Products Questions

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Should I start talking about my future product, or should I wait till its ready?

I've registered my small consulting company about a year ago and since then we provide consulting and support for several clients, one of which is one of the industry largest organizations in the...

asked Jan 15 '10 at 20:11
Blank
Krasimir Evtimov
150 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
2.76K Views
At what point do you cut features?

I have a couple of features in my product that are really important but, as it stands, are not fully implemented / designed or integrated. At what point do I remove them from the product? I...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 18:01
Blank
Sam Saffron
432 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
First Product Launch - help!

I'm hoping to launch my first product of my first start-up in the month or so (New Year time-frame). Any advice as to how to avoid problems and get it out there quickly, easily and effectively?...

asked Nov 27 '09 at 19:15
Blank
Alistair Collins
181 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Strategies for finding potential customers for a tiny app

Background : I used to work for a software consulting firm. For obvious reasons, one thing that was critical to both our company and our customers was keeping track of the time spent on specific...

asked Nov 19 '09 at 13:50
Blank
Lyudmil
111 points

5 Votes
8 Answers
3.45K Views
How do you decide if your product is a "must have"?

How do you know if your product is a "Must have" or a "Nice to have"?

asked Oct 20 '09 at 06:16
Blank
Tiago
333 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.67K Views
What happens when an industry doesn't exist for your product?

What happens when you made a product for an industry that doesn't exist? I mean it sells, it makes revenue but the industry cannot be defined. Is this a bad sign or a good sign?

asked Oct 22 '09 at 19:07
Blank
Gagwgw
227 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.02K Views
Your experiences outsourcing product fulfillment?

I am looking for feedback from people who outsource their product fulfillment on the pros and cons of their service providers! I think the information will be helpful to the community. What should...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 00:01
Blank
Brian Schoenbaechler
38 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
3.57K Views
Resources or guides to software product pricing

We found product pricing to be the hardest part of launching our product. What resources or guides (online or offline) have you found useful in thinking about pricing your product? I'm interested...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 22:24
Blank
D Thrasher
894 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
3.56K Views
Which pricing model to use for a product that requires a lot of support?

I am developing a product that potentially requires a lot of support. I am developing documentation and tutorials to remove the need for support as much as possible, but I can still see the need...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 04:58
Blank
John Soer
596 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.17K Views
Is there a marketplace for selling original source code?

I want to sell my product, source code and all. Is there market places to list your offering?

asked Oct 12 '09 at 05:41
Blank
User261
141 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
4.54K Views
Using AdWords to test product ideas?

In order to test interest in a product, I've been told that it's useful to use AdWords. What's the best way to maximize the usefulness of AdWords. How do I measure whether or not an idea is useful?...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:10
Blank
Van Nguyen
482 points