Costs Questions

1 Votes
7 Answers
7.57K Views
Server costs for video startup

I've been going over some of the posts here regarding server costs but couldn't really find any information specific to my needs. I'm planning on creating a mobile app that deals with users...

asked May 21 '12 at 05:40
Blank
Zipper
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.08K Views
Ways to reduce customer acquisition costs?

What are some strategies and tips to reduce customer acquisition costs? Lets assume you have found that SEO, PPC, display ads, and lead generation are the four channels that work best for you. How...

asked May 13 '14 at 14:41
Blank
Heather Thomas
19 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.6K Views
Revenue Models and advertising revenue

I am new to making/managing websites. Infact, I haven't even dipped my toe in yet. I have an idea with a potential client base in Millions(education related). The content is being provided by a...

asked Nov 25 '13 at 07:07
Blank
Bernard
1 point

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
Where to find the cheapest electricity?

Say I wanted to start a business that relies heavily on electricity (though not induction-heavy electricity, like welding or the like would produce, standard electricity used used by computers). A...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 21:54
Blank
The Piachu
113 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.02K Views
Are there any benchmarks for hosting/infrastructure/licensing costs for a SaaS provider?

Does anyone know of benchmarks or comparisons for hosting/software/infrastucture costs for a SaaS startup? We are running at about 3.2% of Gross Revenue and 11% of net revenue. We feel like we are...

asked Sep 15 '11 at 03:15
Blank
Boom Town Tech
101 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Mobile Software Pricing - How do I find the right price?

My startup is developing a mobile web application for an established enterprise ERP/CRM software package. The software is essentially a mobile web application that is installed on the customers...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 20:52
Blank
Andrew
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Finding boxes for a startup

I have a startup operation in the lines of a traditional business. Shipping tangible products to customers. I order the inventory in bulk from factories in China. However, I need to ship orders to...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 13:57
Blank
Stanigator
133 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
What are the variables that I must consider in putting together the accounting and legal fees budget?

I am estimating the total amount I need to spend to get things started the right way, but I can't figure out how much I should allocate for accounting and legal services. My startup will be...

asked Jun 12 '11 at 19:09
Blank
Mario Caropreso
36 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Payroll concerns?

Has anyone used the online payroll system called "SurePayroll"? If so what were the pros and cons? Please tell the good, bad, and the ugly.

asked May 21 '11 at 23:48
Blank
Mc Cants
16 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
How to best project cost of storing and streaming videos?

Cost of streaming video is just so subjective of how much time a particular video gets seen by individuals, because that would impact I/O cost. Whats the best way to project costs in this...

asked Dec 13 '10 at 13:21
Blank
Jewelthief
151 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.81K Views
Is building a web appliation from scratch cost-effective?

I am trying to find the most cost effective approach to building a web application based in PHP. I want to know if using a PHP Framework such as, Social Engine would be best to avoid having to...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 09:26
Blank
Alex
40 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
6.38K Views
Source for average customer acquisition costs by industry or retail category

My partners and I are building a site which provides a unique way for merchants to acquire new customers. To guide the development of our initial pricing strategy, we are looking for some...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 12:02
Blank
Startup Guy
88 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.01K Views
What it takes to be a "nimble" startup?

Having worked in a startup since the mid 1990s, the most evident advancement in starting a co. or launching your idea is that the cost barrier to entry has been drastically lowered. Infrastructure...

asked Feb 27 '10 at 09:20
Blank
Gesco
71 points

5 Votes
11 Answers
3.39K Views
How totally insane would it be for your price to be "whatever you think it's worth"

This is a hosted (zero-install) web application. You create and account and stuff happens. The unattended costs (ignoring tech support, ads, etc) are easy to compute per customer. Here's the idea:...

asked Nov 14 '09 at 07:19
Blank
Jason
16,231 points