Shares Questions

2 Votes
0 Answers
3.94K Views
How to split share at moonlighting stage?

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? I have a business idea. I have talked to two other people about this and they are interested. We are about...

asked Nov 5 '12 at 08:17
Blank
Bob
11 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How companies divide company shares between founders and investors?

I came here to ask about: How do companies divide their equity shares among the founders and investors? For example, consider two persons are building a company. Person1 came with the idea of an...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 07:28
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Are vested shares the best way to go for a startup company to bring on new people?

We have a Hong Kong company and are trying to launch. We have limited funds but are thinking of hiring someone and paying in shares. However, we don't want to just sell shares and watch our new...

asked Jun 17 '14 at 09:16
Blank
User33966
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
What is the best option regarding authorized capital?

I know that the authorized capital is the value of shares which you are allowed to issue. If my authorized capital is Rs. 1 lakh, I can issue shares of up to Rs. 1 lakh. In my case, I need to go...

asked Aug 1 '14 at 07:40
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Being offered an advisor position in startup. Should I ask what percentage of my equity represents?

I'm being offered an advisor position in a startup and will be given 20K shares. Should I inquire how much the total share size is? So that I may know that percentage my equity would represent.

asked Aug 2 '14 at 16:58
Blank

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.5K Views
Equity split for advisors, part-time and full-time founders?

I am a part of a software startup that includes the following six founders. We are about to seek VC and we need to make sure that we split the equity in a fair/correct manner. Based on the...

asked Sep 23 '14 at 23:35
Blank
User34135
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
How do I automatically post new Wordpress posts to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+?

All the plugins I've tried have not worked, and the sites that I've tried want my passwords. I'm not comfortable with that. No plugin seems to be able to post to Pinterest (high priority). Google+...

asked Nov 7 '14 at 05:45
Blank
Starrychloe S.
83 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Clawback vs. vesting

What is the difference between clawback and founder vesting? It seems that the term "clawback" was used in connection with the Zynga and Skype cases Equity Clawback - how to avoid Zynga situation

asked Jul 31 '12 at 19:33
Blank
Jhexp
105 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.1K Views
What is the key to securing a large investment in a project? How much should I offer the investor in return for his risk?

Let's say all of the following conditions are true: I have the connections needed to get audience with multiple multi-millionaires, although I, myself, am not one. I have, in concept, designed a...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 03:01
Blank
Jonathan Todd
28 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Facebook's purchase of Whatsapp: how does it immediately effect stockholders?

A big portion of the Whatsapp deal involved $12B worth of FB shares. How does that directly effect current shareholders when FB uses those shares to buy Whatsapp?Do they issue more shares and...

asked Apr 17 '14 at 12:43
Blank
Randal Nelson
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
What can be done if a few of the majority holders on a board decide to increase their salaries?

Lets say 3 people on the board together control 51% of the company (and voting rights). And they decide to increase their salaries without any input from anyone else on the board (since they...

asked Apr 8 '14 at 12:41
Blank
Porter Garrett
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How do I set the share capital of a company and the type of shares to allocate?

I intend to set up an IT company. As a one person startup, how do I determine what share capital the company should have? It can be $1, $1,000 or $100,000. Then, the shares can be ordinary or...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 10:53
Blank
Wayne
6 points

-2 Votes
0 Answers
Seeking part funding through selling shares for a sartup

We are establishing a company in India with around $10 mill investment. We are planning to get $2 mill by selling shares (non promoters). would like to know how to evaluate the company, for how...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 11:38
Blank
Reg King
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
Splitting common stock between founders and investors - How can a founder ensure that he does not lose control of his company?

View: It seems to me that the only sure way for the founder of a company to ensure, with absolute certainty, that he will not lose control of his company is for him to retain 50.1% of his company's...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 09:36
Blank
Jonathan Todd
28 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Equity in a project but not in company

Can I give someone stake/equity/shares or similar for a project in the company without giving that person any equity in the company? If not, has anyone found ways to accomplish something...

asked Nov 2 '13 at 08:32
Blank
Javier Figueroa
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
How can a founder structure the stock options pool to get guaranteed percentage?

Let's say I have a company where I am the founder and also have 2 employees - E1 and E2. Let's say there are 1000 authorized shares, but only 800 of them are issued. 600 of those shares are...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 04:45
Blank
Salmon
960 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Common Stock Dividends

Situation: Minority stockholders who own less than 5% of the stock received a special one time dividend of $1 per share after major assets of the company were sold. The major stockholders owing...

asked Sep 28 '13 at 13:24
Blank
Dave Ireland
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
What's a fair share to give when adding a designer as a co-founder?

In the last 6 months I was working on stop motion app for Android. Now the app gets around 100 download per day in Google Play (first month) and around 50,000 picture was taken so far, and I'm...

asked Aug 29 '13 at 04:20
Blank
Jimmy
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Owning shares in another LLC, what is the simplest way to go tax-wise?

Let's say I already own a LLC (single-member, disregarded entity). Now, I just closed a new business and have a partner in the US, a new LLC will be formed, with two members - my partner and I. I...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 02:19
Blank
Full Of Caffeine
3 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.36K Views
How much equity should startup Independent contractors get?

So, A friend of mine has a brand created for a game, characters, story, the works. He also a rough idea about how the game should be which looked pretty solid. He took out about $40,000 loan and...

asked Aug 25 '13 at 03:43
Blank
Brybam
103 points