Physical Product Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Acquiring a customizable/generic product

I am looking at modifying a wireless scale that can transmit its gathered information wirelessly. There are plenty of patented products out there that do this, I am looking for a 'blank template'...

asked May 17 '12 at 01:41
Blank
Bungdaddy
103 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.18K Views
Inventing a simple medical device and getting a patent before talking with a medical device builder

My wife is a surgical nurse and noticed a particular difficulty that surgeons have been having with a specific procedure. She has a beautifully simple idea for a relatively simple device that makes...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 02:34
Blank
Maple Shaft
323 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Customer development for offline startup?

Customer development is a nice way to build a company through iterations. However, all blog posts and articles that I have read depict software and web startups which can be developed through...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 19:46
Blank
Martin Lee
120 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Getting Useful Customer Input

In general, being able to tweak your product to better suit customer needs is a good thing. The problem is, sometimes it's difficult to get input from customers that is actually useful in that...

asked Feb 8 '11 at 05:57
Blank
Nick Pascucci
108 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.02K Views
How Do I Go From An Online Digital Product to Store Shelves?

So I've got a digital product that has a website and the marketing and user community for it are alive and well. Now how do I go about breaking into that next level? How do I get it on the shelves...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 14:38
Blank
Lkessler
1,471 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.01K Views
Sales tax for artists?

Are artists who create "fine art" (not commercial art) required to collect sales tax if selling directly to customer through website, ebay, local art shows, booth at art show?

asked Jan 18 '10 at 04:08
Blank
User2278
8 points