Social Entrepreneur Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
How can social entrepreneurs attract talent when there aren’t high salaries and options?

How does an organization like KhanAcademy attract talent when the compensation they offer is below market rates?

asked Feb 6 '14 at 21:59
Blank
Albert
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
How to generate revenue from a website using visitor counts? Is there a standard way for doing it?

I want to build a web application that would showcase realestate properties of different owners. One way to generate revenue from this is charging for their property posting and for featured...

asked Mar 18 '13 at 02:10
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.87K Views
Is it that way too early to start a business?

I have been sharing my thoughts for getting into some business, with some of my friends & colleagues, but all I get from them is 'Disappointment' & advice like "It's too early for you to do...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 21:50
Blank
Venkatesh
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Impact Investment/Tax Questions

I want to take some of the revenue that I generate with the for-profit business I'm starting, and use it to provide start-up social enterprises that I think are interesting with some funding to...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 06:57
Blank
P.R. Pelrain
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Is there a difference between pitching as a social entrepreneur?

I know the difference between a social entrepreneur and an entrepreneur, however if those two pitch to someone for a deal, do they say something different? Specifically in my case I am a social...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 03:50
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
When is the right time to add a customer loyalty program?

Based on your experience -- how early is too early to launch a customer loyalty program as part of the marketing package associated with launching a company? My client is launching a B2C endeavor...

asked Sep 14 '11 at 01:18
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Why become certified as a women-owned business?

I am working with a client who has the opportunity to become certified as a women-owned business. She is interested in better understanding the tangible benefits associated with becoming certified...

asked Sep 15 '11 at 02:14
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
How do you demonstrate social value on the balance sheet?

For many entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs the potential positive impact on the world is as important are providing a healthy financial return for the investors. Often the definition of...

asked May 11 '11 at 13:47
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
4.59K Views
How to get seed funding for non-profit?

I have a concept for a non-profit organization which would solve huge problems (think "climate change" for example) with money raised by aggregating very small payments from businesses for...

asked May 3 '11 at 07:02
Blank
Beedlebum
46 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.51K Views
Why so few "minority-owned" start-ups?

A study by the Center for Venture Research at the University of New Hampshire has just released their study on 2010 Angel Investment. By definition this money went to start-ups. Buried in the...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 00:26
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
3.13K Views
What are the non-business reasons to not "start-up"?

I am very interested in having a better understanding of the reasons that someone should keep their project as a hobby rather than trying to make it a "start-up" What would be the non-business...

asked Apr 1 '11 at 06:19
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

12 Votes
10 Answers
3.06K Views
Is it about more than money?

Is it all about making money -- or is there something more? Is there value in a mission about positive impact on the world? Is there a value in start-ups that are addressing issues of global...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 09:48
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
5.32K Views
What is the difference between a entrepreneur and a social entrepreneur?

What is the different between a entrepreneur and a social entrepreneur? Are all social entrepreneur also entrepreneur? Are social entrepreneurs not real entrepreneurs? How much "mission" does...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 07:02
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
What Techniques Can All Volunteer Organizations Learn From Startups?

I volunteer with a neighborhood group and wanted to know your thoughts on startup management, motivation, organization, etc. techniques that I can apply to all volunteer organizations. It seems...

asked Mar 17 '10 at 01:54
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points