IT Questions

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.38K Views
What is a good IMAP email program for business use?

I'm looking for business-class IMAP email programs to replace the traditional Outlook/POP configuration. Key features needed: the ability to access your email from any device without sacrificing...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 13:18
Blank
Julie King
871 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
Choosing a right path to start own IT Company?

I am a web developer working for a normal IT company. My dream,my goal to start my own IT company. AS i have observed lot, many small private organizations in my locality are still using paper...

asked Sep 14 '13 at 23:41
Blank
Bhargava Katta
16 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.24K Views
How to deal with the technology side of a startup, or scale a technologically-oriented startup?

This is two questions in one, but they're so closely related that they ought to be addressed together. A. If I were founding a non-technological start up -- say a financial services group -- how...

asked Jan 2 '13 at 08:47
Blank
Aerovistae
115 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
How to come up with service packages and pricing?

I have a break fix IT company right now, but I'm trying to transition to a managed service provider role. I believe I have everything in place, but the one thing I just can't seem to wrap my arms...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Msindle
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.76K Views
How to register an IT company in USA?

My brother-in-law in India wants to open(register) an IT company in US. Is that possible? How? And if now, then I'm here in US with a student visa. Can I register an IT company in USA and help...

asked May 18 '12 at 04:19
Blank
Jigar Brahmbhatt
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
What plan of IT outsource company to get long term clients

We are small IT outsource company located in Ukraine (but registered in USA). We have clients over the world. We are working like dedicated team, for existed projects who need cost effective...

asked Apr 23 '12 at 03:13
Blank
Paul
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
What are the various IT consulting models and the benefits and drawbacks of each?

I am pursuing an opportunity as an outside consultant to an established company, but don't really know how to package my services. Here are a couple of models I have come across: Charge a...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 06:33
Blank
J.Rightly
106 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
What are the options for remote desktop support?

I am working with a client in the United States that as part of a comprehensive strategy to spin several divisions off as new start-ups is looking to outsource the IT department to a "remote...

asked Jul 1 '11 at 06:03
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.8K Views
Average Budget for IT

What is the average budget for an IT Department in an eCommerce Startup? Asssume they are nearly 2 years old and have solid revenues coming in I'd like to know in terms of % of course. Also how...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 00:13
Blank
Cogito Ergo Sum
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Can or should a small IT start-up delegate sys admin activities to a 3rd party?

Following discussions triggered on another question: let's imagine a small start-up company who has to decide what to do with its capital. Two suggestions are made: a) The company spends capital...

asked May 12 '11 at 23:52
Blank
J Verstry
152 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Any tips on using DotCloud for IT for a web site startup?

I came across DotCloud this weekend. It looks like an awesome way to build a web based startup with pre-configured modules. Here's how they position themselves: "Assemble your stack from...

asked Apr 19 '11 at 03:29
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Founders' reliance on IT manager/network admin

I am (co-)starting a company with the bought assets of my previous (software) company, dormant for over a year. The IT guy from the previous company is coming on board to help revive the server...

asked Feb 1 '11 at 09:02
Blank
Aaron Smothers
56 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.13K Views
Best mobile phone/service for startups

For years, RIM's Blackberry devices were the corporate standard. Today, many businesses deploy smartphones running Google Android, Apple iOS, or Windows Phone as well. What are the pros and cons...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 00:58
Blank
Mathaix
510 points