API Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
Is there a market for providing an API to UPC barcode data?

I have a huge database of UPC barcodes and their corresponding products (name, photo of the product, some specs).Do you think there might be a market to provide a paid API access to this data?

asked Jun 30 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Michael Hall
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Etsy doesn't have an affiliate program. Why do they still have an API?

What's the point of Etsy providing an API when they don't have an affiliate program. No site will be able to monetize traffic sent to them.Or do they do deals on an individual basis with developers...

asked Feb 27 '14 at 22:08
Blank
Rafael Raber
50 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Starting a SaaS platform

I'm building a platform to help others make their own SaaS site. I have a landing page, a prototype, many things, but I'm trying to organize the ideas and prioritize the work. What the platform...

asked Oct 25 '13 at 02:06
Blank
Jbcolmenares
117 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Why some websites give access to their data through REST APIs?

Quite a lot of websites (glassdoor for example) give access to data about jobs, salaries, etc. through a REST API. So basically I can make an API call, get results and show the data on my website....

asked Oct 14 '13 at 04:54
Blank
Victor
137 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.01K Views
Develop in House vs Integrate

We're working on a mobile application that provides location based services like cinemas nearby, places, events and deals. I need to decide from now and then, whether to integrate with an API to...

asked Jun 27 '12 at 20:45
Blank
Yehia A.Salam
131 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Travel website - 3rd Party Data Integration

I'm creating a travel website that lets users select points of interest for a particular city (a restaurant, museum, etc.). These records are to be displayed on a google map as markers. This I've...

asked Jun 6 '12 at 20:59
Blank
Iamjonesy
129 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Automating Business Owner Validation/Verification

We are looking for a way to validate that the person who creates an account has the ability to speak for the business in question. (Only U.S. based businesses for now.) And we are looking for ways...

asked Apr 23 '12 at 07:44
Blank
Local Pc Guy
99 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
search crunchbase for companies which received over 1MM in funding?

I would like to get an insight into which are the most important startups at the moment. can I get a list of all crunchbase companies which received over a specific ammount in funding. I now...

API
asked Mar 31 '12 at 23:06
Blank
Ryan
147 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.45K Views
how does Billguard or Mint.com get the data from banks? Do banks have some open API?

How is it possible to get the data from the banks? Did they go and talk to each bank and convinced the bank to open a API for them? Or do banks have this API already that they are using and you can...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 01:20
Blank
Ryan
147 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
How to find 3rd party app developers for our API?

My company is developing a web application and we are about to release a developers API soon. We would like to promote our API to 3rd party developers so that they develop their own applications...

API
asked Feb 23 '12 at 20:32
Blank
Ita
81 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
How should I launch an API demo as an MVP?

I have an API that I would like to launch as an MVP, to gauge market interest. It extracts keywords from text. Goals: Acquire users on my mailing list, so I can market other products and...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 18:22
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Channels to marketing an API-as-a-product to developers

My company provides a set of API for accessing telecommunication services (kind of like Twilio). The target customers are web developers. They could be indie developers, or companies. What are...

asked Dec 14 '11 at 14:00
Blank
Samwize
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Building a service around external APIs

I am thinking about building a service around some other company APIs. However, prior of diving into some code, I would like to evaluate all the strategic aspects of such a "one way...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 09:38
Blank
Leonid Mirsky
25 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Can I give Google Analytics data to my customers?

Can I give Google Analytics data from the API as a free gift feature to my customers that are paying for a monthly subscription service? Or would this be outside of Googles terms of service.

asked Jul 30 '11 at 21:36
Blank
Daxon
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Security-as-a-Service API business model

We're a small startup company in the web security space. In a nutshell, we have developed a unique approach to scan and detect web threats. After much consideration, we have decided to welcome the...

asked May 3 '11 at 22:32
Blank
Marek.B
9 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Is there any issue if my service APIs are very similar to my competitors

We have a web service and offer APIs for customers to integrate and create other customizations. Since following ReSTful design, we found our design eventually are so much alike our competitors. If...

asked May 5 '11 at 08:06
Blank
Steve
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.88K Views
Hotel booking data

Where do the many hotel booking websites get their hotel data? ie. # of free rooms within certain dates, price per night, etc. Is it possible to get the data somewhere and handle booking myself,...

asked Dec 21 '10 at 09:32
Blank
Ben
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.43K Views
Free ESPs (Email Service Providers) for Tax Exempt Non-Profit organizations?

My Tax Exempt 501(c)(3)non-profit organization is launching a new web application. We will be generating large amounts of emails between our users. We estimate that we will be sending and receiving...

asked Oct 16 '10 at 11:43
Blank
John Kramlich
108 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
5.19K Views
Facebook API policy about storing user data

recently more and more apps appear that retrieve data from Facebook and store it in some form for further processing...

asked Feb 19 '10 at 20:25
Blank
Michal Slocinski
28 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.14K Views
Google APIs - what's the story with their licensing?

My new build package features a link with Google maps. However, having had a look at their terms and conditions, I am unsure exactly where I stand with integrating their tools within my chargeable...

asked Jan 31 '10 at 04:45
Blank
Dr. Phil
86 points