Ideas Questions

7 Votes
6 Answers
8.47K Views
How Do I Prevent Someone From Stealing My Idea On KickStarter

I have a great idea for a new product and I am thinking about launching it on Kickstarter, but I have one major problem. I am afraid that someone will steal my product and/or accuse me of stealing...

3 Votes
0 Answers
1.73K Views
VCs always say they invest in teams, not ideas. So should the pitch be mostly about the team's experience?

Every VC and funded startup says that venture capitalists invest in the team, not the idea.By that logic, shouldn't your pitch mostly be about the team's experience?Also, How can you highlight your...

asked May 7 '14 at 13:25
Blank
Denise Crabill
16 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.11K Views
How would you start finding business ideas? ("pain" that businesses or customers experience)?

This is for someone who is perfectly positioned to start a business (IT graduate, no expenses, saving all of his money, living at home and unchallenged at work). BUT.... he doesn't have any...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 15:30
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.1K Views
What are some startup ideas that are working in other countries but have not arrived here in the US?

What are some business ideas that are working in other countries but have yet to be launched here in the United States?

asked Jun 6 '14 at 17:59
Blank

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
Startup roleplay: you are given $20K to start a business. What business would you start and how would you use the money?

I thought it would be fun to bounce ideas off other entrepreneurs here by creating a roleplaying game.You are given a $20,000 loan, interest free from friends and family.What business would you...

asked May 20 '15 at 17:57
Blank
Janie Parrish
14 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Raised $500K from angel investors: if startup doesn't work, can we start a new company with those funds?

I guess the common term for this in the valley would be to pivot.If we raised money from angel investors, and it turned out the startup isn't going to succeed, could we pivot the company to a...

asked Jun 15 '14 at 19:13
Blank
Kent Campbell
17 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to compete in a commodity business like T-shirts?

Selling t-shirts online has pretty much become a commodity. There are hundreds of new sites that try to sell t-shirts with cool designs. Some focus on the artwork, others focus on a story behind...

asked Jun 18 '14 at 01:43
Blank
Deborah Reed
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Old-school industries ripe for disruption?

Simple is doing great a fresh new way of doing banking -- an old industry with arcane practices and customer dissatisfaction.What other such industries are there that have: Age old practices that...

asked Jun 24 '14 at 17:41
Blank
Noella Ramirez
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Marketing a software product to new lawyers, when their industry shows mass unemployment?

I am creating a SaaS software product that targets brand new law graduates. But statistics show that law schools are churning out TWICE as many lawyers than there is demand.So that means half of...

1 Votes
3 Answers
How to get objective feedback when speaking to potential customers?

I'm trying to validate our idea by talking to potential customers. What kind of questions should we be asking in order to get objective answers?If I were to ask: "How make xyz that helps you with...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Sarita Gamino
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How would you compete with Uber if you were to start a similar service?

Hypothetically speaking, if you were to start a service like Uber, how would you compete with them?What would you do differently in order to stand out?

asked Jun 27 '14 at 14:58
Blank
Leroy Greene
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Actionable ways to create a company culture where everyone believes more in the idea than getting a paycheck?

What are some actionable things a founder does to create a company culture where people are motivated by the vision, and not just getting paid?Also, what are some resources you'd recommend reading...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 19:25
Blank
Bernard Childs
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Is there a market for providing an API to UPC barcode data?

I have a huge database of UPC barcodes and their corresponding products (name, photo of the product, some specs).Do you think there might be a market to provide a paid API access to this data?

asked Jun 30 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Michael Hall
14 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.36K Views
How to motivate a co-founder that is starting to lose interest?

Apart from a heart to heart talk, what else could one do to keep motivating their co-founders to be most productive and not lose interest in the vision?

asked Jul 2 '14 at 00:12
Blank
Daniel Lynch
12 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Where do companies like WhatRunsWhere get their data?

I'm looking to build something similar for our in-house marketing campaigns and having a tough time figuring out how they do it.Basically, companies like WhatRunsWhere, AdBeat, and MixRank let you...

asked Jul 2 '14 at 01:25
Blank
Alicia Karg
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Selling cakes online. Is it a viable business and are there regulations against it?

Are there any regulations that I would need to adhere to if I wanted to bake and sell cakes online? I would only be shipping within the United States and offering the product at a premium price...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 22:25
Blank
Pablo Webb
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Is this a good idea: a site that ousts bad business practices?

There are a lot of companies whose bad business practices get ousted but don't reach mainstream press. And consumers are the ones that get the short end of the stick.Would it be a good idea to...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:29
Blank
Fletcher Bolt
2 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Is there an effective process or system for organizing data and ideas that can become a tangible product?

I want to start a niche site based on educating people. I started with this idea and has been working on it for quite sometime (several months), I was reading more books, articles and gathered more...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 17:11
Blank
Crane
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
Idea: 3d printing server for Kickstarter campaigns to create their prototypes?

What are your thoughts on this idea:People who create Kickstarter campaigns sometimes need a dummy prototype (looks like the final product, but isn't functional).Would there be a market for this? I...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 13:27
Blank
Edwin Risner
14 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
1.26K Views
I have $10K, programming, and some design skills. What business can I start?

I am a Python developer (web applications) who has some decent design skills as well. I also have $10K in savings that I can use to invest in a new venture.The only thing I lack is a good idea to...

asked Jul 16 '14 at 20:59
Blank
David Schwab
6 points