Tactics Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
Is this a good idea: a site that ousts bad business practices?

There are a lot of companies whose bad business practices get ousted but don't reach mainstream press. And consumers are the ones that get the short end of the stick.Would it be a good idea to...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:29
Blank
Fletcher Bolt
2 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.76K Views
Using Open Source software as a marketing tactic?

Is it a good idea to offer a less featured version of your software as open source as a marketing strategy? It obviously has worked well for companies like MySQL and wondering if it could work for...

asked Sep 9 '14 at 15:42
Blank
Glenda Gregory
12 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
How can I build up a new McKinsey in a niche field?

I would like to build a new consulting company like McKinsey. I do have a significant competitive advantage, (based on software) in a niche field, and now I need advice on how to start creating a...

asked May 27 '11 at 05:58
Blank
David
1,567 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
What kind of software could be sold to a large company in one week?

In my experience, it takes around a year to sell software to a large company. I have seen it getting done in three months, but it is very seldom. Therefore, my question is whether you know of any...

asked May 23 '11 at 04:50
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Do you think there is a black hat behind every marketing success?

As much as we try to do good in and through business, I have a growing suspicion that behind every successful marketing strategies, there is a fair amount of black hat tactics (pick your own...

asked Mar 25 '10 at 12:00
Blank
G Rex
683 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.74K Views
What has been the most surprising challenge of doing a start up?

What is the one single challenge that has surprised you the most about doing a start up and what strategies and tactics did you execute to overcome this challenge?

asked Feb 26 '10 at 14:15
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points