Incorporation Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Should we consider a UK subsidiary?

I'm a US resident, and a few months ago a friend from back in the UK pitched me an idea for a SaaS product for the market sector he works in. We've built the product, and we plan to incorporate and...

asked Apr 29 '16 at 03:03
Blank
Dan Ellis
71 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Corporation type for internet based businesses? Can you register in any state?

Is there a corporation type for an internet based business? Im assuming a C type would be fine but more importantly can you register your corporation in any state? Since in a way it would be...

asked Apr 5 '10 at 19:08
Blank
Vnchopra
418 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Can I start a company in India while working in the USA on an H1B?

Can I start an internet-based company in India, while working in the USA on an H1B visa? Will I be able to incorporate in India and pay taxes? Is it allowed? What are my options?

asked Jul 20 '11 at 23:14
Blank
Ravi
6 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Should I incorporate as a one-person freelance business?

I am a PHP programmer and designer who primarily does freelance consulting. I do not have any employees or complex payment structures. It's almost always $x for y amount of hours worked. At the...

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to approach the NRI's in Aboard

Hi I am Avinash working for vakilsearch.com - we provide online legal services like Incorporation, IP registrations, Tax registrations, Legal Advise, etc about 200+ services. We want to reach...

0 Votes
3 Answers
Can I run an IT services company online, without having a physical presence?

I am located in India. I currently have a full time job and due to financial constraints, I need to continue this. I intend to start a firm that will provide Web Development Services. I need to run...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 16:56
Blank
Gentrobot
122 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
I live and have an LLC in New Jersey. What happens to it if I move to California?

For my web development consultancy, I do work through a single-member LLC in the state of New Jersey.I'm going to relocate to California next month (not for a job, will still be doing the same...

asked Mar 7 '14 at 00:14
Blank
Bobbie Rice
50 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
Are VCs less likely to fund companies incorporated overseas?

Suppose I incorporate my company in Cayman Islands and then try to seek VC investment. Would VCs be more averse in investing in such companies compared to a company that is incorporated in Delaware?

asked Apr 28 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Why incorporate in Delaware and not your home state?

What are the specific reasons to incorporate your company in Delaware instead of the state you reside in? Almost everyone states that Delaware is the primary choice for businesses.What are some...

asked Apr 11 '14 at 16:29
Blank
Austin Fermin
32 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
I registered a corporation for a startup that didn't materialize. Could I just forget about it and let the state dissolve it automatically?

The state charges a fee just to close the company. I'm already out of several thousand dollars from having a lawyer setup the corporation for me.If I were to just forget about the company and move...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 17:26
Blank
Kimberly Tilton
25 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Which state to incorporate in if I plan to raise money eventually? Should it be LLC, S-corp or C-corp?

Which is the best state to incorporate in if you eventually want to finance your startup with angel funding?I currently have an LLC in my state and not sure if it will be optimal. I went with an...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 21:26
Blank
Regina Villalon
70 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Should you incorporate a company from the start? Or is it ok to build the MVP first?

My friend and I want to build a startup together and following the lean startup methodology.Should we spend time and money to incorporate the company and get paperwork in order prior to starting...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 13:58
Blank
Carlos Riley
45 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Should you register a company in your home state or a business friendly state like Nevada?

That are the pros and cons of creating your corporation in the state where you're located vs a different state like Nevada or Delaware? Which would you recommend?

asked Mar 12 '14 at 02:26
Blank
Gloria West
50 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
Is there such a thing as an initial equity picture evaluation service?

I am wondering if there is such a thing as a neutral, 3rd party service that provides an outside assessment to help a founding team that is ready to incorporate come to a decision on equity...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 21:32
Blank
Dan Newman
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Do you need form a corporation before joining an incubator like YC?

We'd like to keep expenses at a bare minimum so hoping we can avoid paying a lawyer to get incorporated for now. Since we'll just be building the product the first three months anyway, we don't...

asked Feb 10 '14 at 03:16
Blank
Tylar Michaelson
41 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Setting up company in India vs United States

I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of starting a company in India in contrast to the United States. As far as I am concerned, I have seen companies (not all) set up in the...

asked Dec 9 '13 at 18:48
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Can I register the company before testing MVP?

We have completed building a minimum viable product and now it is ready for the test. Can I now incorporate the company before its testing is complete?

asked Nov 29 '13 at 06:36
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Ownership of Intellectual Property of a co-Founder

If I, by myself have programmed a website with a lot of contents, I want to start a c-corp to run this website. I will own majority of the shares but there will also be a marketing person and a...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 07:09
Blank
User26315
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
What is the liability risk for a FREE SAAS service? What are the risks of launching a free SAAS without Incorporating(sole prop)?

I have developed a SAAS application that I would like to launch as a free service. Will a free offering have lesser/zero liability vs a paid one? I find the thought of incorporation with all the...

asked Dec 7 '13 at 06:49
Blank
Jarnal
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Can someone be director of 2 companies?

Can someone be the director of 2 limited companies at the same time? I'm interesting in starting a UK limited company as a single director. There will be 2 shareholders. But I also own another...

asked Nov 8 '13 at 01:17
Blank
Max
98 points