Distribution Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.87K Views
Best way to deal with co-founder who has second thoughts about equity split a year into the startup?

A year into a startup, your product is built and you have some traction. You see signs of growing discontent in your co-founder so you confront him to see what's up. And then he drops an issue I...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 05:02
Blank
Jared B.
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.48K Views
How do I add a new business partner?

We are a tech consulting company and our current group consists of four equity partners. We are interested in adding a new "business" partner, as our current partners are all technical, but we know...

asked Apr 27 '13 at 06:31
Blank
Bd2x
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Should we be turning down software resellers?

We get emailed nearly daily from various software reselling companies around the world. They generally enquire as to the cost of 1 - 5 units of our software, and we generally turn down these...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 22:31
Blank
Tom
480 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.64K Views
S-Corporation Filing an extension with profits

So, you have a S-Corporation with profits, there's an ownership dispute with a court date in May, after the filing date of March 15th. Should the S-Corporation file an extension? So normally,...

asked Jan 13 '13 at 12:54
Blank
N L
18 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
SaaS company incentives

We run a Enterprise SaaS company. Monthly, we pay our salesmen and distributors a commission upon their clients sales. I'm afraid we're not giving incentives to software development, hardware...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 07:08
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.56K Views
Distributing software in magazine for free worth it?

One if not the biggest computer magazine for consumers in my country has approached us with the offer to do a thorough workshop of our consumer software. In exchange they want to distribute the...

asked Dec 12 '12 at 18:19
Blank
Amenti
167 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
Problem involving ownership ratio and profit distribution

I'd like to ask for some help, it's basically a math problem, but I'm not sure if there's only one solution: In April 2011 two friends and I bought a bar. Each of us owns 1/3 of the bar. It's a...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 00:08
Blank
Johnny Bigoode
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Startup Equity Distribution / Investor Equity

Thanks for taking time to read my post and sorry for the loaded questions -- please read patiently to help me. Here is the scenario: Founder has the startup idea vetted 3.5 years ago -- but never...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 17:55
Blank
Sandra Mistry
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.05K Views
Online Meeting Software for a Startup

There are 5 other members in the startup and they work in different locations. We are looking for online meeting software suitable for a small distributed workforce. It has to support at least...

asked Jan 21 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Ryan Rho
53 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Ownership/Equity Distribution on Fashion Startup?

My Friend (a graphic designer/production manager) is a 33% partner in a manufacturing company with 2 investors (spilt 33% among the 3). Right now they are manufacturing for outside clothing...

asked Dec 24 '11 at 03:01
Blank
Stacey Jackson
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
Incorporate C corp in US for a purpose of distribution / reseller

My company in Hong Kong is selling handphone accessories. We also have an online store. Because we have increasing customers in US, we are thinking to incorporate a company in US. This is to...

asked Dec 16 '11 at 14:12
Blank
Paul12
18 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
I have a product--how do I distribute?

I have a product that I would like to distribute through National Retailers. I have already found it a success in local markets (craft shows, fairs) however, I am thinking about increasing the...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 15:21
Blank
Kaman
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Is there any mobile app distribution service?

Due to country restrictions and bureaucracy, I can't sell apps on Android Market and Apple Appstore. There are music distribution services like TuneCore and CD Baby that place your music on...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 13:04
Blank
Jeff
58 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
How to market and distribute an app targeted to small retailers

In the planning stage of building an app with a monthly subscription element targeted to small business merchants having 1 - 10 retail venues. Looking for any advice on a go to market strategy to...

asked Jul 17 '11 at 22:21
Blank
Dani
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
First time selling indirect, need advice!

I am slowly starting to sell our software through resellers and distributors (one man shops all to way to major Software distributors.) Given my lack of experience, I am wondering what details...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 09:36
Blank
Danny
21 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.06K Views
Equity distribution among Co-Founders Pre-Money

I teamed up with a student at school to help him launch a new business. The student I teamed up with has been running a legacy company for the past two years, which I am also involved in. The new...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 03:35
Blank
Dem
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Finding boxes for a startup

I have a startup operation in the lines of a traditional business. Shipping tangible products to customers. I order the inventory in bulk from factories in China. However, I need to ship orders to...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 13:57
Blank
Stanigator
133 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.99K Views
Need advice on Startup Equity Distribution for a Social Network Website

I an a technical guy, plans to goes full time for a startup to build a social network site, with a friend who is a business guy. Initially, he will work for part-time until our startup is enough to...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 01:42
Blank
Jack
26 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
How to get desktop research tool distributed?

We are in the process of creating a desktop research tool, which will provide snappy access to a wide range of information. Conceptually, this tool is similar to Babylon. How would you go about...

asked May 30 '11 at 21:25
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Start-up Company - Legal Advice and beyond...Where do I go from here?

My question is pretty broad, but I am just wondering the next logical steps to take in establishing and distributing equity in an iOS App Business Startup. What form or document do I would need to...

asked May 24 '11 at 13:47
Blank
Canty Jeffrey
10 points