Shares Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
Proper way to get share in US company for non-US citizen

I was working for quite a time with US company which is S Corporation. Now we are planning to continue as partners and I should get 10% of the company. As far as I understand I cant be a...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 01:59
Blank
Igor Romanov
118 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.8K Views
No free Ride! Founder Shares

My question is this; I have four founders with the following ownership: Executive/founder/Me 1: 25% Executive/Co-founder 2: 20% Executive/Co-founder 3: 15% Corporate Partner/Co-founder:...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 12:18
Blank
Quentin
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
C Corp Investment Documents

What the appropriate documents needed for one to buy into a (Delaware) C Corp (private)? What are the documents that the Company needs to issue in order to confirm the investment?

asked Feb 7 '12 at 03:21
Blank
Sfe
4 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
7.33K Views
How does one pay back an investor?

I am starting a fashion retail business this year, and I need a total initial investment of $300,000. I don't know about financial issues regarding shares, equity and dividend. I'm currently...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 16:13
Blank
Mimi
4 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.87K Views
If i open a branch in a secondary country, Will it have its own shares?

So let's take this as a scenario: I have shares in a company in Australia, The company decided to get into the US and do the same service but it'll target US customers. Will the new company have...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 13:00
Blank
Ryan
139 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
5.33K Views
How to kick out useless person in startup

Our startup has a person who holds a very high percentage of the company's common stock. We don't have any money yet, and we've been working for a year. This guy has done an extremely minimal...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 10:16
Blank
Pasham
26 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
clarification on shareholders rights in decision to protect against hostile takeover

I would like to have a clarification over this case: http://www.genomeweb.com/illumina-creates-poison-pill-response-roche-bid Does this mean that if anybody buys shares today, they will be able to...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 20:33
Blank
68 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
How to handle a leaving employee's shares

I have a question about what are the best exit options for employees that own shares in a company and want to leave after some time. For example, let's say at the start of a company the first...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 09:38
Blank
Jfaulkins
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
How to split shares of a company

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? How to Divide Up Your Company's Equity We are three people who want to embark on a new venture. I've been...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 23:37
Blank
User15485
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
How much startup equity should be provided to an early, senior engineer?

pre-funding start-up in tech. founder had idea and filed patent (pending); developed concept, small cash funding, etc. engineer came in year later to help shape app; code proof of concept, help...

asked Jan 1 '12 at 10:49
Blank
Ann
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
How to decide on how much stake to sell in a SaaS startup?

I have a brand new tech startup. The system was developed over the period of 1 year, the website is ready and it also already has a couple of customers (non-recurring). The service was launched 2...

asked Jan 5 '12 at 17:58
Blank
Invictus
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Help me understand issuing shares

If a company issues more shares does that reduce the value of the shares already issued? Logically it should. For example if I gave 10% to someone for some work then later double the number of...

asked Dec 27 '11 at 20:45
Blank
Tom Squires
1,047 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.29K Views
Leaving the team but dispute over shares?

I am a software developer and I have been working with a few others in a startup for just over a year. However there has been a lot of conflicts lately and I can no longer work with them. I have...

asked Dec 16 '11 at 03:43
Blank
James Gu
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
How many shares for investors?

I want to incorporate a new company and authorize 10MM shares. I also need $50,000 to get started. I am considering inviting friends and relatives to invest, and issue them shares. I want to own...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 21:03
Blank
Olu
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.84K Views
Under what conditions can a C corp authorize new shares?

Under what conditions can a C corp increase the total number of shares authorized? Board approval? Majority shareholder approval? Unanimous shareholder approval?

asked Oct 26 '11 at 16:17
Blank
Jon
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
How does equity get distributed?

I understand the whole process of how equity should be divided, but what is the actual technical process of distributing equity? Is it a contract? How does someone sell their equity? If I want to...

asked Oct 14 '11 at 10:42
Blank
Nick Anderegg
106 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
Establishing shared ownership

What is a reasonable software start-up ownership share between founders when one is more senior, putting in some of his own money and able to raise angel money from friends, while the other two are...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 15:45
Blank
Sasha
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Shares not distributed

let's take the exemple of a startup launched with 100.000 $ divided in 100.000 shares. Can the founder have only 50.000 shares (so 50% of the startup) and leave the 50.000 others not allocated and...

asked Oct 1 '11 at 01:37
Blank
Luc
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Can I keep my S Corp open when the president wants to leave?

So I have a small S-Corp incorporated in New York State. The company really hasn't made any money, and is currently only used to hold a piece of IP. Both the President and I (the Vice President)...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 01:56
Blank
Camel Blues
185 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Number of shares for a newly established online services company + stock options?

Following up on the recent question about diluting the stock in this board, I would like to find out more about what do you recommend is a standard number of shares to issue for a new star-up. To...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 16:00
Blank
Peter K.
194 points