Validation Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
How to get objective feedback when speaking to potential customers?

I'm trying to validate our idea by talking to potential customers. What kind of questions should we be asking in order to get objective answers?If I were to ask: "How make xyz that helps you with...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Sarita Gamino
9 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.85K Views
Should you charge before building an enterprise product with a client?

Have an idea for a claims management application. I got one company who is in the selection process amongst other such software but they want to work with me to build something from ground up. I...

asked May 11 '14 at 18:59
Blank
Jo K
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
How did YOU validate your startup idea?

There are a lot of threads here on ways to validate your idea, but I would love to heard directly on what founders did to validate theirs.So, for your current startup, how did you validate it?

asked Apr 8 '14 at 18:10
Blank
Arturo Park
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Biggest telltale sign an idea is bad prior to validation stage?

When you're just brainstorming ideas, what are some signs that an idea should be scrapped right away before even spending time trying to validate it?

asked Mar 28 '14 at 16:58
Blank
Edward Burton
7 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.73K Views
How can you validate a business idea, while in stealth-mode?

I'm in very early stages of pursuing a business idea I really like. Usually I think being stealthy is a bad idea, but since the development stage will take a very long time I prefer to stay quiet,...

asked Mar 27 '14 at 00:31
Blank
LaserBear
100 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
When is a startup idea considered successfully validated?

Based on what metrics would you consider a startup idea to be validated?Number of people willing you give you money in advance? What if you aren't validating the idea by charging people (maybe you...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 10:12
Blank
Charles Slattery
5 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
9.78K Views
Validating a business idea inexpensively and fast?

How can I validate a business idea in the quickest way possible with the smallest amount of money as possible? I have a ton of ideas in my head that I would like to pursue and would like to reduce...

asked Feb 11 '14 at 15:26
Blank
Dominick Thomas
56 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
How to contact app reviewers of a different app for feedback?

I am developing an Android app which would be competing with a few different apps in the same space and I see a few bad comments on the competitors' apps. I am seeking advice and insight on what...

asked Sep 23 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Ayrton Senna
124 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
What are the details of a magStripe (on credit cards) read by ATMs to verify the card?

I'm a developer, interested in developing a mobile app related to ATMs which would have virtual credit cards. I've been trying to find a way how card details are validated by ATMs, hence needed to...

asked Sep 6 '13 at 00:36
Blank
Hasitha
101 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.93K Views
How to validate an app idea using landing page?

I have an app idea that I believe has a real potential. Since I am going to bootstrap it, I want to only invest in development + marketing after idea validation. Following is my plan for...

asked Aug 17 '13 at 16:53
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.73K Views
How do I validate an iPhone or iPad app idea for restaurants?

I have an iPhone/iPad app idea for which I can build an MVP pretty quickly (about a week or two at most). My target customers are local restaurants. How do I approach local restaurants to validate...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 09:16
Blank
Russell
180 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Is sending email a good way to validate an idea with developer companies

So I have built a prototype and I want to validate the idea. Basically it is a social media data mining tool for developers to get feedback for their apps. We retrieve unstructured data from...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 09:51
Blank
Woojah
113 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Should a great project to solve one problem become a start-up?

Some time back, I set out to solve a specific problem: How can I help people who haven't met yet collaborate to create great ideas ahead of weekend startup events?I couldn't find a site out there...

asked Oct 25 '12 at 03:15
Blank
Jeremy Parsons
5,197 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.55K Views
A content website MVP?

I'm considering a startup which at its core is a content website; however I'd like to validate the idea before I invest too much of my time into it. That being said I'm not completely sure how I...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 12:43
Blank
Nick Budden
129 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
How could I validate a product that saves large SaaS biz money on bandwith?

My business idea deals with compressing the traffic coming out of web apps to the client. I can show the bandwidth differences with and without my software. How do I know validate if companies...

asked Sep 30 '12 at 12:42
Blank
New Alexandria
221 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Automating Business Owner Validation/Verification

We are looking for a way to validate that the person who creates an account has the ability to speak for the business in question. (Only U.S. based businesses for now.) And we are looking for ways...

asked Apr 23 '12 at 07:44
Blank
Local Pc Guy
99 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.02K Views
What is the right way to test an idea using a landing page?

I know there is a method to test your product idea using a landing page that describes your product, and asks for the user to enter his email if he would like to register for the beta. Then there...

asked Apr 2 '12 at 04:55
Blank
Meir
238 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.41K Views
Idea Validation ideas

What are some good ways to do low level idea validation before you get into the thick of developing a business concept? In other words, I am trying to find a system to prevent my habit of chasing...

asked Apr 4 '12 at 09:52
Blank
Amin Brodie
39 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
validating assumptions for MVP and acquiring small business customers

We offer a SAAS and I am at the stage where we have a MVP and are looking to validate our assumptions which is that small shop owners will make more revenue by using our system. Our target...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 02:44
Blank
User15995
42 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
How can I get to product-market fit?

Context: I've been reading up on lean startups for a year and have been flailing unsuccessfully trying to launch one. It's been a tough go, but I have gained a lot of validated learning through my...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 05:23
Blank
Hart
21 points