Selling Questions

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.77K Views
Advice on selling source code so it can be used to create a white label site

I have a product that I created originally as a SaaS solution, but since I was in a market filled with better funded competitors, I decided to change direction and target software developers...

asked Oct 1 '13 at 21:51
Blank
Tomasmcguinness
114 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.21K Views
What if your customers ask how much your software costs you to make?

We have built a white-label forum software that we license to B2B customers for internal use. One question that sometimes comes up during the sales cycle is: "How much does it cost you to...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:12
Blank
Melvin Burdette
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Selling cakes online. Is it a viable business and are there regulations against it?

Are there any regulations that I would need to adhere to if I wanted to bake and sell cakes online? I would only be shipping within the United States and offering the product at a premium price...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 22:25
Blank
Pablo Webb
14 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.43K Views
How to get initial good reviews on Amazon for your products?

I'm a third party seller on Amazon with my own unique products. As such, there are no reviews for my products when I launch them.What are some ways to get the first 10-15 positive reviews? I have a...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 21:56
Blank
Richard Hollis
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Marketplaces to sell a site apart from Flippa?

Are there any good marketplaces to sell a high quality site which generates over $5,000 a month in revenue?Flippa seems to be the only one I've come across, but most of the sites listed on there...

asked Jun 15 '15 at 10:13
Blank
Eric Siler
12 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
8.53K Views
Windows - Where to sell a desktop application?

I'm currently working on a productivity desktop application for Windows and Mac. For the Mac version I will distribute it through the Mac App Store. What is the most popular place to sell a...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 05:03
Blank
James
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Buying inventory vs drop shipping for a first eCommerce store?

I have a blog that I want to monetize by offering relevant products for purchase to the readers. I've tried affiliate programs but the merchants keep most of the profits -- I'd like to cut out both...

asked May 25 '14 at 16:58
Blank
Richard Perez
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Entire sales process when selling to enterprise clients?

What does a full sales cycle look like when selling a SaaS solution to enterprise clients?Here is what I think is how it works: Try to find a decision maker at the company. Try to contact that...

asked May 22 '14 at 18:28
Blank
Sheryl Chung
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Should you make an intro video for your startup even though most visitors don't usually see it?

Is it worth spending money making a video explaining your startup on your homepage? Most startups have a short 1 minute video on their homepage that explains what their business does. Yet only a...

asked May 9 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Thomas Colgan
2 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Sales people: How do you overcome the feeling of potentially wasting leads?

It's easier for other professions, like programming, where you have unlimited chances. If your code isn't right, you can correct it. With sales, that isn't the case.In sales you only get one try...

asked Apr 14 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Benito Smith
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Selling to enterprises: how to deal with "your solution is out of our budget" negotiation tactic?

We sell a SaaS solution to enterprise clients that has a long sales cycle. I often see companies use the "your solution is out of our budget" tactic to keep on negotiating lower rates. This is...

asked Apr 9 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Robert Gutierrez
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
B2B physical product: charge for samples or provide them for free?

I'm starting a business similar to Zazzle, but geared more towards B2B products. The sales process is unfamiliar territory for me.What should I do if companies ask for samples? Should I charge for...

asked Apr 4 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Jorge Bolton
14 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
Best ways to market an ebook?

I'm almost done writing my first digital product, an ebook about how best to hire engineers for startups.What would you say are the top 3 ways to go about selling this ebook?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 00:17
Blank
Edward Deal
30 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
How to figure out pricing structure for SaaS product?

What are some ways to workout how much to charge people?How many packages are usually optimal?Should you show prices upfront for all packages or have people fill out a short form to call /email...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 17:07
Blank
James Rumph
20 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Biggest problem companies have hiring sales people?

What would you say is the biggest friction point in hiring good sales people that can sell well?

asked Feb 24 '14 at 20:33
Blank
Shaina Mc Cullough
10 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Learning how to sell SaaS to enterprise clients?

I am the technical co-founder of my startup with some marketing experience (AdWords, SEO). What should I learn on how to sell software to enterprise clients?Our current customer base is mainly...

asked Feb 18 '14 at 08:54
Blank
Daryl Marks
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Valuation for SaaS product

My company has an online software as a service product that is subscription based (yearly) and when first launched, 3-years ago, has been more than doubling in revenue each year (in 2009, $2K, and...

asked May 1 '11 at 09:55
Blank
Phil
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
How can indie software house reduce/avoid support and refunds?

I would like to sell desktop software online, but I have very limited resources and can't always give 100% support to the customers. I am worried about how customers might react to poor support...

asked Nov 2 '13 at 04:07
Blank
Rambodash
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How can I work out how much my mobile app is worth from these earning figures?

A CEO of a bigger company has contact me today asking if I am interesting in selling my Android application. He is asking for the numbers straight away and how much I want to sell it for. The app...

asked Oct 16 '13 at 01:06
Blank
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
What shopsystems do customers usually trust?

I have recently finished an ebook which I now plan to sell. So far I am going to use CreateSpace and plan to support Leanpub.com. Later I plan to publish more e-books. In a few blog posts I read...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 23:19
Blank
Christian
3,590 points