Incorporation Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
Incentivizing crowdsourcing through stock/equity IOUs: 1 free share per submission

During its mission to raise popularity in the midst of the dot-com boom in '98, TravelZoo gave a few free shares to each person who signed up for their mailing list. Hypothetically, let's say I'm...

asked Sep 2 '12 at 14:24
Blank
Maxim Zaslavsky
101 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.35K Views
How to structure even number of board of directors?

We are in the process of setting up a board structure for our startup. Everybody on the board will have their own veto rights on important matters, such as capital injection, spending limits,...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 19:27
Blank
Jaxons
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Tricky Stock Creation Scenario

My partners and I own a couple business'. They are both LLC's. We want to start a third as a shell corporation which will own the other two by way of shares not the LLC partner names on everything...

asked Aug 22 '12 at 02:23
Blank
Matt Akers
118 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Can vesting schedule apply to non-founding officers?

Can a vesting schedule be applied to a non-founding member of a corporation (eg. an officer, employee, etc)?

asked Aug 11 '12 at 04:15
Blank
Dave
34 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.09K Views
Should I register my C Corp in Delaware if I live in Virginia and I'm doing business in Virginia?

I called a CPA in Virginia and he told me it's better to create your C corp in Delaware, because their tax system is so flexible that you don't need to pay for state tax. Is that true? And is it Ok...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 00:49
Blank
Hendi Valentino
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Is it wise to incorporate after beta?

We're two Italian developers, and we're about to release a software technology in open beta. However, we're not incorporated as this is a long-term side project of ours and we're both employed...

asked Jul 5 '12 at 19:03
Blank
Tunnuz
101 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Does every account (Paypal, Mailchimp etc.) need to be in the Corporation's name, to make that account belong to the Corp?

Q1. Does every account (PayPal,Sendgrid,Heroku,AWS,Mailchimp) need to be in a company's name to make the company liable for anything that might go wrong, not the founders (to a reasonable degree of...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 16:41
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Incorporating IT service consultant work under an LLC

I have a small number of clients for whom I provide IT and website hosting services on a recurring basis (all side-work). While I'm still just breaking even due to hardware/cloud expenses at the...

asked Jun 19 '12 at 03:00
Blank
Matt Beckman
132 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Seeking advice on the order in which to do things

So we have our idea, the site map pretty much laid out and designed, and now we are ready to start looking for a development team. Right now we have three founders and we are looking for one...

asked Jun 19 '12 at 08:42
Blank
Derek
164 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
Pitfalls of using an online service to form an S-Corp

My company (or soon to be) is looking at becoming an S-Corp. Right now most of our funds are tied up in the company and we can't really afford to hire an attorney to do the work for us. Can we get...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 04:58
Blank
Mike
19 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.77K Views
When do I need to file as a foreign corporation?

We recently formed a c-corp in DE and are currently bootstrapping as we look for outside investment. Since we are currently based outside of DE, we will need to file as a foreign corporation at...

asked Jul 3 '12 at 05:42
Blank
User18626
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
Can I register a DBA in a state that I don't live in?

I currently live outside of the US and I want my small (one person) software company to be in US jurisdiction. I'm not making enough money yet to justify forming an LLC, so I thought about filing...

asked Jun 3 '12 at 20:38
Blank
Mike T
174 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.84K Views
Unorthodox Startup Formation

Two other founders and I are planning to start an S-class tech firm. All of us have a government background and are new to the process: one founder is the notional CFO and has thus far handled the...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 04:40
Blank
Fox
126 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Need approval to sell shares in limited company?

If I and an investor own 50% of the outstanding shares in a limited company each, can I transfer some of my shares to another entity without the investor's (or any other shareholders') approval?...

asked May 29 '12 at 11:39
Blank
Kate
99 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.75K Views
If my startup buys software code, is the seller or buyer responsible for copyright infringments?

The reason I'm asking is this: I currently run a sole proprietorship. I plan to establish a Limited company in 6 months time. The Limited company will take ownership of all software I produce in...

asked May 29 '12 at 17:45
Blank
Nilzor
138 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Where Shall I Establish My LLC/LLP?

I am an engineer that will soon be having a sole client, an Austin, TX based company. I will be providing my services while working from my home office (in NY state); occassionally (say, once in a...

asked May 14 '12 at 06:56
Blank
User3262424
107 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Are online incorporation and contract forms sufficient?

Myself and two others have founded a start up and would like to incorporate. There are several sites that set up and file online (LegalZoom being one example), and I was wondering if in early...

asked May 15 '12 at 03:26
Blank
Zugwalt
135 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.8K Views
Catch 22 trying to revive a forfeited corporate charter

Ten years ago I formed an S-Corp in Maryland with myself as the sole shareholder and director. Unfortunately I didn't have a handle on making all the required tax filings and payments, and the...

asked May 16 '12 at 08:26
Blank
Maryland Business Owner
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
What is the best way to prepare and e-file Form 1120

I own a US C coporation and i've linked a checking account to it with an EIN. I'm a freelancer and I've received some payments for my services through Google checkout & Paypal, The total amount...

asked May 5 '12 at 21:35
Blank
Ryan
139 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
What is the best way for a foreign individual to incorporate in US to use payment services?

My business model is subscription based therefore I need to use a payment service that is practical for this purpose. Unfortunately, as far as I researched, such services are only available to US...

asked May 6 '12 at 16:49
Blank
Kaan Soral
66 points