Selling Questions

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.01K Views
Hiring sales people on just commission for a B2B SaaS product?

Is it possible to hire sales people for a B2B SaaS company that work solely on commissions? If we were to offer them 50% of sales (which is a gigantic amount considering most companies offer 2% to...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 15:13
Blank
Joseph Key
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
What if your customers ask how much your software costs you to make?

We have built a white-label forum software that we license to B2B customers for internal use. One question that sometimes comes up during the sales cycle is: "How much does it cost you to...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:12
Blank
Melvin Burdette
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Selling cakes online. Is it a viable business and are there regulations against it?

Are there any regulations that I would need to adhere to if I wanted to bake and sell cakes online? I would only be shipping within the United States and offering the product at a premium price...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 22:25
Blank
Pablo Webb
14 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.35K Views
How to get initial good reviews on Amazon for your products?

I'm a third party seller on Amazon with my own unique products. As such, there are no reviews for my products when I launch them.What are some ways to get the first 10-15 positive reviews? I have a...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 21:56
Blank
Richard Hollis
16 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Selling company to get rid of other equity holders and then buying the company back to own it 100%?

Is it legal to sell your company in order to get rid of minority shareholders and then buy the company back yourself? In order to own 100% of the company the second time around.I have already tried...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 18:29
Blank

2 Votes
1 Answers
Marketplaces to sell a site apart from Flippa?

Are there any good marketplaces to sell a high quality site which generates over $5,000 a month in revenue?Flippa seems to be the only one I've come across, but most of the sites listed on there...

asked Jun 15 '15 at 10:13
Blank
Eric Siler
12 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
3.23K Views
Windows - Where to sell a desktop application?

I'm currently working on a productivity desktop application for Windows and Mac. For the Mac version I will distribute it through the Mac App Store. What is the most popular place to sell a...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 05:03
Blank
James
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Buying inventory vs drop shipping for a first eCommerce store?

I have a blog that I want to monetize by offering relevant products for purchase to the readers. I've tried affiliate programs but the merchants keep most of the profits -- I'd like to cut out both...

asked May 25 '14 at 16:58
Blank
Richard Perez
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Entire sales process when selling to enterprise clients?

What does a full sales cycle look like when selling a SaaS solution to enterprise clients?Here is what I think is how it works: Try to find a decision maker at the company. Try to contact that...

asked May 22 '14 at 18:28
Blank
Sheryl Chung
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Process of selling a domain name?

What's the standard procedure for selling a domain name once you find a buyer and settle on a price?Should the buyer send the money first (or half the funds) and then you transfer the domain and...

asked May 21 '14 at 16:57
Blank
Minnie Chavez
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Should you make an intro video for your startup even though most visitors don't usually see it?

Is it worth spending money making a video explaining your startup on your homepage? Most startups have a short 1 minute video on their homepage that explains what their business does. Yet only a...

asked May 9 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Thomas Colgan
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How to sell medical devices to hospitals?

What is the process of selling a new medical device to hospitals? I have an idea for an improvement over a common device. Getting it manufactured is easy. But I'm not sure how to go about selling it.

asked May 8 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Lawrence Hughes
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
Differences in B2B and B2C sales?

Up until now, I've also launched products that are B2C. A gaming reviews site that also sold consoles and an e-commerce that drop shipping consumer electronics.I'm starting my first venture in the...

asked May 5 '14 at 13:40
Blank
Willie Homan
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Sales people: How do you overcome the feeling of potentially wasting leads?

It's easier for other professions, like programming, where you have unlimited chances. If your code isn't right, you can correct it. With sales, that isn't the case.In sales you only get one try...

asked Apr 14 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Benito Smith
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Selling to enterprises: how to deal with "your solution is out of our budget" negotiation tactic?

We sell a SaaS solution to enterprise clients that has a long sales cycle. I often see companies use the "your solution is out of our budget" tactic to keep on negotiating lower rates. This is...

asked Apr 9 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Robert Gutierrez
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
B2B physical product: charge for samples or provide them for free?

I'm starting a business similar to Zazzle, but geared more towards B2B products. The sales process is unfamiliar territory for me.What should I do if companies ask for samples? Should I charge for...

asked Apr 4 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Jorge Bolton
14 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Process for selling a SaaS product to government agencies?

I would like to pursue an idea for a software product targeted at government agencies. It's a real problem and a real solution to that issue that will improve their processes.What is the process of...

asked Mar 17 '14 at 19:43
Blank
David Owens
20 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Strategies for selling themes on ThemeForest?

What are some tips and tricks to get more sales of your themes on ThemeForest?I'm building a few HTML and a couple of responsive Wordpress themes to list on there.The competition is tough and this...

asked Mar 6 '14 at 04:12
Blank
Lisa Yamaguchi
20 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
Best ways to market an ebook?

I'm almost done writing my first digital product, an ebook about how best to hire engineers for startups.What would you say are the top 3 ways to go about selling this ebook?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 00:17
Blank
Edward Deal
30 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
One-man operation trying to get enterprise clients. Any advice?

I'm a solo developer building a SaaS app that targets the enterprise market.How can I get over any hurdles to sell to them? I'm guessing that large corporations won't like buying software from a...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 12:36
Blank
Lora Mc Intyre
55 points