Ideas Questions

7 Votes
11 Answers
4.11K Views
Should I trust software development companies from Asia?

There are lots of sites around the internet that offer cheap labour from an offshore location. What do you think about using this type of site to speed up your local business? Is it a good idea?...

asked May 5 '11 at 02:46
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
13.4K Views
How Do I Prevent Someone From Stealing My Idea On KickStarter

I have a great idea for a new product and I am thinking about launching it on Kickstarter, but I have one major problem. I am afraid that someone will steal my product and/or accuse me of stealing...

asked Jan 31 '13 at 07:27
Blank
Annonomus Person
204 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
6.12K Views
How would you start finding business ideas? ("pain" that businesses or customers experience)?

This is for someone who is perfectly positioned to start a business (IT graduate, no expenses, saving all of his money, living at home and unchallenged at work). BUT.... he doesn't have any...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 15:30
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.79K Views
Raised $500K from angel investors: if startup doesn't work, can we start a new company with those funds?

I guess the common term for this in the valley would be to pivot.If we raised money from angel investors, and it turned out the startup isn't going to succeed, could we pivot the company to a...

asked Jun 15 '14 at 19:13
Blank
Kent Campbell
17 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Marketing a software product to new lawyers, when their industry shows mass unemployment?

I am creating a SaaS software product that targets brand new law graduates. But statistics show that law schools are churning out TWICE as many lawyers than there is demand.So that means half of...

asked Jun 24 '14 at 22:10
Blank
Violet Hall
12 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
How to get objective feedback when speaking to potential customers?

I'm trying to validate our idea by talking to potential customers. What kind of questions should we be asking in order to get objective answers?If I were to ask: "How make xyz that helps you with...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Sarita Gamino
9 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.62K Views
Actionable ways to create a company culture where everyone believes more in the idea than getting a paycheck?

What are some actionable things a founder does to create a company culture where people are motivated by the vision, and not just getting paid?Also, what are some resources you'd recommend reading...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 19:25
Blank
Bernard Childs
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Is there a market for providing an API to UPC barcode data?

I have a huge database of UPC barcodes and their corresponding products (name, photo of the product, some specs).Do you think there might be a market to provide a paid API access to this data?

asked Jun 30 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Michael Hall
14 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.28K Views
How to motivate a co-founder that is starting to lose interest?

Apart from a heart to heart talk, what else could one do to keep motivating their co-founders to be most productive and not lose interest in the vision?

asked Jul 2 '14 at 00:12
Blank
Daniel Lynch
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Selling cakes online. Is it a viable business and are there regulations against it?

Are there any regulations that I would need to adhere to if I wanted to bake and sell cakes online? I would only be shipping within the United States and offering the product at a premium price...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 22:25
Blank
Pablo Webb
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Is this a good idea: a site that ousts bad business practices?

There are a lot of companies whose bad business practices get ousted but don't reach mainstream press. And consumers are the ones that get the short end of the stick.Would it be a good idea to...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:29
Blank
Fletcher Bolt
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Idea: 3d printing server for Kickstarter campaigns to create their prototypes?

What are your thoughts on this idea:People who create Kickstarter campaigns sometimes need a dummy prototype (looks like the final product, but isn't functional).Would there be a market for this? I...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 13:27
Blank
Edwin Risner
14 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.91K Views
I have an idea and made the MVP! How can I get fund and commercialize it?

I have an idea and made a working proof of concept (MVP). Its a solution for organizing data and could be used in from Enterprise Digital Assets Management systems to home computers.I am looking...

asked Aug 9 '14 at 10:18
Blank
Shahab
6 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.99K Views
My startup idea is already being done and being done for free. How can I compete with free?

I'll be honest, I'm not interested in offering a free service. I plan on offering a valuable service thats trusted and easy to use. After wondering about my idea that I've been building for the...

asked Jan 14 '15 at 19:27
Blank
User34223
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.63K Views
I get a ton of startup ideas. How to decide which one to work on?

I'm constantly getting startup ideas. It's always been a problem for me as I often lose focus on the current project and want to jump ship onto the next idea which has me excited.How can I decide...

asked May 1 '15 at 11:57
Blank
Kristen Becker
12 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.44K Views
What are some recession proof business on the web?

Offline there are tons of local businesses which are known to be recession proof (ex: laundromats). What are some web equivalent verticals that would qualify?

asked May 19 '15 at 22:25
Blank
Britt Aaron
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
What are some online business to start that deal with recovery from natural disasters?

What are some types of businesses that can started that help cities recover from natural disasters while at the same time generate some revenue?The only one that really exists like now is something...

asked Jun 8 '15 at 09:55
Blank
Paul Card
12 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.57K Views
Is it possible to compete with Facebook with a new social network?

Facebook seems to have become too commercialized for their own good. I would love to build a new social network that gets back to the basics, but not sure if it will be worth it.Considering how...

asked Jun 12 '15 at 12:42
Blank
Chester Trujillo
14 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
32.9K Views
Making money from Improving existing products

If I come up with an improvement to an existing product, how do I protect myself when sharing it, and get some of the revenues the idea generates? There are many times when I look at an existing...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 16:10
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
3.78K Views
What is the key to securing a large investment in a project? How much should I offer the investor in return for his risk?

Let's say all of the following conditions are true: I have the connections needed to get audience with multiple multi-millionaires, although I, myself, am not one. I have, in concept, designed a...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 03:01
Blank
Jonathan Todd
28 points