired.Yet why do VCs continue to fund them? Is there much more to be had in...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:41
Blank
Cheryl Guynn
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Is it possible to raising funds from funding platforms before registering a company?

I'm trying to build an eCommerce company. Company registration is not yet completed, but is under process. Now I'm planning to raise capital to begin operations as soon as the company gets...

asked Jun 26 '14 at 11:15
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.75K Views
How much does it cost to create a game such as ESPN streak for the cash?

Hi, I'm researching everything about ESPN Streak for the cash game, since I'm planning to create a game of the same nature. I am more of a business guy, and don't know much about programming and...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 15:13
Blank
Nicolás Fernández Llorente
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.03K Views
Does incorporating your startup in another country for tax benefits negatively affect being able to raise money from VCs?

If we were to incorporate our company in another company (where one of our co-founder lives), would that seriously limit our ability to raise money from venture capital firms?The primary benefit to...

asked Jul 10 '14 at 20:14
Blank
Ronald Whittaker
7 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.71K Views
How can I get fund for my new software? I have MVP!

I am an experienced computer developer, I was enjoying making computer programs since I was just 10, back to 1994. And since 2001, I started to create computer software as my part time and later...

asked Aug 18 '14 at 10:45
Blank
Shahab
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.43K Views
Is it possible to build and scale a startup with only remote employees?

It would save considerable overhead expenses on things like rent and health insurance in some cases (for those employees who are in other countries).What about VCs? Would they look upon such a...

asked Apr 20 '15 at 12:57
Blank
Jason George
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.47K Views
Why do VCs never outright say no to you if they're not going to invest?

My co-founder and I have pitched to tens of venture capital firms in the bay area. Not once have been openly told "no". It seems all the VCs give you an open ended reply that makes you feel hopeful...

asked Apr 29 '15 at 11:12
Blank
Mary Sterrett
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
How to raise money if you don't have a network or went to an ivy league school?

It turns out that most new founders that get seed funded usually get their foot in the VC door via: Recommended by someone Worked at a well known company like Google or FB Went to an ivy league...

asked May 19 '15 at 21:14
Blank
Juan Bourg
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
9.01K Views
Should startups send investors their pitch deck over email before the meeting?

PROS: Get a "no" early and avoid a wasted meeting. Provide foundation so that meeting time is more useful. CONS: Investors may forward deck to your competitors. Without presenting the deck in...

asked Mar 28 '14 at 05:54
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
Can one who lives in a 3rd world country target an investing round from a VC in the US?

Can someone who lives in a third world country target an investment round from a VC in US? From the likes of Ycombinator, etc?

asked Nov 16 '12 at 12:06
Blank
Iam
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.89K Views
Are VCs less likely to fund companies incorporated overseas?

Suppose I incorporate my company in Cayman Islands and then try to seek VC investment. Would VCs be more averse in investing in such companies compared to a company that is incorporated in Delaware?

asked Apr 28 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points