Partner Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.84K Views
Do I need my own lawyer on a partnership agreement modification

Back story: I'm the majority equity and voting power holder in a multi-member LLC (Three members, I will call partnership). A year ago we had a partner's wife, who is a corporate lawyer, create a...

asked Apr 23 '13 at 03:07
Blank
Dragonman
120 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
What are the immediate steps I should take when starting to bootstrap a new startup with a friend?

I just read through some of the other questions found on here regarding early steps to take when starting a new biz with a partner, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I've decided to...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 10:57
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
5.34K Views
General Partners vs Limited Partners in venture capital firms?

What's the difference between GPs and LPs at VC firms? Is one better to try to approach than the other when trying to raise money from their firm?

asked May 16 '14 at 13:12
Blank
Terri Hale
2 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
Partnering with a consulting company

I have an opportunity to build a software with a subscription model with my partner who is the domain expert. We found a consulting company who is willing to due the whole development and...

asked Oct 22 '13 at 16:14
Blank
Adam
1 point

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Should a partner who is handling sales receive commisions plus half of the profits?

I am starting a two person partnership. We are offering a service at 500.00 a month per client, the operating costs are 150 per month per client. We will be giving salesmen 20% (100) leaving approx...

asked Oct 24 '13 at 14:19
Blank
Michael Nesmith
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
When to include others in venture?

When is it optimal to include other people in a startup (including a co-founder)? Currently, I've talked to people about the project to validate the idea however I have this thought that it makes...

asked Aug 31 '13 at 09:23
Blank
Paul Konova
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
Getting a partner onboard

I was approached by a freelancer i have worked before with to work together as a company. I would be interested in partnering with him. But need some advice on how to get into this partnership. My...

asked Jun 19 '13 at 16:04
Blank
Anshul
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.36K Views
Partner Asking For Investment Back

I recently just started an IT business. I built the product and got the product out there and brought in clients already. I asked a friend to partner with me to build the company. I gave him 30%...

asked May 2 '13 at 04:11
Blank
Rasheeda
65 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
Should initial contribution or future contribution determine equity stake?

I just launched my business which I have been developing for about a year. And in less than 2 months the business already has about 12 dedicated clients and we have made sales and refilled our...

asked Apr 23 '13 at 01:18
Blank
Rasheeda
65 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
Value of technical expertise vs. industry connections, initial risk, and business management

I have been given an offer to join as a partner for an existing startup as the technical owner, and am not sure what is fair in terms of equity. The current owner has the connections and...

asked Apr 24 '13 at 08:43
Blank
Guest215
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Micromanaging partner

We are a start-up working on a few projects and trying to build some strategic products alongside. This is a 3 member partnership setup with a development team of about 15 people. One person, let's...

asked Mar 5 '13 at 13:28
Blank
Muthu
159 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Recommended Business Structure for Group of Part Time App Builders

A few friends and I have started building small apps and WordPress plugins in our spare time, and I'm wondering what would be the best business structure (LLC, S-Corp, etc) as I think it's almost...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 06:14
Blank
Jeremiah Prummer
441 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
S-Corporation Filing an extension with profits

So, you have a S-Corporation with profits, there's an ownership dispute with a court date in May, after the filing date of March 15th. Should the S-Corporation file an extension? So normally,...

asked Jan 13 '13 at 12:54
Blank
N L
18 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.18K Views
I have an idea that I am almost sure that it will be successful but no time to do it

I live in Athens, Greece. I have an idea that is really simple to do. It just needs a blog, a twitter account and a facebook page for support. The problem is that i don't have the time to work for...

asked Dec 18 '12 at 20:53
Blank
Kostas
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
How to go about getting a controlling vote on decision making?

I am starting a business with my partner. The company does marketing related services. Initially, it was assumed that the company is going to be 50/50 between the both of us. However, recently I...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 03:36
Blank
James
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
Partnership disagreement

My business partner and I have formed a partnership, we are in the process of drafting our partnership agreement. One of the points that he wants on there is: If one of the partners leaves they...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 03:02
Blank
Ryan Murphy
108 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Revoking a Partner's Equity

I am involved in a startup and one of our minority partners (owns 15%, vested 25% of that 15% with the rest over the next two years) is not meeting his side of the agreement. I think we have the...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 06:04
Blank
Steve
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
What to offer sales biz dev first hire / partner for product that has early sales traction?

Background: I am a developer with a SaaS product that is bringing in revenue, but not enough to pay a sales person's salary (yet). The company shouldn't need outside funding. The product is...

asked Aug 27 '12 at 07:11
Blank
Nw Architect
136 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
Partner is leaving, is there any common legal agreement that will allow him to return?

We have a company that has three business partners (all of us are liable for whatever happens in the company). One of the partners is temporarily leaving the company as he can't fulfill his duties...

asked Aug 29 '12 at 18:37
Blank
Kraken
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Structuring a stock earnout on start-up?

We are contemplating a start-up with 2 main founders, who will put cash in and work in the business, and 2 angel investors who will only put in cash. The way we want the ownership to work out...

asked Aug 6 '12 at 03:20
Blank
Stringfellow
18 points