Inspiration Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.11K Views
How are you able to cope with working 60 to 80+ hours a week on your startup?

What are some ways to cope with working long hours 7 days a week on your startup? I have been working day and night for the last 3 months and it has taken a hefty toll on my health and well being.I...

asked Jul 17 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Sheldon Echols
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
When does inspiration become theft?

When is it taking inspiration from a competitor, and when is it theft? I'd like to know the general questions to ask myself when reviewing competing products in creation of my own. (I'd be...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 07:41
Blank
Mirov
384 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Monetizing a webapp

I am building a website that solves word games (scrabble, wordfeud, angry words etc.). It does it better than any websites I have seen. I am thinking about how to make money on it (I have three...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 08:06
Blank
Muleskinner
18 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
What companies inspire your thinking about corporate structure?

We all know there are a lot of factors that go into the success of a startup. There are seed factors, like whether the founder has the drive and relevant experience to push the company to succeed....

asked Feb 20 '10 at 16:36
Blank
Arkaaito
300 points

15 Votes
14 Answers
3.05K Views
Looking For Love - I Need 3 Suggestions for Resetting My Startup

When I first co-founded my BtoB startup it was blissful. My eyes would sparkle each time I passed out a business card; every SVN commit caused my heart to flutter. Now it is two years later and...

asked Feb 2 '10 at 05:58
Blank
Fractal Guy
254 points

8 Votes
21 Answers
4.54K Views
What single book/text changed your life and why?

What book/text changed your life or most influenced you and why? One book by answer please!

asked Jan 9 '10 at 17:05
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.97K Views
Packing up and moving to Silicon Valley. Stepping out of my comfort zone or just plain naïve?

The city I have lived in for the past 10 years just isn't a very good environment for internet entrepreneurs and I feel like it's holding me back. I just graduated from college in December so I've...

asked Jan 7 '10 at 16:51
Blank
Travis
26 points

6 Votes
16 Answers
3.08K Views
What's your favorite business related quotation?

Here are my three - You do not require an invitation to make profits. ~ Dhirubhai Ambani Think big, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one's monopoly. ~ Dhirubhai Ambani Every street is paved...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 06:36
Blank
Arpit Tambi
1,050 points