Customers Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.08K Views
Pitching my idea to other business

I have a minimum viable product web application which I have been tinkering with over the past 6 months. A friend of mine who is keen on startups and attends meet-ups and other events suggested I...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 18:31
Blank
Xiaohouzi79
1,257 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.84K Views
I've built my product. Now how do I get customers?

I've spent the last 10 months building a product to help salons manage their businesses. Throughout the development process I've been spending time with salon owners, salon managers and stylists to...

asked Oct 29 '11 at 11:07
Blank
Jason Swett
555 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
How to Approach Potential Customers Without Tipping off the Competition

We are working on a service that endeavors essentially to provide an advertising forum for a certain class of goods and services whose providers we consider our key customers. There are others...

asked Oct 20 '11 at 08:31
Blank
D Moore
174 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Early stage strategies of growing your customer base for online start-up?

I wonder what do you recommend are the best strategies for growth and promotion of your online start-up in the early stages after launch? How do you get your name out there and how do you...

asked Sep 21 '11 at 02:08
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Do you answer questions from fake names?

We are in B2B business and now and then someone will send a message via our contact page with a fake name, free email, fake phone etc. Most of the time the question itself is badly written or...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 22:49
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
How to approach a client via social media, website or email?

Let's say, the web project is done, and I also have the presentation to my project. Now, how should I explain my project to my potential customer? Can I just write them on Facebook or email and...

asked Jul 16 '11 at 11:15
Blank
Simplyme
186 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
2.6K Views
How many potential customers should I meet with in order to verify my idea?

I'm working on a new venture with a friend of mine, and we set to meet as many potential customers as possible before writing even a single line of code. We've met with 2 customers and both of...

asked Jul 2 '11 at 17:08
Blank
Stnal
41 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
How to make customers eager to give comments about products which they bought from us?

I have an online store which sells baby products. Thankfully, some customers have already bought my products, although my startup is just 2 months old. One of my plans is to make my customers come...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 13:28
Blank
Kalingga
245 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Obtaining new clients through email marketing

Right now I'm sitting behind my desk at a top 100 company, and quite frankly I started to hate my corporate job. I feel like it is killing my soul everyday. I have always dreamed of owning my...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 01:21
Blank
Hatem
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
I offer webservices, how will my customers want to contact me?

I'm starting up my business. I'll be offering services to website owners, such as: finding broken links, making 3D covers for ebooks & DVDs from images they provide, maintaining their website,...

asked Jun 21 '11 at 18:51
Blank
User2534
154 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Engaging customers throughout the product development cycle

It is becoming more and more important to get your market involved from day 1 of development (as opposed to day 1 of launch). How do you engage customers throughout the product development cycle,...

asked Jun 4 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Sam
509 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
What kind of offers can be given to customers when the price of your site is free?

I made some bugs on my site recently that were pretty bad. It is just part of a new release, but I am sure people are not happy about it. What kind of things can I do for the users of my site to...

asked May 24 '11 at 05:19
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
What makes customers jump ship?

There is Company X online that provides a service for its visitors - and though they currently have the monopoly and have for the past 10 years, the quality of their service is not so great and...

asked May 18 '11 at 01:59
Blank
Sam
509 points

9 Votes
9 Answers
7.55K Views
Should I pursue someone who stole my idea?

I consult to companies. I specialize in problem resolution, project management, research and occasionally, if there's a call for it, development. Recently, I was contacted by a development manager...

asked May 7 '11 at 07:39
Blank
Traveling Tech Guy
155 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
3.72K Views
How can I (inexpensively) say "thanks" to existing customers?

I think a lot of companies might focus too much on getting new customers instead of showing their appreciation for their existing customers. I don't want to be that kind of company. I want my...

asked Mar 12 '11 at 06:09
Blank
Jason Swett
555 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
How do you give value to your customers when you're not an expert in their field?

I'm reading Jeffrey Gitomer's The Little Red Book of Selling. One of its ideas is "give value first": tell people how they can improve their businesses and increase their profits and they'll want...

asked Jan 27 '11 at 06:59
Blank
Jason Swett
555 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Getting Useful Customer Input

In general, being able to tweak your product to better suit customer needs is a good thing. The problem is, sometimes it's difficult to get input from customers that is actually useful in that...

asked Feb 8 '11 at 05:57
Blank
Nick Pascucci
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Why are customers charitable?

Why are customers charitable? Is there research on the primary motivations for customers buying or participating in a charitable product, company, or non-profit? What behavioral psychology research...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 12:39
Blank
Emile
204 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.49K Views
How do I find my potential customers (B2B business)?

I'm in the middle of building a useful (as I think) SaaS for small e-commerce stores. Before I got too deep into that, I'd like to find out if they are really interested. In other words, I want to...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 07:17
Blank
Salmon
970 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.15K Views
What’s the best way to get letters of intent (LOI's) from potential B2B customers before I launch my product?

How do I provide a solid proof point for potential investors while also making customers comfortable with the process? Any pitfalls to be wary of?

asked Nov 17 '10 at 08:43
Blank
Greg
339 points