Customers Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.27K Views
Would it be too intrusive to SMS customers once a month?

In the signup process for our CRM software, we collect cell phone numbers from customers. Would it be too intrusive to SMS a tip on how to better use the software once/twice a month?They would be...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 14:40
Blank
Jennifer Hillyard
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.2K Views
What if your customers ask how much your software costs you to make?

We have built a white-label forum software that we license to B2B customers for internal use. One question that sometimes comes up during the sales cycle is: "How much does it cost you to...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:12
Blank
Melvin Burdette
14 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
How to get objective feedback when speaking to potential customers?

I'm trying to validate our idea by talking to potential customers. What kind of questions should we be asking in order to get objective answers?If I were to ask: "How make xyz that helps you with...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Sarita Gamino
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.42K Views
SaaS pricing: many smaller customers paying $x or a few customers paying $x,xxx? Which is better?

We are in a unique SaaS segment which has few competitors. In terms of pricing our plans, is it better to charge a premium (and get fewer customers) or price them low and potentially get a large...

asked May 1 '15 at 12:29
Blank
Bruce Wigington
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.77K Views
How to reach out to smaller companies that aren't based online?

My upcoming business has a side project that requires reaching out to small businesses that do not currently have an online presence. Initially I was hoping to achieve this manually by looking...

asked Jun 1 '15 at 14:49
Blank
Reece Matthews
76 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.69K Views
How do you get more users to your website?

I started a website about a month ago just as a side project for fun. It was initially a project for me to try out some new learned features and techniques in Ruby on Rails. Albeit, I started to...

asked Aug 18 '13 at 21:25
Blank
Apane101
106 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.08K Views
Ways to reduce customer acquisition costs?

What are some strategies and tips to reduce customer acquisition costs? Lets assume you have found that SEO, PPC, display ads, and lead generation are the four channels that work best for you. How...

asked May 13 '14 at 14:41
Blank
Heather Thomas
19 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Publicly thanking existing customers on Twitter. Bad marketing idea?

Two questions:1. Would it come across in a negative light if we tried to thank each customer by finding them on Twitter and writing a public tweet thanking them for using our product?2. Other ways...

asked Apr 1 '14 at 11:41
Blank
Chad Meredith
19 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.19K Views
Reducing phone calls from customers? We get way too many calls for product customization and new features.

Our SaaS product that targets the enterprise gets way too many phone calls from customers. We can't remove the phone number completely, since it results in some sales leads.Here are some things...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 20:29
Blank
Rocco Schmidt
308 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Attracting non-profits to use our SaaS app?

We're planning to launch our app and want to give it away for free to non-profits so that: We're giving something back to the world. We could potentially get paid clients through them via word of...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 11:21
Blank
Claire Riggio
40 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Traffic has started flowing from Google, but zero conversions.

Where should I begin / what are some strategies to figure out where the problem lies? While the traffic isn't huge yet, it is still a good chunk of daily visits.

asked Feb 3 '14 at 19:59
Blank
Matthew Frederick
186 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
Problem interview

I am trying to contact potential customers that have signed up for our beta to see if they will take part in a 'problem interview'. I want to find out if I understand the problems my customers face...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 07:02
Blank
Drdavidpier
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Good ways to get reliable testers?

I've got my product MVP out, and I want to test it and get feedback. Ideally I'd like dozens of people in my target market (for this example, kids into games and fantasy books) to test it. I've...

asked Dec 8 '13 at 03:42
Blank
Chris
109 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
Trying to formalize our contracts and policies regarding software bug fixes for clients

We are a 3-person company that provides custom web application development. One of our clients in particular floods us with random change requests every single day. There is no batching of these...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 11:33
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
8.71K Views
Should we charge the client for fixing bugs?

Our small firm provides custom web application services. We always charge on a time-and-materials basis - we simply give an estimate up front and then charge for actual hours used. One of our...

asked Oct 29 '13 at 03:37
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
Specific ways of getting a customer to pay for high product development costs

I'm an advisor to a startup that is developing a product for a specific industrial use, with a limited customer base (think of a machine for a companies in a niche industry). The capital costs...

asked Oct 6 '13 at 07:50
Blank
City Entrepreneur
42 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
How to handle payments for pay-as-you-go?

My startup is a marketplace for compute time (a crowd-sourced alternative to Amazon EC2/Web Services), where buyers can rent computer time via the internet by the hour. Ideally I'd like to...

asked Sep 17 '13 at 02:54
Blank
Steve
310 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.84K Views
How to ask Customer Discovery Questions?

I want start a business around selling baby related items to moms and dads. I have quite a number of friends who are going to get married/are going to have a baby/already have a baby. So I already...

asked Jun 29 '13 at 16:32
Blank
Graviton
871 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
How to deal with unsatisfied clients in a free application

We offer a free, cloud based B2B application - it offers the same and more functionality than most if not all of the paid equivalent applications out there at no cost. We offer awesome support...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 01:58
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
Stealing customers from competitors on Twitter?

I am currently running a very simple side project which I hope will lead to something bigger. I see quite a few tweets from my competitors customers saying they're using their product for a...

asked Jan 8 '13 at 07:28
Blank
Abs
118 points