Social Media Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.7K Views
Offering customers a discount in exchange of social media publicity - Does this make sense?

Yesterday, I added the following special deal in my service web site : Help us promoting the site (blogging/tweetting about it, sharing the link in facebook, google+, delicious,… and committing to...

asked Aug 3 '11 at 01:12
Blank
Jordi Cabot
243 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.14K Views
What are some common social media marketing mistakes that beginners make?

For someone just starting to get their feet wet in social media, what are some common mistakes that people make? I'll be focusing primarily on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

asked Feb 14 '14 at 15:38
Blank
User30126
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
How to establish a network when just starting out in a service-based business?

I am venturing to start a consulting firm that does social media marketing and content creation. Starting with nothing except my knowledge about the field, how do I create a network and establish...

asked Jun 12 '14 at 18:14
Blank
Alexandra Guerrero
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.4K Views
Does a candidates appearance / behavior on social media effect your hiring decision?

Before hiring someone, most startups try to find out as much as possible about them by hitting Google and checking their publicly available social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram,...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 16:55
Blank
Carl Rosas
12 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
Should Facebook and Twitter be the only social networks to promote your brand on?

Since Twitter and Facebook are the most popular social networks, is it even worth targeting other sites in a social media marketing strategy?Has anyone had any consistent success with other social...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 19:14
Blank
Jerry Mason
4 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.64K Views
How do I automatically post new Wordpress posts to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+?

All the plugins I've tried have not worked, and the sites that I've tried want my passwords. I'm not comfortable with that. No plugin seems to be able to post to Pinterest (high priority). Google+...

asked Nov 7 '14 at 05:45
Blank
Starrychloe S.
83 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.01K Views
How is best to promote your Business' Social Media?

I've recently just revealed the branding for my up-coming start-up (still in development) and the aim to generate an interest before we officially launch the site - a few months down the line....

asked Jun 14 '15 at 13:07
Blank
Reece Matthews
76 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Content strategy for an apparel company?

I got my first client the other day for my social media & content marketing consulting business. They are an apparel company.What are some ways you would go about creating a content strategy...

asked Feb 28 '14 at 13:03
Blank
Sarah Jones
45 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.68K Views
Will social media take over traditional means of marketing?

With the increasing number of social media websites, and businesses all over the world using social media for promoting and branding their products, will this over take the traditional way of...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 20:43
Blank
Dart Consulting
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Social media marketers: What is your biggest pain point?

Disclosure: this is a blatant try to get some ideas and feedback to pursue a business idea.What is your biggest pain point when you do social media marketing for your clients?And if a solution...

asked May 30 '14 at 13:55
Blank
Nell Ross
7 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
What's the most important thing you learnt in social media marketing?

I'm just getting started with social media marketing and wondering what were the most important things you learnt?

asked May 28 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Karen Blanton
7 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Social media tool to track competitors and the impact of their posts?

Which social media app would you recommend to track what your competitors post and the impact of their posts?Does such a tool even exist? The closest seems to be FollowerWonk, but it's only to...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 17:43
Blank
David Rice
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Who own's a franchise's social media account? The parent company or the franchise owner?

Let's say that I start a McDonald's franchise and create social media accounts for my specific location to engage with my customers.Who would own those social media accounts? I, as a the franchise...

asked Apr 17 '14 at 17:57
Blank
Mildred Miller
7 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Publicly thanking existing customers on Twitter. Bad marketing idea?

Two questions:1. Would it come across in a negative light if we tried to thank each customer by finding them on Twitter and writing a public tweet thanking them for using our product?2. Other ways...

asked Apr 1 '14 at 11:41
Blank
Chad Meredith
19 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
4.56K Views
Using LinkedIn to grow your SaaS business?

What are some ways to utilize LinkedIn to grow your Saas sales? In terms of social media, everyone seems to be fixated on Twitter and Facebook, even though they are likely not the right channel for...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 20:42
Blank
Joseph Brown
17 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Which lesser-used social media channels could trend this year for marketing?

In your opinion, which social media channel (except FB, Twitter, LinkedIn) could likely trend this year? For both B2B and B2C marketing.

asked Mar 24 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Lawrence Farwell
47 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Jab Jab Jab Right Hook: your takeaways from the book?

If you've read the book Jab Jab Jab Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk, what are the key things you have learnt?I'm looking for actionable things that you would use in the real world.

asked Mar 17 '14 at 18:18
Blank
John Bolden
15 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
How many clients have you gotten off social media for your consulting business?

I do social media consulting on the side and most of my clients come from networking face to face at events.I'm wondering how many people do other consultants get right off of the social networks...

asked Mar 11 '14 at 21:11
Blank
John Knipe
25 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
10.1K Views
Open source social media monitoring tools for agencies?

Are there any free or open source social media monitoring tools for a small agency? We just started the business so want to go with any free alternatives out there to bootstrap.

asked Mar 6 '14 at 05:29
Blank
Gene Mc Gowan
45 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Is there a social media tool where I can search by a keyword and get posts and contact information of the person?

I'm looking to reach out to relevant people by being able to search for them on Twitter, Facebook, Quora and LinkedIn. Is there such a tool where I can get a list of people based on a keyword?

asked Feb 22 '14 at 03:47
Blank
Eddie Chandler
25 points