Products Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.62K Views
How do I get products for an eCommerce website?

I'm working on an eCommerce project from past few months. Now I want to buy the products from a supplier. I don't have an idea about from where to find suppliers. Is there any source which provides...

asked Jun 10 '14 at 07:36
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
5.9K Views
Small office phone solutions - what do you recommend?

My company has 3 full-time people including one salesmen who makes a fair number of phone calls. Currently we all use our cell phones and I am trying to figure out a good small office solution. The...

asked Dec 16 '09 at 08:53
Blank
Jason Cianchette
511 points

7 Votes
11 Answers
4.11K Views
Should I trust software development companies from Asia?

There are lots of sites around the internet that offer cheap labour from an offshore location. What do you think about using this type of site to speed up your local business? Is it a good idea?...

asked May 5 '11 at 02:46
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
6.92K Views
Where can I get cheap barcodes for product?

I know there are a lot of sites out there offering UPC code leases, but the price seems astronomical per product. I have about 16 products that I want to get UPC codes for, but I can't justify...

asked Mar 4 '11 at 05:03
Blank
Polyhedron
145 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.92K Views
What percentage of revenue should you allocate for R&D for established SaaS companies?

Assuming you have a SaaS company that is already generating over $1M per year in gross revenue, how much of that should you allocate towards R&B and product development?In the early stages,...

asked Jun 12 '14 at 18:41
Blank
Nellie Lee
12 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.43K Views
How to get initial good reviews on Amazon for your products?

I'm a third party seller on Amazon with my own unique products. As such, there are no reviews for my products when I launch them.What are some ways to get the first 10-15 positive reviews? I have a...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 21:56
Blank
Richard Hollis
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.14K Views
Get feedback or improve product before contacting people who have shown interest?

I've built an MVP and have about 35 beta sign ups. It's not much but my landing page conversion rate is fairly high so far, so that's a good sign. I've sent out about 10 invitations to sign up....

asked Aug 26 '14 at 14:44
Blank
Mnort9
201 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
How can I save my failing product?

Background: My product extracts data from pdf files. Free users get 8 free jobs. Paying users get 40 jobs. Each job is a data extraction from a pdf file. Problem: User engagement terminates after...

asked Sep 19 '14 at 08:49
Blank
user7823742
21 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
32.9K Views
Making money from Improving existing products

If I come up with an improvement to an existing product, how do I protect myself when sharing it, and get some of the revenues the idea generates? There are many times when I look at an existing...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 16:10
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Buying inventory vs drop shipping for a first eCommerce store?

I have a blog that I want to monetize by offering relevant products for purchase to the readers. I've tried affiliate programs but the merchants keep most of the profits -- I'd like to cut out both...

asked May 25 '14 at 16:58
Blank
Richard Perez
7 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
Should you give your product away for free to first adopters?

During the first few weeks of launching, should you give your product away for free to get people to use it and possibly spread the word about it?Is that a good marketing tactic? It's a strategy...

asked May 20 '14 at 13:21
Blank
Cynthia Wilson
12 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.49K Views
How can startups create a moat or lock-in for their product?

Large companies do it with lengthy contracts or brand recognition. What strategies can startups use to lock users in. Not in terms of a shady practice like not letting them export data, but in...

asked Apr 27 '14 at 13:29
Blank
John Boucher
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
B2B physical product: charge for samples or provide them for free?

I'm starting a business similar to Zazzle, but geared more towards B2B products. The sales process is unfamiliar territory for me.What should I do if companies ask for samples? Should I charge for...

asked Apr 4 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Jorge Bolton
14 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.19K Views
How generic a product name can be?

Let's say I created a software that automates the creation of Joomla CMS templates (this is just an example, I'm not into that). I manage to buy the domain name joomlatemplate.com. Great. But what...

asked May 2 '11 at 22:59
Blank
User9982
206 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Product vs Consulting business? Pros / Cons?

What are some pros or cons to pick consulting over building a product and vice versa? From reading Patio11's posts on HN, it looks like generating money is quickest with consulting, but long term...

asked Feb 11 '14 at 23:02
Blank
Dominick Thomas
56 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
Best software product to sell?

This is for my university research task. What do you think will be the most successful software product (not service) in the Indian software industry? And how will that product be customised to...

asked Nov 19 '13 at 19:00
Blank
Magakriv
4 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.54K Views
How can one get candid feedback on a new product?

My friend and I are working on a product - "Data centric configuration" approach to build business applications. The product is ready and we have a pilot customer as well. From our analysis we...

asked Nov 5 '13 at 16:05
Blank
User2551407
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
Specific ways of getting a customer to pay for high product development costs

I'm an advisor to a startup that is developing a product for a specific industrial use, with a limited customer base (think of a machine for a companies in a niche industry). The capital costs...

asked Oct 6 '13 at 07:50
Blank
City Entrepreneur
42 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
6.05K Views
Company name same as product name

I am currently in the process of forming a software startup. My first product is essentially finished. All that's holding me back at the moment is that I can't seem to find a suitable company name....

asked Aug 3 '13 at 03:11
Blank
Ben
136 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
What is standard OEM licence percentage sharing

I am thinking on developing a product which involves development of some hardware and device driver on top of which we will write our application. That hardware company is asking for profit sharing...

asked Jul 19 '13 at 00:08
Blank
Ameya Phadke
56 points