Monetization Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
Selling T-shirts and other branded items a good revenue source for open source projects?

I'm trying to figure out how to monetize my open source contributions on GitHub.Does anyone have any experience with selling branded shwag to people who use your repo?What other ways can I make...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 13:35
Blank
Brian Daniels
45 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How are TED Talks funded?

Who pays for TED? Do they run solely on donations or do they have a monetization strategy in play?

asked Feb 25 '14 at 02:37
Blank
Alexander Diaz
25 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to monetize a web directory?

Currently using Adsense on my popular online directory that I started several years ago. What other ways can I increase my revenue?Here is what I'm currently using: AdSense: about $1300 per...

asked Feb 22 '14 at 19:02
Blank
Chester Oconnell
25 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.39K Views
Ways to monetized blogs other than Google AdSense?

What are some ways I could monetize my blog? I'm currently using AdSense at the bottom of each post and it works not so great. The topic of my blog is personal finance, so it's a good profitable...

asked Feb 10 '14 at 12:12
Blank
Kimberly J.
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
When to decide how to monetize your product?

I am not sure if I should wait till I have multitudes of users, or just start monetizing it now. My first instinct would be just to allow it to be monetized by ads. I only need it to pay for...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 08:03
Blank
Dkroy
130 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How can one monetize an app in the Google Web Store?

I have a couple of apps on the Windows Phone Store with a decent number of downloads. I was thinking about converting them to iOS or Android, but then I started looking into the Chrome Web Store. I...

asked Jul 30 '13 at 07:46
Blank
Martin
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How can I monetize an english e-learning website?

I have an English e-learning website provide text chat, audio and live lesson via Skype. my customer are student and office worker who want to improve English speaking. Now, I earn money by...

asked Aug 2 '13 at 11:29
Blank
Linh Smile
1 point

2 Votes
4 Answers
How can I raise venture capital for a free and ad-free venture?

I am planning to start an online company, which would be a social tool, much like instagram and kik messenger, but I fail to see how these companies promise to return the investor's money. History...

asked Jul 1 '13 at 13:23
Blank
Jani Kovacs
75 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
1.2K Views
startup: work on something i personally like or work on something that would sell?

I am going to start working on a project, but divided between two project ideas. The first one is interesting to me personally, and I have been toying with it for some time as an evening hobby,...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 13:16
Blank
Mitten
31 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Are there real life apps that use a swear jar monetization model?

I was watching a television show where a character created an app called "Forbid," with an interesting monetization model. The idea was that you put the phone number of someone you shouldn't call...

asked Mar 27 '13 at 10:51
Blank
Whateveritis
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Setting up a US business to monetize a website, and doing so from abroad. Is it possible?

I should state at the outset that I am a US Citizen, but simply living abroad in a country where starting a business is much more complicated. I have recently created a website that I would like to...

asked Mar 30 '13 at 21:34
Blank
Nate
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
What are strategies for monetizing training videos?

I created some very useful training videos in Spanish (latam), and I want to monetize them. They are focused on students and professionals. How can I monetize them? Some ideas I've come up with...

asked Mar 20 '13 at 11:23
Blank
D Llamas
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.08K Views
Online Advertising for Startup Website

I am looking to monetize my start-up website by adding advertisements to it. After doing some research it seems I should look at Pay per Click (PPC) rather than Cost per Thousand (CPM) or some...

asked Feb 17 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Chris
120 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Conversion rate for support contracts

We have a B2B Saas offering which is currently free - we are exploring monetisation options and rather than going the route of charging for a premium option we are considering keeping it free and...

asked Feb 18 '13 at 00:22
Blank
Bhttoan
725 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.27K Views
How to monetize high volume downloaded Mobile App without Ad?

yes it is a generic question, because it meant to be generic. I know it depends of the business of the App proposal but, in a macro vision way, what should be the common steps to monetize one...

asked Dec 6 '12 at 01:20
Blank
South
176 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Third party social network client monetization

Let's say I have discovered that on an "about-to-go-booming" platform there isn't a social network client (A Facebook client for example). I can create one and submit to the platforms application...

asked Aug 28 '12 at 05:12
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
In app purchase or paid app

Currently, we are developing an android app, which is used to target stock market investor. May I know which way offer a better way, to monetize your app? In app purchase Paid app download

asked Jul 29 '12 at 04:53
Blank
Cheok Yan Cheng
119 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
1.29K Views
Help with mobile app monetization

I have a free iOS app that's popular in a modest sense. Daily active user count has been growning steadily: it's approximately doubled over the last 6 months. At the moment it's around 2100 daily...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 08:36
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Better revenue model for local online business directory

I am starting a new startup that operates a local online business directory where you can find businesses (much like YP.com or superpages.com.) I am divided between the two revenue...

asked Jul 23 '12 at 10:37
Blank
Jacob Hart
6 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.52K Views
How is Wattpad.com monetized?

This is a link to the press release that Wattpad has received and additional 17+ million from come venture capital groups. Wattpad press release Those venture capital groups must see some way to...

asked Jun 28 '12 at 06:02
Blank
Mark0978
274 points