Outsourcing Questions

88 Votes
15 Answers
21.5K Views
Is hiring average programmers worse than staying solo?

I have a reasonably successful SaaS, which is pretty much a one-man show; I always wanted a co-founder but never found the right person. It's been running for a number of years now, growing...

asked May 26 '11 at 20:54
Blank
J22
543 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
4.28K Views
How do you find good professional help? (Lawyers, Accountants, Graphic Designers, etc)

Business accounting and legal work are mundane-but-required tasks for any startup. However, until the company is large enough to hire on dedicated staff for that work, how do you find qualified...

asked Oct 16 '09 at 05:02
Blank
Marcus L
21 points

0 Votes
6 Answers
39.5K Views
How can I find jewelry manufacturers?

We are looking to have a few jewelery pieces manufactured in lots of 100-300 at a time. I'm not sure where to look as we have zero manufacturing experience. The items will be small silver...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 11:26
Blank
Citadelgrad
107 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.57K Views
Getting projects for a software development company

We have formed our company (that is, incorporation is in progress) this November (2012). Our company focuses on IT service management (ITSM) solutions and have very skilled professionals in the...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 00:19
Blank
Rajagopal S
11 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
10K Views
How to find leads for outsourced software development projects?

We are a team of Ruby on Rails professionals skilled to create good web applications. What we are lacking is the marketing side of the business and we are looking to talk to people/companies who...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 05:35
Blank
User
16 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.96K Views
What's the legal framework for a US company (Delaware LLC) to hire a full-time remote developer (e.g. India, Sri Lanka)?

We don't need a one-shot collaboration (see elance.com, odesk.com) but a long-term remote developer. We don't know, legally speaking, how to proceed and which are the needed steps. Thank you

asked Oct 12 '10 at 23:45
Blank
Leonardo Dario Perna
106 points

4 Votes
8 Answers
8.04K Views
Software Outsourcing Price Comparison

Does someone know where to find any information about price comparison for Software Outsourcing across different countries?

asked Dec 31 '09 at 08:26
Blank
Oyushche
36 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
11.9K Views
Need to create a professional Demo / Video Tutorial for my Software Application

I am creating a desktop application and i'll need a video tutorial / demo for the app, to put on my company website. The purpose of the video is to obviously explain how to use the program, but to...

asked Aug 2 '10 at 15:39
Blank
Tanvir Chowdhury
165 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.74K Views
How to write a ton of content on a limited budget?

We have a unique problem we're trying to solve: we need to write 15K pages of content on a specific niche and don't have enough of a budget to hire writers on sites like ODesk and TextBroker.The...

asked Jul 5 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Thomas Hunt
14 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.6K Views
What's the best way to outsource order processing w/PayPal

What is the best way to outsource order processing (dropship) with PayPal? PayPal really, really sucks. However, one of my vendors only accepts PayPal. I tried to create an additional user for my...

asked Dec 14 '14 at 01:22
Blank
Starrychloe S.
83 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.64K Views
Are there consultants or companies which will help me find projects in USA?

I am from India and I am owner of a Pvt Ltd company, we deal in software, web development, hosting, server administration. We are successfully in business from last 5 years. These many years we got...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 00:50
Blank
Bandurao
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.27K Views
How to do effective marketing of a software design and development company to win more clients/projects?

We are a small software design and development company with expertise in the areas on facebook apps, iphone, android apps development. Most of our clients/projects have come from sites like Elance,...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Ali
179 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
10.5K Views
New IT company outsourcing Web Design to India?

So, I'm based in the UK and would like to start offering web-design services to my clients. I myself am not a designer (I just don't have the eye for it) though I know there are many talented...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 21:27
Blank
Kj Bweb
13 points

6 Votes
12 Answers
8.12K Views
Outsourcing SEO on sites like Fiverr

I saw a lot of posts on Fiverr where people who offer creating 1000's of backlinks to your website for a pretty low price. Is it a good way to improve my SEO? Is it safe to use this technique? I...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 11:44
Blank
Salmon
970 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
Whats your opinion on using freelancing sites over other lead generation techniques

We are an outsourced software product development company from India, quite recently started. We started using freelancing sites for finding prospects as it was the easiest way to get started till...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 02:59
Blank
Ameya Phadke
56 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.23K Views
Signing contacts with overseas vendor: which country's laws would govern the contract?

I'm confused on how contracts with overseas vendors would work in the event there is a dispute.Lets assume I'm working with a development vendor in India. We have a contract and they decide to not...

asked Apr 8 '14 at 22:57
Blank
Gordon Hughes
7 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
What tasks should a founder outsource to virtual assistants?

I want to hire a virtual assistant on ODesk and curious what kind of tasks do people usually have them do?What are your business / personal tasks that you would outsource to make your life easier...

asked Mar 4 '14 at 15:23
Blank
Lillian Price
50 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.38K Views
What is a good IMAP email program for business use?

I'm looking for business-class IMAP email programs to replace the traditional Outlook/POP configuration. Key features needed: the ability to access your email from any device without sacrificing...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 13:18
Blank
Julie King
871 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Software development contest in business plan?

Our business Greatly simplified: We provide data obtained from localized hardware via sensors (mostly cameras) and make it available on the Internet via an API. Having a good UI for the data is...

asked Oct 1 '13 at 20:53
Blank
Feklee
148 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
What are the best "result driven" payment structures when outsourcing a large project?

We may outsource our MVP, and could use some input and advice as to how structure a good payment plan when using a service like Odesk, or Elance. Any input would be very appreciated. Thank you

asked Aug 27 '13 at 07:44
Blank
Derek
164 points