Ebook Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
Best ways to market an ebook?

I'm almost done writing my first digital product, an ebook about how best to hire engineers for startups.What would you say are the top 3 ways to go about selling this ebook?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 00:17
Blank
Edward Deal
30 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Selling ebooks on iTunes - not US resident

I decided to sell my ebook on iTunes and searched for it. I read official faq and found out that I needed a US Tax ID (EIN, I think). Then, I searched for it and found out that I needed an ITIN...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 21:23
Blank
Noway
192 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.81K Views
Do I need ISSN or ISBN?

I run a company that sells online language-learning applications. I thought that I could also sell e-books. My question is - do I in the UK have to register for ISBN or ISSN? Is this obligatory, or...

asked Mar 12 '12 at 02:16
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

7 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
What are the key factors of a product launch strategy for an e-book?

I'm about to finish writing an e-book that will introduce children to programming. I'm at the point where I'm thinking through the elements of launching a site and marketing the ebook. As I've...

asked Apr 17 '11 at 12:01
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Best marketing channel to distribute an ebook?

What is the best marketing channel to distribute an ebook? Let's assume I know how to promote the ebook, and merely want to choose a marketing channel. Should I sell it through a middleman like...

asked Jun 25 '10 at 06:27
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Should publishers and/or Amazon/Barnes&Noble subsidize e-books?

I just got my kindle and already bought several books. I hear from most people who bought it that they do in fact buy a lot of books once they get it. It's a simple as buying music in the iTunes...

asked Jan 27 '10 at 19:52
Blank
Thom Pete
1,296 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
How do I turn a word doc into a polished looking guide / ebook?

I have a 20ish page guide in a word doc that I want laid out as a polished looking pdf, with a table of contents and nice headers /footers/ margins/ headings/ subheadings and fonts . I want it...

asked Nov 14 '09 at 13:57
Blank
Adam
446 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.25K Views
How does one find an illustrator?

On one hand we have designers readily available, people we can hire to create something with direction or concepts already available. On the other hand, we have sites like 99 Designs and...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 10:26
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Tool for publishing an eBook?

I was wondering, does anyone know of any good ebook writer / providers out there for self publishing? For example, I want to be able to write the book and publish in pdf/html on the site, or...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 11:57
Blank
Furtivefelon
111 points