Distribution Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
How to get big retailers like Amazon and Walmart to buy my product?

How do you get large-scale distribution for your product with stores like Walmart or Amazon? I would like to sell them my product in bulk.

asked Mar 10 '14 at 17:28
Blank
Janet Irons
10 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Best way to deal with co-founder who has second thoughts about equity split a year into the startup?

A year into a startup, your product is built and you have some traction. You see signs of growing discontent in your co-founder so you confront him to see what's up. And then he drops an issue I...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 05:02
Blank
Jared B.
16 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to negotiate with a manufacturer the price of a product that I won't buy and stock but resell by drop shipping?

I want to resell electronic products on my online store exclusively. I will not buy stock, I will ask the manufacturers to dropship to my customers for each online order. Since it is a...

asked Nov 14 '13 at 05:13
Blank
User2534
154 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
The use of forced distribution methods for performance management, are you against it?

I am wondering if I should implement this in my company later on, but I found some controversial informations on internet about this. What do you think about forced distribution methods?

asked Sep 22 '13 at 15:31
Blank

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.19K Views
How do I add a new business partner?

We are a tech consulting company and our current group consists of four equity partners. We are interested in adding a new "business" partner, as our current partners are all technical, but we know...

asked Apr 27 '13 at 06:31
Blank
Bd2x
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Should we be turning down software resellers?

We get emailed nearly daily from various software reselling companies around the world. They generally enquire as to the cost of 1 - 5 units of our software, and we generally turn down these...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 22:31
Blank
Tom
480 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
S-Corporation Filing an extension with profits

So, you have a S-Corporation with profits, there's an ownership dispute with a court date in May, after the filing date of March 15th. Should the S-Corporation file an extension? So normally,...

asked Jan 13 '13 at 12:54
Blank
N L
18 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
SaaS company incentives

We run a Enterprise SaaS company. Monthly, we pay our salesmen and distributors a commission upon their clients sales. I'm afraid we're not giving incentives to software development, hardware...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 07:08
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
S corp distribution income tax rate

I am the sole owner of an S corp and I am the only employee. If I make $100,000/year and I pay myself $50,000 as a salary and the other $50,000 as distribution. How much income tax do I have to pay...

asked Dec 4 '12 at 16:07
Blank
Java Student
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Distributing software in magazine for free worth it?

One if not the biggest computer magazine for consumers in my country has approached us with the offer to do a thorough workshop of our consumer software. In exchange they want to distribute the...

asked Dec 12 '12 at 18:19
Blank
Amenti
167 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
kickstarter for business to business distribution, B2B instead of B2C

I have a technology product that I've created and is ready to be ramped up for distribution. To get interest, funding and presales, kickstarter looks very attractive. My problem is that the...

asked Nov 12 '12 at 08:14
Blank
Cqm
137 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Problem involving ownership ratio and profit distribution

I'd like to ask for some help, it's basically a math problem, but I'm not sure if there's only one solution: In April 2011 two friends and I bought a bar. Each of us owns 1/3 of the bar. It's a...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 00:08
Blank
Johnny Bigoode
103 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Effective way to build up sales channels with low budget

We have a software product to be marketed to Enterprise Level commercial entities. We would like to build some Value Added Reseller and Distributor network with a low budget (unfortunately). What...

asked Jun 15 '12 at 21:31
Blank
Noway
192 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Startup Equity Distribution / Investor Equity

Thanks for taking time to read my post and sorry for the loaded questions -- please read patiently to help me. Here is the scenario: Founder has the startup idea vetted 3.5 years ago -- but never...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 17:55
Blank
Sandra Mistry
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
Online Meeting Software for a Startup

There are 5 other members in the startup and they work in different locations. We are looking for online meeting software suitable for a small distributed workforce. It has to support at least...

asked Jan 21 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Ryan Rho
53 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Ownership/Equity Distribution on Fashion Startup?

My Friend (a graphic designer/production manager) is a 33% partner in a manufacturing company with 2 investors (spilt 33% among the 3). Right now they are manufacturing for outside clothing...

asked Dec 24 '11 at 03:01
Blank
Stacey Jackson
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Incorporate C corp in US for a purpose of distribution / reseller

My company in Hong Kong is selling handphone accessories. We also have an online store. Because we have increasing customers in US, we are thinking to incorporate a company in US. This is to...

asked Dec 16 '11 at 14:12
Blank
Paul12
18 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
I have a product--how do I distribute?

I have a product that I would like to distribute through National Retailers. I have already found it a success in local markets (craft shows, fairs) however, I am thinking about increasing the...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 15:21
Blank
Kaman
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Is there any mobile app distribution service?

Due to country restrictions and bureaucracy, I can't sell apps on Android Market and Apple Appstore. There are music distribution services like TuneCore and CD Baby that place your music on...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 13:04
Blank
Jeff
58 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
How to market and distribute an app targeted to small retailers

In the planning stage of building an app with a monthly subscription element targeted to small business merchants having 1 - 10 retail venues. Looking for any advice on a go to market strategy to...

asked Jul 17 '11 at 22:21
Blank
Dani
11 points