Adwords Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.41K Views
How to prevent competitors from clicking on Google Adwords ad units?

We spent a lot of money on PPC ads and lately seeing a ton of fraudulent clicks. After some investigation, they appear to be clicks by competitors. How can we prevent this from happening on not...

asked Apr 17 '15 at 10:10
Blank
Frank Heacock
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.51K Views
New SAAS product: Adwords or GetApp/FindTheBest type approach for marketing?

I have a new task management app. Born out of frustration that the current models out there are lacking in a bunch of features you would think would be obvious plus I added a new feature which I...

asked May 30 '15 at 02:30
Blank
Paul Moran
6 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Right time to start adwords ads?

We recently launched a food gift website where you can create & personalize your gift. The site has several innovative features which people like a lot. There is an online food gift market in...

asked Feb 25 '12 at 08:30
Blank
John
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.58K Views
Low cost alternatives to Facebook ads?

Google AdWords is too expensive for our niche and Facebook ads don't convert well. What other options are available to performance marketers that has some decent scale?

asked Feb 28 '14 at 04:15
Blank
Belinda Harris
60 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.77K Views
Running PPC campaigns for competitor's brand names?

I would like to run Google AdWords campaigns with the keywords as my competitor's brand names. Some questions: Is it legal to do so? Would consumers view this negatively for my brand (i.e. would my...

asked May 11 '14 at 18:44
Blank
Yesenia Mc Laughlin
7 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Projecting revenue from website

I am planning on starting a website(and app) similar to Wikipedia targeted towards specific issue. I want to put ads on the website to generate revenue. How do we project ad revenue? What are the...

asked Nov 23 '13 at 07:04
Blank
User899893
24 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
Estimating ad revenue

How many page views should a website generate to achieve an ad revenue of $1M/year? The site is a general/global news site targeting all types of audience. I am aware that a precise answer can not...

asked Nov 27 '13 at 22:05
Blank
Paul
140 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
Ad Sense vs. YouTube

My understanding is that you can get paid per thousand views of YouTube videos. My understanding is that you get something slightly different with ad sense, where you get a cut of number of click...

asked Oct 14 '13 at 00:44
Blank
James Oravec
115 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
How to determine how much money I need to spend on AdWords to test a market?

I need to test the market to determine how many people are interested in subscribing to my site. The niche is related to "web design" and "themes". I would like to know if the project I'm planning...

asked Jun 29 '13 at 07:21
Blank
Pennf0lio
140 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Adwords - Understanding Modified Broad Match Keywords

I'm not completely new to Adwords optimization, but I guess the learning process never really ends... My company is focused tightly on a specific niche. All of my keywords (across several ad...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 02:05
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

7 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Using Adwords for research

Sometimes, including on this forum, I read advice to use Adwords for market research. Looks simple: find a few terms that describe your product idea, see how many people are searching for it, put...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 19:35
Blank
Sergei Veinberg
429 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Pros and cons of using Google AdWords as an ad manager for a website

What are good and bad sides of telling the advertisers to use Google Adwords to place an ad on our website? (instead of setting up our own Advertisement Department and dealing with every advertiser...

asked Sep 14 '12 at 01:05
Blank
Gury Max
23 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.95K Views
adwords strategy for new startup

I've just launched a startup, and as it will take awhile for SEO to work i'll use adwords to get new customers. I've been doing this for the last couple of weeks, and find that my money goes very...

asked Jul 20 '12 at 15:20
Blank
User1402196
13 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Advertising campaigns that drive mobile downloads

I want to run an advertising campaign that will drive downloads of my mobile app. I'm open to AdWords, Facebook ads, Reddit self-serve ads, AdMob ads that appear on mobile devices etc. The mobile...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 11:43
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Monetizing a webapp

I am building a website that solves word games (scrabble, wordfeud, angry words etc.). It does it better than any websites I have seen. I am thinking about how to make money on it (I have three...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 08:06
Blank
Muleskinner
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.79K Views
'Thunderbird' keyword for my extension's Adwords company disapproved?

I've developed a Thunderbird extension which allows users to create and share notes for emails. I would like to advertise it and sell subscriptions to the sharing service. Unfortunately AdWords...

asked May 5 '12 at 21:45
Blank
Alehro
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
What's the best way of validating your idea with AdWords?

I have an idea that I want to try and validate via a landing page and Google adwords. The plan is to try and get 100 visitors a day for a few weeks and measure conversions. Pretty standard...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 11:46
Blank
James
139 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
3.46K Views
How much money could I make with the following website traffic stats (Adsense, ads)?

I am going to start up a website in the near future and I am aiming to receive at least 10,000 unique page views daily (hopefully up to 100,000 daily). From what I have researched, a CTR of 10% is...

asked Mar 21 '12 at 09:55
Blank
Jeff
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
What should be the typical starting amount for an Adwords campaign?

We are looking to start an Adwords campaign for our startup. We are keen to know what levels of spend people started at and what responses they found to be typical. for reference this is a service...

asked Nov 13 '11 at 11:57
Blank
Jon Slinn
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Will same keywords located in different ad groups under a single campaign bid with each other?

I have an Adwords campaign, which consists of 2 ad groups. And there are a few keywords that exist in both ad groups. My question is, when a user types in those keywords, will this cause...

asked Oct 1 '11 at 17:12
Blank
Graviton
871 points