Monetization Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
11.3K Views
Can you make money from a Chrome Extension?

Is it possible to monetize a browser extension? The only thing I've seen developers do is add in a donation link. I doubt those really convert into any substantial earnings. Are there any other...

asked Feb 13 '14 at 21:55
Blank
Edward
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.16K Views
How to find advertisers for a niche that Google Adsense doesn't allow?

I own a fairly popular image hosting site (mostly memes). The content of the site isn't high value to advertisers on Google so my application to AdSense was rejected.How can I find a way to...

asked Jun 25 '14 at 13:10
Blank
Joseph Larson
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.66K Views
Can ad revenue sustain this model?

Hello, I'm currently in the planning stages of a simple idea.. It's nothing major, I'm just a student and just want to get my feet wet.. However, as I think more and more about it, I'm more and...

asked Aug 9 '14 at 13:56
Blank
eXtreme
11 points

15 Votes
3 Answers
16.2K Views
How do sites like Stack Overflow and Quora make money?

Stack Overflow and all its sites are great, but how do they make money? There is just one ad on a page in the best case on Stack Overflow, and none on Quora or OnStartups.com. Am I missing...

asked Oct 4 '11 at 18:23
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
Display ad networks for smaller publishers (less than 75K impressions per month)?

Are there any banner ad networks for sites that get less than 75K impressions per month? Almost every major network I've checked has huge requirements.

asked Mar 3 '14 at 02:05
Blank
Joanna Cash
20 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
11.1K Views
How can I monetize a job board website?

I have a job board website listing local jobs in my country. There are two kind of customers: the job seekers and the employer. I have some ideas but I want your advice about monetizing the...

asked Feb 7 '11 at 06:46
Blank
Waseem Abu Senjer
28 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Should you ever start a company without a monetization plan?

Does numbers of users / visitors trump everything else including a monetization plan? Take funny pictures as an example, those type of sites can easily garner 100K+ visitors a month quickly. But...

asked May 14 '14 at 15:40
Blank
Jeffrey Lashbrook
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.37K Views
How to monetize a low budget film?

Apart from ticket sales, what are all the possible ways one could monetize a low budget film / documentary? Options for indie film-makers are limited because there isn't a large production house...

asked May 13 '14 at 20:43
Blank
Armando Ridinger
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
How will Facebook monetize WhatsApp?

Now that they have spent billions on it, what do you think would be their monetization strategy to make it worth the money spent?I own stock in FB and feel shareholders should know some part of the...

asked Mar 12 '14 at 14:48
Blank
Harry Brown
40 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
A big chunk of my revenue comes from one source. Is that a huge negative in raising money from angels?

I have a software product and one enterprise client accounts for over 70% of my revenues right now. Is that a huge negative for investors? How can I mitigate that risk?Our goal is to use the money...

asked Mar 17 '14 at 16:48
Blank
David Harman
20 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Using donations as a way to make money from your blog?

Does anyone have experience and thoughts on using donations as a way to generate revenue from you blog?If you had very high quality content that people loved, and didn't want to mess up the...

asked Mar 9 '14 at 05:02
Blank
Arnold Cisneros
25 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
What are some business models or monetization options other than intrusive advertising for startups building a free product?

The standard monetization procedure for free products these days seems to be to place ads everywhere. These ads often reduce the quality of the product for consumers. I'm looking for a more...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 04:11
Blank
Daniel Que
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
4.17K Views
How will a company like Piazza (Q&A for schools) monetize?

They're backed by Sequoia so definitely must have a monetization plan. Sequoia wouldn't drop money on them without looking for a return on their investment. Everything seems to be free on their...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 07:39
Blank
William Boyd
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Selling T-shirts and other branded items a good revenue source for open source projects?

I'm trying to figure out how to monetize my open source contributions on GitHub.Does anyone have any experience with selling branded shwag to people who use your repo?What other ways can I make...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 13:35
Blank
Brian Daniels
45 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.11K Views
Ways to monetized blogs other than Google AdSense?

What are some ways I could monetize my blog? I'm currently using AdSense at the bottom of each post and it works not so great. The topic of my blog is personal finance, so it's a good profitable...

asked Feb 10 '14 at 12:12
Blank
Kimberly J.
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
When to decide how to monetize your product?

I am not sure if I should wait till I have multitudes of users, or just start monetizing it now. My first instinct would be just to allow it to be monetized by ads. I only need it to pay for...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 08:03
Blank
Dkroy
130 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
How can one monetize an app in the Google Web Store?

I have a couple of apps on the Windows Phone Store with a decent number of downloads. I was thinking about converting them to iOS or Android, but then I started looking into the Chrome Web Store. I...

asked Jul 30 '13 at 07:46
Blank
Martin
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
How can I monetize an english e-learning website?

I have an English e-learning website provide text chat, audio and live lesson via Skype. my customer are student and office worker who want to improve English speaking. Now, I earn money by...

asked Aug 2 '13 at 11:29
Blank
Linh Smile
1 point

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.43K Views
How can I raise venture capital for a free and ad-free venture?

I am planning to start an online company, which would be a social tool, much like instagram and kik messenger, but I fail to see how these companies promise to return the investor's money. History...

asked Jul 1 '13 at 13:23
Blank
Jani Kovacs
75 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
4.16K Views
startup: work on something i personally like or work on something that would sell?

I am going to start working on a project, but divided between two project ideas. The first one is interesting to me personally, and I have been toying with it for some time as an evening hobby,...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 13:16
Blank
Mitten
31 points