Incorporation Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Benefits of using a formation website

There are a number of formation websites. (ie http://www.companiesmadesimple.com ). I was wondering why you would use one of them rather than just using the companies house website? (I'm based in...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 08:38
Blank
Tom Squires
1,047 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
UK Ltd company formation agent advice and pitfalls?

I am on the verge of pushing the button and incorporating my startup. I have determined that a UK Ltd company is the right corporate vehicle for me. I have also decided to use a formation service...

asked Jun 9 '11 at 23:51
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
18.3K Views
I'm setting up a US branch/subsidiary of a UK-based company. How do I go about this?

A company that I'm working for is registered as a UK limited company. How would I go about setting up a US branch/subsidiary of this company? Should I register as an LLC, S Corp, C Corp, or...

asked May 10 '10 at 06:36
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Foreigners Registering Nevada Corp

A California based investor will invest in a website developed and operated by a tech person in Europe. Since the website is targeting U.S. visitors, they want to register a C-Corp in Nevada. The...

asked Jul 20 '13 at 05:46
Blank
User26315
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.1K Views
Corporation type for internet based businesses? Can you register in any state?

Is there a corporation type for an internet based business? Im assuming a C type would be fine but more importantly can you register your corporation in any state? Since in a way it would be...

asked Apr 5 '10 at 19:08
Blank
Vnchopra
418 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.69K Views
Can I start a company in India while working in the USA on an H1B?

Can I start an internet-based company in India, while working in the USA on an H1B visa? Will I be able to incorporate in India and pay taxes? Is it allowed? What are my options?

asked Jul 20 '11 at 23:14
Blank
Ravi
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.02K Views
Can I run an IT services company online, without having a physical presence?

I am located in India. I currently have a full time job and due to financial constraints, I need to continue this. I intend to start a firm that will provide Web Development Services. I need to run...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 16:56
Blank
Gentrobot
122 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.89K Views
Are VCs less likely to fund companies incorporated overseas?

Suppose I incorporate my company in Cayman Islands and then try to seek VC investment. Would VCs be more averse in investing in such companies compared to a company that is incorporated in Delaware?

asked Apr 28 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Why incorporate in Delaware and not your home state?

What are the specific reasons to incorporate your company in Delaware instead of the state you reside in? Almost everyone states that Delaware is the primary choice for businesses.What are some...

asked Apr 11 '14 at 16:29
Blank
Austin Fermin
32 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.92K Views
Which state to incorporate in if I plan to raise money eventually? Should it be LLC, S-corp or C-corp?

Which is the best state to incorporate in if you eventually want to finance your startup with angel funding?I currently have an LLC in my state and not sure if it will be optimal. I went with an...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 21:26
Blank
Regina Villalon
70 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
Should you incorporate a company from the start? Or is it ok to build the MVP first?

My friend and I want to build a startup together and following the lean startup methodology.Should we spend time and money to incorporate the company and get paperwork in order prior to starting...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 13:58
Blank
Carlos Riley
45 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.68K Views
Should you register a company in your home state or a business friendly state like Nevada?

That are the pros and cons of creating your corporation in the state where you're located vs a different state like Nevada or Delaware? Which would you recommend?

asked Mar 12 '14 at 02:26
Blank
Gloria West
50 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.71K Views
Is there such a thing as an initial equity picture evaluation service?

I am wondering if there is such a thing as a neutral, 3rd party service that provides an outside assessment to help a founding team that is ready to incorporate come to a decision on equity...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 21:32
Blank
Dan Newman
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.18K Views
Setting up company in India vs United States

I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of starting a company in India in contrast to the United States. As far as I am concerned, I have seen companies (not all) set up in the...

asked Dec 9 '13 at 18:48
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
Ownership of Intellectual Property of a co-Founder

If I, by myself have programmed a website with a lot of contents, I want to start a c-corp to run this website. I will own majority of the shares but there will also be a marketing person and a...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 07:09
Blank
User26315
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.91K Views
What is the liability risk for a FREE SAAS service? What are the risks of launching a free SAAS without Incorporating(sole prop)?

I have developed a SAAS application that I would like to launch as a free service. Will a free offering have lesser/zero liability vs a paid one? I find the thought of incorporation with all the...

asked Dec 7 '13 at 06:49
Blank
Jarnal
6 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
Can CEO work from home?

I would like to know if a CEO can work from home. The question is weird, but I would just like to know the answer. When there were company board meetings, he needs to attend and that is OK. He...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 01:22
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
What happens to intellectual property after incorporation?

If two people are working together on a project, and create things like logos, brands, etc, and then at a later point they incorporate the business, what happens to the intellectual...

asked Nov 24 '13 at 07:09
Blank
Sherwin Flight
104 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Tech startup equity split question

First about my background: I have been programming and consulting for 15 years, with expertise in C#, Asp.net, t-sql, Pl/sql, JavaScript, and to a lesser degree Java, Python, NodeJs etc... I would...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 22:25
Blank
Beer Drinker
13 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.29K Views
How can a founder structure the stock options pool to get guaranteed percentage?

Let's say I have a company where I am the founder and also have 2 employees - E1 and E2. Let's say there are 1000 authorized shares, but only 800 of them are issued. 600 of those shares are...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 04:45
Blank
Salmon
970 points