Social Network Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
Should Facebook and Twitter be the only social networks to promote your brand on?

Since Twitter and Facebook are the most popular social networks, is it even worth targeting other sites in a social media marketing strategy?Has anyone had any consistent success with other social...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 19:14
Blank
Jerry Mason
4 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.57K Views
Is it possible to compete with Facebook with a new social network?

Facebook seems to have become too commercialized for their own good. I would love to build a new social network that gets back to the basics, but not sure if it will be worth it.Considering how...

asked Jun 12 '15 at 12:42
Blank
Chester Trujillo
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
What's the most important thing you learnt in social media marketing?

I'm just getting started with social media marketing and wondering what were the most important things you learnt?

asked May 28 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Karen Blanton
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Valuing a Social Technology startup using EBITDA makes sense?

We're finalizing the details of a new shareholders agreement but we're stuck at setting the EBITDA multiple that will get used for future valuation of the company. The agreement was written by one...

asked Jul 4 '13 at 18:24
Blank
Shreef
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
How to generate revenue from a website using visitor counts? Is there a standard way for doing it?

I want to build a web application that would showcase realestate properties of different owners. One way to generate revenue from this is charging for their property posting and for featured...

asked Mar 18 '13 at 02:10
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
2.18K Views
Is moving an established, central online community to 100% distributed a bad idea?

I run a community for pug owners. It's been around for nearly 7 years and it's a "popular" site within the pug community. It's a completely custom site (I built the whole thing from...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 04:14
Blank
Shpigford
146 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
How to direct marketing initiatives for a Start up

We are a location based social network connecting like minded people. We are ready with our product and want to select a city to start marketing. Basic costs touch upto $5k a month just for...

asked Feb 2 '13 at 06:32
Blank
Rajiv Singh
14 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
What would be the right strategy to promote a startup in India?

We have a rating based social blogging platform. The webiste got launched about a month ago and is in its beta stage now. Being established in India, where the domain of users of the site, the...

asked Jan 23 '13 at 17:31
Blank
Pranjay Mittal
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Promoting sub-communities of a social website?

I'm currently working on a social website that bases itself on specific sub-communities (something along the lines of Reddit meets Pintrest for lack of a better description). What are some...

asked Jan 25 '13 at 03:41
Blank
Chris
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Fake Linkedin profiles

What can you do if random person lists your company on their linkedin? Emailed linkedin support but they won't do anything and the person won't respond. it is damaging our reputation

asked Oct 4 '12 at 11:24
Blank
Joe
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
How to promote my social project?

I have created a social media website - it's a place for men who have questions about relationships. The main goal is to make users proud of their own achievements. For example, your son has...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 20:23
Blank
Bakotiinii
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Third party social network client monetization

Let's say I have discovered that on an "about-to-go-booming" platform there isn't a social network client (A Facebook client for example). I can create one and submit to the platforms application...

asked Aug 28 '12 at 05:12
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Promoting startup on Google+

I'm just getting started with promoting my startup in Google+, and am looking for suggestions on the best way to do this. I can post to Google+ as (1) the "page" for the startup or as (2) my email...

asked Aug 5 '12 at 12:55
Blank
Kekito
1,936 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
Stuck in the middle on a start-up venture

My co-founder and I have invested $50k together and launched phase 1 of our social network website. We have started marketing in NY metro and have grown to 300 users in 4 weeks. We are in the...

asked Jun 23 '12 at 04:36
Blank
Rajiv
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Should I have a "presence" on Facebook & Twitter & Google+?

I have a habit of registering my own name on social sites, just to ensure that nobody impersonates me. Now, starting a business, I am doing the same with the business name and the product...

asked Jun 11 '12 at 20:51
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Next steps after launching a social network

So my co-founder and I spent 10 months and launched a social network 2 weeks ago. We are doing simple fb ads and craigslist advertising and have reached 200 users. As anyone will say, our idea is...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:24
Blank
R W
8 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
When can I start using CrowdSource Funding?

Now that the JOBS Act has been passed and signed when can I start raising capital through CrowdSource Funding?

asked May 9 '12 at 09:22
Blank
User17876
26 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
1.76K Views
What social media accounts should a business have?

I know this question has a lot of possible answers, so I'll break it down to several questions so you'll understand exactly what I want to know. Which social media accounts should I maintain to...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 21:07
Blank
March Robert Philip Serrano
152 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
How to create a BUZZ few weeks before launching your website?

We had planned not to market our website that goes live in 8 weeks, but now going for the opposite. So we are building a website where users sign up and interact on the basis of XYZ (apologies for...

asked Feb 16 '12 at 03:50
Blank
Raj
24 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Which strategy will you use for launching a dating community website?

Imagine a dating community like meetic, where you can register for free, but you must pay every 6 months for using all the functionalities. Which will be your strategy for your launch, taking into...

asked Feb 19 '12 at 23:16
Blank
Jmp
4 points