Business Services Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.86K Views
Article writing service?

Anybody has recommendations for good article writing services for SEO purposes? Especially the one that actually writes for real people and not just churn out the article out of a random word...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 21:59
Blank
Adib
293 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.02K Views
What is the biggest challenge that startups face?

Question for all of you startups out there: What's been your greatest challenge? Or what have you needed the most help with? Creating a Business Strategy Raising Money (Finding and/or Pitching...

asked Dec 6 '13 at 08:01
Blank
The Start Up Team
59 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Convert FREE to PAID service without losing customers?

This is a real estate website where agents can advertise their properties. Two years ago we've started as a FREE service to gain customers and visits. Now after a lot of investment we need to start...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 20:38
Blank
Alexandru Trandafir Catalin
157 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.9K Views
Is there a "magic number" of stores to have prior to launch?

I have started a service that allows liquor stores to show their products and pricing on my website, giving them full control of their profile, etc. The idea is that users will go on the site and...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 09:25
Blank
User6528
149 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.81K Views
Do my prices make me seem unprofessional? Should I even list them?

I started a small web development company with my friend. When we talked about the services we were going to offer we obviously also had to talk about how much to charge for these services. What...

asked Jun 11 '12 at 22:40
Blank
Mike
140 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Automating Business Owner Validation/Verification

We are looking for a way to validate that the person who creates an account has the ability to speak for the business in question. (Only U.S. based businesses for now.) And we are looking for ways...

asked Apr 23 '12 at 07:44
Blank
Local Pc Guy
99 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.18K Views
How do I validate a businesses identity?

I'm developing a website that allows businesses to register. Any ideas how to automate the validation process of the business? For example, to identify an individual you could use a credit card...

asked Nov 23 '11 at 13:11
Blank
Paul Riker
6 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
How do I respond to client asking for retainer back?

After deciding on a list of requirements with a client and agreeing on a price, the client sent me 50% of the total before work was started, and we agreed the remaining was to be paid at...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 07:09
Blank
Nute
143 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
Pricing for the premium content?

We are in a process of launching a new start-up. It is a web based software application/platform providing business networking services. Although not directly comparable, however for the...

asked Sep 18 '11 at 18:52
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
How will a registered agent protect my privacy?

If I get a registered agent for my LLC, does that truly protect my privacy? So if an employer, friend, coworker, relative, etc wanted to find out who owns the company, could it be done? What are...

asked Aug 24 '11 at 00:09
Blank
Cocoa Dev
122 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Direct Mail services

I'm looking for good direct mail companies that will print and mail postcards my company creates. Possibly even help design the mailers. Any advice on what to look out for when selecting the...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 06:22
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.16K Views
Can I give Google Analytics data to my customers?

Can I give Google Analytics data from the API as a free gift feature to my customers that are paying for a monthly subscription service? Or would this be outside of Googles terms of service.

asked Jul 30 '11 at 21:36
Blank
Daxon
111 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.05K Views
Online Merchant Account/Payment Gateway for Non-U.S. based Businesses

As many of you - who do not live in the us - surely know, it's near impossible to find an online merchant account/payment gateway other than paypal standard for non-us based businesses. If there's...

asked May 30 '11 at 03:38
Blank
Sotkra
141 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Business Mailing List Generation

We have been approached by a service offering to construct a mailing campaign. According to them they're able to find practically all relevant businesses in a given town, verify the addresses and...

asked May 6 '11 at 05:47
Blank
Garet Claborn
324 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
What's the best book on pricing you've ever read?

What's the best book you've ever read on pricing?

asked Mar 6 '11 at 00:58
Blank
Steven
1 point

6 Votes
5 Answers
8.16K Views
How can some companies offer low shipping rates using FedEx?

There are companies that are able to ship a mattress with a shipping charge of $5. There are many, like Amazon, that are able to offer free shipping. Logic tells me that you achieve this by...

asked Feb 6 '11 at 04:50
Blank
Geo
268 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.63K Views
Business models for a software component

My company has developed a .DLL, meaning a software component, which needs to be a part of software to have value. This software component can be useful in a range of applications in everything...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 09:14
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.93K Views
When a service oriented site starts, do they open with projects/customers?

How do service oriented sites start with content? For instance, when a site such as ebay or elance.com start, they woudl need some type of auctions already posted to generate interest in new...

asked Oct 8 '10 at 01:31
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Field Service Management

I need to manage going door-to-door to 700 properties. I need to be able to account for each property whether they require my service. Then I will need to provide that service every 2 weeks. I've...

asked Aug 19 '10 at 22:26
Blank
Jeffrey Hicks
313 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.13K Views
Best mobile phone/service for startups

For years, RIM's Blackberry devices were the corporate standard. Today, many businesses deploy smartphones running Google Android, Apple iOS, or Windows Phone as well. What are the pros and cons...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 00:58
Blank
Mathaix
510 points