Customers Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
How to find enterprise clients for our product?

I am building a B2B SaaS application that I would like to primarily sell to enterprise clients. I'm primarily a "hacker" and very little knowledge of how the sales process works. How can I go about...

asked Jun 6 '14 at 16:43
Blank
Roberto Bunch
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How can a payment startup without VC backing gain initial users?

One of the reasons Stripe was able to get it's initial customers was that it was funded by YCombinator and other VCs. How does a startup in the same space get initial traction without first raising...

asked Jun 13 '14 at 16:11
Blank
Alvera Vasquez
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Would it be too intrusive to SMS customers once a month?

In the signup process for our CRM software, we collect cell phone numbers from customers. Would it be too intrusive to SMS a tip on how to better use the software once/twice a month?They would be...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 14:40
Blank
Jennifer Hillyard
14 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
What is your retention strategy to keep existing customers and minimize churn?

What works best for you in order to minimize churn and keep existing clients from choosing another solution?We currently try to survey all customers once a month and then try to fix the problems...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 22:27
Blank
David Rodgers
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
What if your customers ask how much your software costs you to make?

We have built a white-label forum software that we license to B2B customers for internal use. One question that sometimes comes up during the sales cycle is: "How much does it cost you to...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:12
Blank
Melvin Burdette
14 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
How to get objective feedback when speaking to potential customers?

I'm trying to validate our idea by talking to potential customers. What kind of questions should we be asking in order to get objective answers?If I were to ask: "How make xyz that helps you with...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Sarita Gamino
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.4K Views
SaaS pricing: many smaller customers paying $x or a few customers paying $x,xxx? Which is better?

We are in a unique SaaS segment which has few competitors. In terms of pricing our plans, is it better to charge a premium (and get fewer customers) or price them low and potentially get a large...

asked May 1 '15 at 12:29
Blank
Bruce Wigington
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.23K Views
How to reach out to smaller companies that aren't based online?

My upcoming business has a side project that requires reaching out to small businesses that do not currently have an online presence. Initially I was hoping to achieve this manually by looking...

asked Jun 1 '15 at 14:49
Blank
Reece Matthews
76 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
1.42K Views
How do you get more users to your website?

I started a website about a month ago just as a side project for fun. It was initially a project for me to try out some new learned features and techniques in Ruby on Rails. Albeit, I started to...

asked Aug 18 '13 at 21:25
Blank
Apane101
106 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
Ways to reduce customer acquisition costs?

What are some strategies and tips to reduce customer acquisition costs? Lets assume you have found that SEO, PPC, display ads, and lead generation are the four channels that work best for you. How...

asked May 13 '14 at 14:41
Blank
Heather Thomas
19 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
Publicly thanking existing customers on Twitter. Bad marketing idea?

Two questions:1. Would it come across in a negative light if we tried to thank each customer by finding them on Twitter and writing a public tweet thanking them for using our product?2. Other ways...

asked Apr 1 '14 at 11:41
Blank
Chad Meredith
19 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Reducing phone calls from customers? We get way too many calls for product customization and new features.

Our SaaS product that targets the enterprise gets way too many phone calls from customers. We can't remove the phone number completely, since it results in some sales leads.Here are some things...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 20:29
Blank
Rocco Schmidt
266 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Attracting non-profits to use our SaaS app?

We're planning to launch our app and want to give it away for free to non-profits so that: We're giving something back to the world. We could potentially get paid clients through them via word of...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 11:21
Blank
Claire Riggio
40 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Using Google+ Communities to get more customers?

What are some strategies for using Google+ communities to get more high quality traffic to your site?

asked Mar 9 '14 at 11:37
Blank
Justin Powell
15 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to calculate Life Time Value of customers?

When calculating the life time value of existing customers, should I use the mean or the median? Any gotchas I should keep in mind to get a more accurate picture?

asked Feb 7 '14 at 12:43
Blank
Chrissie Gray
1,067 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Traffic has started flowing from Google, but zero conversions.

Where should I begin / what are some strategies to figure out where the problem lies? While the traffic isn't huge yet, it is still a good chunk of daily visits.

asked Feb 3 '14 at 19:59
Blank
Matthew Frederick
186 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Problem interview

I am trying to contact potential customers that have signed up for our beta to see if they will take part in a 'problem interview'. I want to find out if I understand the problems my customers face...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 07:02
Blank
Drdavidpier
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Good ways to get reliable testers?

I've got my product MVP out, and I want to test it and get feedback. Ideally I'd like dozens of people in my target market (for this example, kids into games and fantasy books) to test it. I've...

asked Dec 8 '13 at 03:42
Blank
Chris
109 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Trying to formalize our contracts and policies regarding software bug fixes for clients

We are a 3-person company that provides custom web application development. One of our clients in particular floods us with random change requests every single day. There is no batching of these...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 11:33
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to maintain clients details and payments?

Customer relation management(CRM), I am looking for good CRM to maintain clients details of our product. I found many CRMs but I confused. How can I maintain and update clients payments ?...

asked Nov 20 '13 at 16:19
Blank
Konga Raju
101 points