S Corp Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Closing an S-Corp in California

Sorry for the California specificity of my question, but that is where I am located. I want to close my S-corp (I'm taking a full time job). Ideally, I'd like to do it before the end of the year...

asked Nov 9 '13 at 06:02
Blank
Dave
160 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Single Employee S Corp - Wage/Salary Options

I'm starting a self-employed S-Corp to perform software development services for which I will charge an hourly rate. I'm setting myself up as the sole employee of the S-Corp and will pay myself...

asked Mar 1 '13 at 08:46
Blank
User25256
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
Recommended Business Structure for Group of Part Time App Builders

A few friends and I have started building small apps and WordPress plugins in our spare time, and I'm wondering what would be the best business structure (LLC, S-Corp, etc) as I think it's almost...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 06:14
Blank
Jeremiah Prummer
441 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Most Appropriate Business Type for Selling a Virtual Product?

I run a business where sells certain ebooks and pdfs online. I want to form an official business entity just to be able to operate under that name, protect myself from liability as well as get any...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 14:47
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.45K Views
C-Corp vs LLC. How much more complex?

I am starting a technology business with my 50% partner. We are trying to decide between an LLC and a C-Corp. (We are in Michigan) In our case an S-Corp probably won't work too well. I've read a...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 10:00
Blank
Thread7
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Reasons not to start as an S corporation for a small professional services firm

My understanding is that an S corporation is the easiest for a new firm, and can always be changed to a C corporation later. What are the reasons not to do it this way? The firm under...

asked Nov 3 '12 at 03:29
Blank
Math Attack
106 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Defer Taxes on Profits in an S-Corporation

Are there any ways to defer taxation on S-Corp profits in a year?

asked Aug 21 '12 at 09:46
Blank
N L
18 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Maintaining S corp in california

I recently registered a S corp in CA. At this time I do not have any transaction. Income is 0, hoever I have made some expenses with my Biz account for small items like computer, desk etc. From...

asked Aug 11 '12 at 03:15
Blank
User19188
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
Paying S-Corp Owner Directly from Main Bank Account

I run a small US-based startup, (an S Corp), I am also a contractor of this business. Am I able to withdrawl money from the main business banking account and pay myself (a contractor) without...

asked Jul 16 '12 at 06:22
Blank
User1062058
22 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
Pitfalls of using an online service to form an S-Corp

My company (or soon to be) is looking at becoming an S-Corp. Right now most of our funds are tied up in the company and we can't really afford to hire an attorney to do the work for us. Can we get...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 04:58
Blank
Mike
19 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
I am starting a consulting firm. My client is in canada but will pay me in US currency. Should I create an LLC or S-corp

I live in California USA. I have a client in Toronto Canada. They are paying me in US dollars and require a corp-to-corp realationship. Should I create an LLC or S-corp?

asked Jun 15 '12 at 16:38
Blank
Mitch
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.16K Views
Taxation of fringe benefits for shareholders in an S Corp?

In this publication, the IRS lists a number of fringe benefits that you can provide employees and details when/why they would be considered taxable vs. non-taxable. However, at the start of the...

asked May 3 '12 at 01:56
Blank
Jeffrey Blake
115 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Does The IRS Think Full-Time S-Corp Shareholders Are Also Employees?

After asking about the taxation of fringe benefits for shareholders in an S Corp, it occurred to me that there could be two types of shareholders. Those who are silently collecting whatever profits...

asked May 3 '12 at 23:43
Blank
Jeffrey Blake
115 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
No Income on S-corp currently. What happens when the S-corp starts generating income?

I want to start a S-corp. The company will not generate any income atleast of for 1 year. Probably after a year the company may start generating some income. I also have a fulltime job. When the...

asked Apr 15 '12 at 00:28
Blank
Ragha J
4 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.49K Views
Do you send a copy Certificate of Incorporation (Articles of Incorporation) to an interested investor?

Do you think is safe to send a copy of the certificate of corporation (Articles Of Incorporation) to a very interested investor? I think this investor wants to verify that my startup company is...

asked Mar 23 '12 at 12:47
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
Proper way to get share in US company for non-US citizen

I was working for quite a time with US company which is S Corporation. Now we are planning to continue as partners and I should get 10% of the company. As far as I understand I cant be a...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 01:59
Blank
Igor Romanov
118 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
S Corp Salary - no income

My startup is at the stage where I'm considering forming an LLC, S-Corp or C-Corp. I've been reading a lot, on this site and others, about the various advantages and disadvantages of the 3 main...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 02:14
Blank
Paul Cezanne
649 points