Odesk Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.17K Views
Can you raise money from VCs if you're a solo founder and all your employees are ODesk contractors?

I have a solo founder (technical) who has hired 8 full time contractors on ODesk for my startup. We have launched an MVP and starting to get some initial traction.Would VCs reject such a startup...

2 Votes
1 Answers
Founders: hiring virtual assistants for errands and small tasks?

Does anyone have any experience hiring VAs to do smaller / administrative tasks at their startup? Where did you hire them from and what are common tasks you delegated to them that made you life...

asked Jun 23 '14 at 12:43
Blank
Christy Saine
11 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Sharing source code for ODesk workers?

We are going to be hiring a engineer or two from ODesk. One concern that we have is our source being given to another employer later or made publicly available. For our startup, our technology is...

asked May 21 '14 at 18:44
Blank
David Bishop
7 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How much would someone charge to completely handle all aspects of SEM?

Two part Is it possible to find contractors on ODesk or eLance that can completely handle SEM (AdWords) for you? If so, how much can you expect to pay for someone who is great at such a job?

asked Apr 17 '14 at 20:13
Blank
Elnora Collins
9 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
Non technical founders: how do you select your technology stack?

I'm a non-technical founder who is going to be using contractors on ODesk to build the MVP. How do I decide on which technologies to pick?- PHP andMySQL- Rails and PostGres- Node.jsEtc.How you...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 16:45
Blank
John Stinnett
4 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Communication pitfalls and tips for remote teams?

Now that my startup is starting to generate revenue, I'm going to hire a designer, a rails coder, and several SEO people to work remotely. I'll likely start on ODesk and if they are good, move the...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 12:23
Blank
Melissa Gonzales
35 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
What tasks should a founder outsource to virtual assistants?

I want to hire a virtual assistant on ODesk and curious what kind of tasks do people usually have them do?What are your business / personal tasks that you would outsource to make your life easier...

asked Mar 4 '14 at 15:23
Blank
Lillian Price
50 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How to do background checks on new hires? Should a startup even care about doing checks?

I am going to be hiring my first remote employee that I found on ODesk. Had initially contracted him on an hourly basis but would like to hire him full time directly outside of ODesk.Should I do...

asked Feb 14 '14 at 00:52
Blank
User30123
6 points